Nintendo Direct Mini Now Live

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by T-hug, Jan 11, 2018.

1. DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL GBAtemp's official dragon look-alike axolotl

Oct 28, 2015
    Chile
    under your bed
    so the switch, the last gen ports machine still holds true to its name, lmao

still, mario tennis aces looking pretty neat. Might finally get a switch near this year end just because of it, and maybe one or two other games.

2. k-key

k-key Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Why all these whining? All these games will require firmware >3.0.0 so nobody will play it here.

Nerdtendo likes this.
  3. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend ~Apprentice Game Designer~

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    Honestly, I expected a bit more. Perhaps we'll have to wait 'till E3 for all the really big announcements. The games announced here are kinda interesting, but mostly games I've already played that I can now play again on the go. Tbh, I'd love to play The World Ends With You again or try Hyrule Warriors and Dark Souls, but not at a full fat $60, which is what I'm expecting. Mario Tennis sounds kinda cool, and so does Kirby, but those games never interested me too much, so I can't say I'd actually buy either. Overall, there was nothing here that I could definitively say, "Heck yeah, take my money!"

A lukewarm start to the year, but I honestly have plenty to play on my Switch as-is, so I'm not perturbed. New Pokemon game soon, please!

4. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    i never bough donkey kong tropical freeze or hyrule warriors on wiiu so i will maybe get them if i find them cheap and used, its nice nintendo keeps doing some wiiu exlclusive ports, but everyone wants smash with all dlc and yet nintendo refuses to do so ...

5. D34DL1N3R

D34DL1N3R Nephilim

Dec 6, 2008
    United States
    The new Mario Tennis best have an online mode or it will be a no buy for me.

6. Oakmontowls

Oakmontowls Member

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2016
    United States
    Hopefully the max rupee glitch will be in the switch version of Hyrule warriors, otherwise the grind will be real.

DaMan likes this.
  7. SonicfanCEMUTesting

SonicfanCEMUTesting This guy

Mar 29, 2016
    Poland
    Somewhere on the internet
    Even more Switch ports of Wii U games.

8. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    So much salt :lol:

9. rileysrjay

rileysrjay GBAtemp's official vinsclone speedster!

Apr 2, 2016
    United States
    Central City
    Personally I'm really happy with this direct. There was a ton of great stuff packed in there (personally I'm really excited for dkc, Hyrule warriors, dark souls, and Kirby), especially being a mini direct at around 14 minutes long. IMO people set their expectations way too high for this direct because of all the leaks (as people do with most directs). Sure, a lot of these are ports of Wii u games, but keep in mind that a ton of people missed out on the Wii u and Nintendo has made it clear that the Wii u ports were going to be part of their strategy for the switch. Nintendo will probably announce stuff for the big games at e3 (pokemon, Metroid 4, maybe smash?). I'm a bit surprised we didn't hear anything about Yoshi or the new fire emblem, hopefully we'll get some news on those before e3.

DarthDub and Owenge like this.
  10. Owenge

Owenge GBAtemp Regular

Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    The Void
    True :glare:

11. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    imo they still have some amazing wiiu games to port, i wont get them but some people will

super mario 3d world
    xenoblades chronicles X
    yoshi whooly world
    Super mario maker
    Smash bros U(i would get this one with all dlc included if they did it)
    pikmin 3
    wonderful 101

sure yoshi got a port to 3ds but so did hyrule warriors and it got a remaster so who knows, out of all this games i would get smash for dlc on cartrige the rest im fine with my wiiu version,i respect people that never owned a wiiu that could enjoy this games.

Last edited by pedro702, Jan 11, 2018
    rileysrjay likes this.
  12. rileysrjay

rileysrjay GBAtemp's official vinsclone speedster!

Apr 2, 2016
    United States
    Central City
    I could see ports of 3d world, Xenoblade X, Mario maker and smash (both Mario maker and smash would be dx versions probably, or maybe even new games entirely) happening. Pikmin 3 and wooly world I doubt since Pikmin 4 is still in development last we heard and Yoshi is already getting a new game on switch. I've heard rumors of a port of the wonderful 101 for a while now, but if it actually happens we'll have to wait and see. Also as weird as it sounds I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo did a captain toad port.

13. proflayton123

proflayton123 Sakura思い

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Pokémon rpg announcement when pls

14. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemps Midna

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    The Twilight Realm
    twewy is finally gonna be on a real system and one with a decent res, freaking amazing

samiam144 likes this.
  15. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Lmao 2 pokemon characters for 14.99.

16. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    oh i forgot captain toad its a neat little game they could easily add afew worlds and call it DX too, now its the best time to fill my wiiu library up, im still debating if i overpay for tropical freeze or get the wiiu version now that its like 15 euros used on amazon, i will wait and see. still miss some games for my wiiu library.

17. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemps Midna

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    The Twilight Realm
    twewy is only 18 bucks on ios and android, I only see it coming out at 20 bucks tops on the switch, if they were real crazy, maybe 40, but I don't seem them doing a full 60 dollars in anyway at all

18. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    oh i can see a minimum of 40, it wlll never be 20, hck even indie games cost more than that, and afaik it will get retail edition so i can see 40-60.

19. Exaltys

Exaltys GBAtemp Fan

Nov 10, 2009
    United States
    Nintendo Wars: Attack of the Ports

20. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemps Midna

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    The Twilight Realm
    why in the hell would the mark it up to over 3 times the price of another version they have out all the way to 60, I see 40 as the cap, and there can be 40 dollar physical games on switch as seen with puyo puyo tetris, I can't seem them possibly going over 40, even with switch tax