Status
Not open for further replies.

belmont

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Greetings.

I haven't been following the GBA-DS scene so I really don't know anything about all these new carts (I still use my F2A and M3 perfect on my DS Lite) however I have one of those new Action Replay DSi cards that I bought for cheats, homebrew and for exporting/importing saves.

Since I use the DSiWare shop I want to update. Does anyone know if the newest update blocks the AR DSi?

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GoldenHedgy said:
Is there a fix for AceKard 2i with Akaio?

Or am I doomed for the actual Acekard for Acekard?

The Acekard update for 1.4.1 has nothing to do with AKAIO. Update with the Acekard update, you'll still have AKAIO firmware.

minol66

Trophies
XP
Country
Just updated to firmware 1.4.1 (mistakenly of course). Apparently, flashcard on my DsiXL still works. Probably firmware does not affect all flashcard. I'm using Galaxy Eagle flashcard.

olevar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
updated by mistake too. i'm too impatient to wait til r4i-sdhc comes out with an update for their 1.4 cards... so does anyone know a safe vendor that sells their 1.4.1 cards?
ohnoes.png

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
olevar said:
updated by mistake too. i'm too impatient to wait til r4i-sdhc comes out with an update for their 1.4 cards... so does anyone know a safe vendor that sells their 1.4.1 cards?
ohnoes.png
Shoptemp
http://shoptemp.com/?gbatemp

olevar

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
olevar said:
ohnoes.png
Shoptemp
http://shoptemp.com/?gbatemp

ehh? can you vouch for them? the picture on display isn't even the right one =T. I tried yopool, r4wood & r4ds-ds, but I don't know if it's a good thing or not that apparently they don't accept prepaid mastercards(i use cuz i dont trust the internet T_T)

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
any1 know when the r4i fix will be released? On their website they've been saying 'We are solving this issue' for ages now - are they actually doing anything???
glare.gif

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
olevar said:
ehh? can you vouch for them? the picture on display isn't even the right one =T. I tried yopool, r4wood & r4ds-ds, but I don't know if it's a good thing or not that apparently they don't accept prepaid mastercards(i use cuz i dont trust the internet T_T)
Can we vouch for ShopTemp?

That's a safe yes.

Derp.

Darksaiyan9000

Darksaiyan9000
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y'all I found a way how to actualy bypass the update block hears what to do
1.reply to me with your email and I give you a spechal folder with all the nesisary documents
2.update your dsi like if you didn't even have your flashcard
3.put your micro SD and remove all the files from it(exsept the games and/or media files)
4.put the fills that where in the one file I gave you to the root of the SD(like if you where seting up your flashcard)
5.put your SD back in your flash and into your dsi
6.start it up and then when your in you should get an error saying the same as if nintendo killed it
7.compleatly reboot your dsi and hold L/R and tap the game icon
8.you should get the same error but then tap Y and then your in

Warnings/tips:
1.this works only on r4i sdhc(I hadn't tested it with the gold or revolution)
2.this works about %45 percent of the time
3.you can try to test it on the gold or revolution

koldsaur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok guys, good news. i updated my gfs dsi and i didnt know 1.4.1 existed so i did some researce and found this

http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2ifw_update_141.zip

i also have a dsi and i didnt update mine yet, so i downloaded that^ and dragged the dsi file onto my sd memory card and ran it on my dsi that is working with flashcards and accepted everything and waited for it to be 100% done (plug it into your wall charger just in case) and when its done, you can plug it into your dsi that isnt working with the flashcard and it works now, and on top of that, NO MORE DANNY PHANTOM ICON! now its "ALEX RIDER STORMREAKER THQ" and that was literally in caps. and the icon looks cooler. anyway, you can also use a dslite to fix your dsi. if you have any questions, pm me.
smile.gif

x_r3ap3r_x

Trophies
XP
koldsaur said:
ok guys, good news. i updated my gfs dsi and i didnt know 1.4.1 existed so i did some researce and found this

http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2ifw_update_141.zip

i also have a dsi and i didnt update mine yet, so i downloaded that^ and dragged the dsi file onto my sd memory card and ran it on my dsi that is working with flashcards and accepted everything and waited for it to be 100% done (plug it into your wall charger just in case) and when its done, you can plug it into your dsi that isnt working with the flashcard and it works now, and on top of that, NO MORE DANNY PHANTOM ICON! now its "ALEX RIDER STORMREAKER THQ" and that was literally in caps. and the icon looks cooler. anyway, you can also use a dslite to fix your dsi. if you have any questions, pm me.
smile.gif

No need to revive an old thread this fix has been out for ages.

mechadylan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the newer (can we still call it "new?") icon looks cooler at all. Farewell, Dannykard... ...you served us well. T_T

SDANG

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry to bump this thread.

But I googled up and this forum came on and I want to ask a few questions regarding about this problem.

Yesterday, I accidently went on system settings and pressed system update.
Then I keep getting this error message:
An error has occurred.
Press and hold the power button etc…”

Does this mean my card is blocked? How can I fix this?

I have this r4 card:
82ed9356b05f26f14f1a9f50300e54c0.image.320x320.jpg

I have a dsi ver 1.4.1E, from UK.

Please help me! As I don't really want to buy a new one as its very expensive!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yes it's blocked, good job, NEVER UPDATE A SYSTEM THAT CAN RUN HOMEBREW.

You will need access to any DS/Lite, or a DSi/XL on firmware 1.3 or below in order to run the cart so that you can run the 1.4.1 update on the cart's home page (if there is one, some carts don't offer them because their bootloaders can't be updated so they just tell you to buy a new cart).

If that cart is "very expensive" you got ripped off, as an Acekard 2i is only ~$16 USD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.