MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
them remastering so many wiiu games is actually a great business strategy on their part considering how poorly the wiiu sold alot of people missed out on alot of really great games and since the switch is selling so well they can bring back all these games make them better and make bank
But as a Wii U owner, it's also a slap to the faces of us loyal Nintendo consumers who have already bought the game for Wii U.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But as a Wii U owner, it's also a slap to the faces of us loyal Nintendo consumers who have already bought the game for Wii U.
Despite it being of a shorter time window, what about those who bought a PS3, got The Last of Us and saw it rereleased on the PS4? I don't see it being a slap in the face if you bought it before. Play it on your old system if you're so inclined to play it. If you want to buy it again, that's your freedom to do so. I never understood this logic at all.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Some people have weak bladders ¯\("/)/¯
The weakest. I'm on mah 3rd martini and i be pissin' af.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I fail to see it that way. I'm pretty sure when PS3 games were ported as PS4 games, PS3 users didn't get their knickers in a twist.

Reactions: Thirty3Three

oji

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I'm trying to avoid of feeding those developers who are poisoned by DLCs (with rare exclusions), remakes, free2play & loot boxes. It's sad to see what is happening to a game market from an oldfag's point of view. But anyway there're great new games on a Switch & more will start to come soon.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fail to see it that way. I'm pretty sure when PS3 games were ported as PS4 games, PS3 users didn't get their knickers in a twist.
Least those ports wasn't $60, they was $40 and did have better performance and framerate even though those 30-60FPS ports are buggy.:unsure:

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Least those ports wasn't $60, they was $40 and did have better performance and framerate even though those 30-60FPS ports are buggy.:unsure:

And what if people didn't own these? I hardly see the issue, more people have a chance to catch up what they missed, companies get more money. Win-win. Portability, too, and the Wii U wasn't portable.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
What difference does it make to you? It's not like Nintendo is focusing on these ports completely. You should be happy that these remasters will attract more people into buying the console you like, meaning that there will be more developers willing to make games on the Switch.

Personally, I'm happy that there's a gaming console where I can play Bayonetta 2 that's not the Wii U.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And what if people didn't own these? I hardly see the issue, more people have a chance to catch up what they missed, companies get more money. Win-win. Portability, too, and the Wii U wasn't portable.
Even better, was just pointing out ps4 game ports have a discount compared to switch. That was my point, that is something that people who has switch is "getting their knickers in a twist" About. Personally I don't care, I bought some game ports on my switch already. And I'm buying Donkey Kong to play all over again, with the godlike soundtrack to listen to anytime. Also some I never played before. :P

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

PewnyPL

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The main problem with people complaining about those ports is that they owned a Wii U and those games. Face it, those games are NOT aimed at you. You already have and played it before, you have NO NEED to buy it. They are ported for new customers who didn't own a Wii U.
Same was true with PS3. It was going pretty equal to X360, but this generation PS4 is way ahead of XBO, so for them it makes perfect sense to release some PS3 exclusives on PS4, so their new customers can try them out.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
My only real issue with these re-releases on the Switch is the price.

Selling them at full 60 bucks retail price for 2+ year old games is quite aggravating to be honest.

PS4, XO and Steam would have those games at a cheaper price, at least 20 dlls below the full retail price (40 bucks) i'd say would make them ideal for purchase for AAA games being ported to it.

invaderyoyo

invader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's incredible how many people are taking offense when the Switch is criticized. Chill, no one is insulting you.

Anyway, I bought a Wii U, but don't really care about these ports either way. Nintendo invested money in these games and they're trying to get it back. It makes sense for them to port.

I kind of agree with @Sonic Angel Knight . It's pretty clear that third parties don't have faith in the Switch just yet, and you can't really blame them. They're generally not making anything new for it. I'm pretty happy about Atlus making SMT V for the Switch.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Do not speak for Wii U owners. Your selfish feelings are your own.
My only real issue with these re-releases on the Switch is the price.

Selling them at full 60 bucks retail price for 2+ year old games is quite aggravating to be honest.

PS4, XO and Steam would have those games at a cheaper price, at least 20 dlls below the full retail price (40 bucks) i'd say would make them ideal for purchase for AAA games being ported to it.
This is what is upsetting, the games are still full-priced for the remaster. They should discount it if you can prove you've purchased it for the prior system, like they did for virtual console games on the Wii U for Wii VC owners.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what is upsetting, the games are still full-priced for the remaster. They should discount it if you can prove you've purchased it for the prior system, like they did for virtual console games on the Wii U for Wii VC owners.

so rent the game get discount return?

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
The WiiU was ultimately a lackluster console, and in part because of that Nintendo gave it their all to produce the most high quality titles they could. This lead to an unfortunate situation of a platform with many great first-party games that had no momentum behind it. Rather than let all that creative effort go to waste, I am happy to see Nintendo porting them over to a console with enough audience outreach to enjoy the games. In this way, they can boost the Switch with minimal effort. And if you don't like them, you don't buy them.

Last edited by Searinox,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm