Votes: 192 73.6%

• Total voters

JerryX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some games like Pokken, Bayonetta and Hyrule Warriors, they were probably ported because the companies who helped make them for Wii U (Bandai Namco, Platinum, and Koei Tecmo) want more of a return for those games that they sunk time into for Nintendo. Hell, the Tropical Freeze port could've just been made so Retro could get back some money also. The only ports that were fully on Nintendo EAD were Mario Kart and BotW.
Also, ports are not going to replace the development of a true game. They're already finished games that just need some changes to work on a different system. The most work that's done is usually minor gameplay additions and control changes anyway.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
easy. These Wii U releases are NOT "HD enhancements". Maybe 60 is fine for you but for those of us that were loyal to Nintendo during the Wii U, we shouldn't be punished because other gamers were too stubborn to not buy these games the first time around. Adding additional content doesn't warrant a full price. You would never expect a GOTY edition to be sold at full price and these Wii U re-releases are basically GOTY versions.
Not easy. And actually, some are. Wind Waker HD, for example.

And you're NOT BEING PUNISHED! You've got a SUPER ignorant viewpoint. How about those who rebought ff7 for the ps4, for 15 bucks? or 9 for 21?

If you have it on the Wii U, then play it on the Wii U. You're not obligated to buy it on the Switch. If you really want it again, get it on the Switch. 60 is fine. 40 is better.

Your logic makes LITERALLY zero sense. I bought Hyrule Warriors twice already and its DLC. I'll GLADLY rebuy the definitive version on the Switch.

Seriously. Your logic (or the lack thereof...) reeks of misplaced saltiness and is absolutely illogical.

Reactions: rob4 and Shadow#1

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not easy. And actually, some are. Wind Waker HD, for example.

And you're NOT BEING PUNISHED! You've got a SUPER ignorant viewpoint. How about those who rebought ff7 for the ps4, for 15 bucks? or 9 for 21?

If you have it on the Wii U, then play it on the Wii U. You're not obligated to buy it on the Switch. If you really want it again, get it on the Switch. 60 is fine. 40 is better.

Your logic makes LITERALLY zero sense. I bought Hyrule Warriors twice already and its DLC. I'll GLADLY rebuy the definitive version on the Switch.

Seriously. Your logic (or the lack thereof...) reeks of misplaced saltiness and is absolutely illogical.

Have fun wasting your money on conversions with minuscule content additions. I stand with what I said, 20-60 is too damn high. 20-30 (digital/physical) makes more sense. Either way I said what I wanted to say.

Reactions: Eddypikachu

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have fun wasting your money on conversions with minuscule content additions. I stand with what I said, 20-60 is too damn high. 20-30 (digital/physical) makes more sense. Either way I said what I wanted to say.

It's not wasting if I can reply one of my favorite games (Hyrule Warriors) on the Switch. And minuscule...? No. Hell no. HUGE additions. 20-60 is too damn high...? You're so ridiculous. That's a huge range.

It's not wasting if I get it on my main system.

Did you cry and whine when Ocarina of Time came out on the 3DS? No. You rebought it. So many had.

And this isn't exclusive to Nintendo. Sony does it, Xbox does it, EVERYONE DOES IT.

You're just whining for absolutely NO reason.

My god, why are you acting so damn entitled?! And why is your logic so damn flawed? It really shows your (lack of) intelligence...

Last edited by Thirty3Three,
Reactions: Shadow#1

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
next port will be Twilight Princess
I'm thinking Skyward Sword. Grezzo is confirmed to be working on a Zelda remake for the Switch. Since we got Twilight and Waker, I bet we're getting Skyward. Also because it's the most requested zelda remake for the Switch. I'm guessing that's the one that they're working on right now, and the other two will come later.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm thinking Skyward Sword. Grezzo is confirmed to be working on a Zelda remake for the Switch. Since we got Twilight and Waker, I bet we're getting Skyward. Also because it's the most requested zelda remake for the Switch. I'm guessing that's the one that they're working on right now, and the other two will come later.
but there is no TP on the switch, they made it for gc, then for wii, then wii u, so they surely will make it for switch, right?
Alright, enough trolling, I bet on SS too ;)

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Either way, poll majority shows that more people aren't annoyed by the ports.

Just speak with your wallet, really. Buy it or don't buy it. Simple as that. That's how it's always been every other game ported to newer consoles and just games in general.

Last edited by NyaakoXD,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Haha! No yeah WW and TP were on the Wii U. But I loved Twilight Princess! Expecting SS next :P
I really hope that the next Zelda we will see on switch will feature Ganondorf
I don't only like Ganon the beast, I also like Ganondorf the human a lot
We havent seen Ganondorf since TP (excluding remake)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hope that the next Zelda we will see on switch will feature Ganondorf
I don't only like Ganon the beast, I also like Ganondorf the human a lot
We havent seen Ganondorf since TP (excluding remake)
He was really cool. Didn't really care for his hair-twirled appearance in TP though. He looked badass in OoT. I liked how at the beginning he had short hair, then longer toward the end. It was pretty cool attention to detail!

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
He was really cool. Didn't really care for his hair-twirled appearance in TP though. He looked badass in OoT. I liked how at the beginning he had short hair, then longer toward the end. It was pretty cool attention to detail!
well, hair grow in 7 years
I doubt you go to haircutter when you plan to conquer the world

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, hair grow in 7 years
I doubt you go to haircutter when you plan to conquer the world
Hahaha! I can imagine Ganondorf having slaves to cut his hair. Well, monsters. He probably didn't trust them with scissors. After all they're probably not too smart, anyway.

No but yeah lol. It's still a super attention to detail. Most games of that era, you'd probably just see him with short hair again, reusing the same model. I think it was a really cool thing they did.

lzyslckr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never had a WiiU so I'm glad they're porting some good games. Of course there's emulation but portability is king.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
easy. These Wii U releases are NOT "HD enhancements". Maybe 60 is fine for you but for those of us that were loyal to Nintendo during the Wii U, we shouldn't be punished because other gamers were too stubborn to not buy these games the first time around. Adding additional content doesn't warrant a full price. You would never expect a GOTY edition to be sold at full price and these Wii U re-releases are basically GOTY versions.
hd enhancements... how are all ps3 ports to ps4 hd enhancements? they arent since they were hd on ps3 too they just put a few shader improvemebnts and textures and call it complete,definitive and such.

nintendo still has alot of wiiu games that are exclsuive and worth porting imo

wonderful 101
super mario maker
xenoblade chronicles x
super mario 3d world
pikmin 3
captain toad
nsmbu
super luigi u
yoshi whooly world
super smash bros

they still have some games that are very meh but still exclsuive like
devils third
starfox zero
tank tank tank

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cool, how much are you guys willing to bet that these kinds of parasitic threads are gonna be created everyday for the next year? Place your bets here!

For the next year? How long have developers made remasters and "gold" editions and ported them? Ten or fifteen years? A quick google can find you a "parasitic port thread" from eight years ago if you want to read what we bitched about then.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the next year? How long have developers made remasters and "gold" editions and ported them? Ten or fifteen years? A quick google can find you a "parasitic port thread" from eight years ago if you want to read what we bitched about then.

Threads about bitching is definitely productive, alright.

Yami Anubis ZX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did I just see someone say Nintendo shouldn't punish Wii U owners like this? Oh my, I'm really tired of Wii U owners getting angry over the fact that Nintendo is bringing underrated gems from Wii U to Switch and that they think Nintendo owes them. Wii U failed, 12 million users, Switch sold past 12 million in 1 year, not only that but the games that sold poor on Wii U have a chance to actually flourish and succeed on Switch, where it failed on Wii U, not only that but they will be portable, play 2 p mode anywhere and with anyone, plus Hyrule Warriors Wii U was alot better than 3ds version, everyone knows that but Switch, you can literally take the console version on the go, it won't be a downport, also you will have co op on the go, 3ds didn't have that. More people can experience the Wii U masterpieces and Nintendo can spread out there new games with Wii U ports, so it won't completely look like Wii U first party support, where it took forever for a Nintendo game to release.

Plus Donkey Kong Tropical freeze, I played some on Wii U but quit cause I was more into handheld and it was hard, so this version will be convenient, amazing game.

Last edited by Yami Anubis ZX,

Darksabre72

Blue Falcon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not even a year has gone by and Nintendo has remaster 4 WiiU games. First of Mario Kart 8, then Pokken Tournament so I’m like ok that’s fine and now in this direct I was expecting virtual console games finally being announced but no! More Remastered shit. Tropical freeze and Hyrule Warriors. Like WTF?! We just got hyrule warriors not even 2 years ago (3ds) Now we are getting it again for the 3rd time? The only difference being is that you have 2 new skins and a minor upscale same with tropical freeze you only get funky kong in this version. I didn’t even last 2 minutes in this direct cuz it was straight up shit. Instead on focusing on remasters just port them to the switch via virtual console simple. You didn’t need a definitive version to a game that had so much dlc. Honestly Nintendo, we are on a new console, a console that has literally 4 new games lol. BOTW, Odyssey, Arms and splatoon 2. You need to get your shit together.
I mean the only reason i would say that they do this is because the most people didn't have a wii u, and there were great games on the console that most people never heard of or just want it on the switch. One thing i would say as to why they would put up more wii u re-releases this could be a bit of filler for some new games they don't want to talk about yet.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Meanwhile, 12-year-old FFXII gets a port from PS2, nobody bats an eye. Remakes/remasters happen all the time for every system, at least Nintendo has the excuse that WiiU sold poorly. Sony is gonna remake every PS2/PS3 game the way they're going, and those systems did not sell poorly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, lol +1