Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The problem isn't that nintendo remasters the games, but that the switch has only 3 major exclusives so far (mario odyssey, xenoblade 2 and this rabbit game). They should focus on making new original content. 2-3 remakes a year are enough, especially for the price they have.
I guess that depends on what you consider "major" exclusives. Might as well add in other Nintendo-only games, such as Fire Emblem Warriors and BotW. They're not exclusive, but they're not on competitors' systems, and Switch is the best way to play them given the hybrid aspect.

You also forgot about ARMS, love it or hate it. So we're up to six exclusives if you don't include a dead system and a bad 3DS port. Nintendo is really the last option if you want a fair number of exclusives anyway, just about everything from PS4 gets ported to PC now.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: DarthDub

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I guess that depends on what you consider "major" exclusives. Might as well add in other Nintendo-only games, such as Fire Emblem Warriors and BotW. They're not exclusive, but they're not on competitors' systems, and Switch is the best way to play them given the hybrid aspect.

You also forgot about ARMS, love it or hate it. So we're up to six exclusives if you don't include a dead system and a bad 3DS port.
You can consider botw as a wii u game because it got developed for it and only ported after development was more or less completed. ARMS is not worth the 60€ they want to have and thus not major. Idk about fire emblem warriors.

Reactions: invaderyoyo

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You can consider botw as a wii u game because it got developed for it and only ported after development was more or less completed. ARMS is not worth the 60€ they want to have and thus not major. Idk about fire emblem warriors.
Meh, WiiU was dead by the time BotW released, it was pretty much recognized as Switch's big launch title. Switch > CEMU > WiiU in terms of actually playing it.

Fire Emblem Warriors was developed for Switch and then ported to 3DS, but the 3DS version is nearly unplayable because of how weak the system is.

Dork

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i kinda of feel bad for op, everyone in this thread is an insufferable loser, more sick upvotes for them i guess lol

anyways OP you kind of got your answer, the market has accepted remasters, keep this in mind before you invest in consoles and games because a better version might come out later. like the 3ds and new 3ds, even consoles get remasters LOL. let nintendo milk them dry.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Meh, WiiU was dead by the time BotW released, it was pretty much recognized as Switch's big launch title. Switch > CEMU > WiiU in terms of actually playing it.
So we had 3-4 true first party exclusives (I'm not counting BotW here since you can play it very well on wii u and the rabbit game is from ubisoft) and at least 4 first party ports from wii u. That is poor and I'm not even counting third party.
"Wii U was dead" is not an argument against it beeing a port.

Last edited by Technicmaster0,
Reactions: gameboy

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So we had 3-4 true first party exclusives (I'm not counting BotW here since you can play it very well on wii u and the rabbit game is from ubisoft) and at least 4 first party ports from wii u. That is poor and I'm not even counting third party.
"Wii U was dead" is not an argument against it beeing a port.
Whether WiiU was home to the initial code or not doesn't really matter, the game released simultaneously and ran better on Switch when it first released. Probably still does.

And the fact that WiiU was dead is the only reason we're discussing all this. There's very little overlap between the people buying ports now and the few people that bought those games on WiiU. It's foolish to believe that anyone is really buying them twice.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Whether WiiU was home to the initial code or not doesn't really matter, the game released simultaneously and ran better on Switch when it first released. Probably still does.

And the fact that WiiU was dead is the only reason we're discussing all this. There's very little overlap between the people buying ports now and the few people that bought those games on WiiU. It's foolish to believe that anyone is really buying them twice.
There are only one or two system selling switch games for wii u owners. The rest of the first party is just ports of games they have since years. And they have homebrew (+ piracy) on the latest system version. And they have virtual console. The switch performs very sad from that perspective.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
There are only one or two system selling switch games for wii u owners.
Which is again, a very niche group. WiiU is $80 used now, if that, but it's still a waste of money considering how far CEMU has come. Playing these games on Switch is a lot more tempting because of the hybrid aspect, which is why Switch outsold WiiU lifetime hardware sales in about a year.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You also forgot about ARMS, love it or hate it. So we're up to six exclusives if you don't include a dead system and a bad 3DS port. Nintendo is really the last option if you want a fair number of exclusives anyway, just about everything from PS4 gets ported to PC now.
Also Splatoon 2

Reactions: Xzi

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually no they don't, there are many great WiiU games that nobody got to play because WiiU was a failure. Having them on Switch makes the developpment of said games actually matter for them. You might have played these but we WiiU owners are not legion.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Actually no they don't, there are many great WiiU games that nobody got to play because WiiU was a failure. Having them on Switch makes the developpment of said games actually matter for them. You might have played these but we WiiU owners are not legion.
A lot of people think Switch is everything WiiU should've been. Apparently even Nintendo is on board with that idea to some extent.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't mind remakes as long as there are more new games than remakes. But the current rate is poor.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The problem isn't that nintendo remasters the games, but that the switch has only 3 major exclusives so far (mario odyssey, xenoblade 2 and this rabbit game). They should focus on making new original content. 2-3 remakes a year are enough, especially for the price they have.
You're forgetting Splatoon 2.
Also, the console isn't even a year old. They've been pretty good with releasing system sellers so far. None of that Wii Party, Wii Fit, Wii Music etc. crap that no one cares about. Every game they've released so far has been great, even if some of them are ports. Well, except Arms, but that's at least a new IP and it's good that they're trying to make something new, even if it doesn't necessarily turn out great.

Which is again, a very niche group. WiiU is $80 used now, if that, but it's still a waste of money considering how far CEMU has come. Playing these games on Switch is a lot more tempting because of the hybrid aspect, which is why Switch outsold WiiU lifetime hardware sales in about a year.
Not everyone has a high end gaming PC, and a Wii U is much cheaper than upgrading your CPU and possibly mobo/ram/GPU.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: Friendsxix

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not at all, the Switch exclusives might not be over the ratio of ports (from WiiU or other consoles like PS4 and XBOX ONE/or PS3 and Xbox 360) but the exclusives are in good quality: in under one year we've got Splatoon 2, Arms, Mario + Rabbids, Mario Odyssey, I would even put Zelda in the lot because it's really a switch game that was also available on WiiU rather than a port.

Now tell me that this is a weak selection when 2 of them were not only nominated for GOTY but were actual contenders, if Zelda hadn't won, Mario would have.

Now let's compare to lets say PS4, a typical year would feature how many impactful exclusive? 1 or 2, maybe three in a good year. last year it had Horizon Zero Dawn, the year before it had Uncharted 4, it has its share of ports and remasters too...

I really don't see grounds to complain about the Switch line up. Even moreso when we think it's in its first year. I mean PS4/XBOX ONE had what in their first year? BF4, Assassin's Black Flag, Call of Duty Ghosts? all PS3/Xbox 360 games, Xbox had Ryse as a launch exclusive and PS4 had Killzone and then Infamous in early 2014, they dind't have as good of a first year as the Switch had.

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You're forgetting Splatoon 2.
I heared that it's more or less a wii u remake.

Not at all, the Switch exclusives might not be over the ratio of ports (from WiiU or other consoles like PS4 and XBOX ONE/or PS3 and Xbox 360) but the exclusives are in good quality: in under one year we've got Splatoon 2, Arms, Mario + Rabbids, Mario Odyssey, I would even put Zelda in the lot because it's really a switch game that was also available on WiiU rather than a port.
BotW was developed for Wii U and then ported to switch. It obviously has to be counted as wii u title that is also avaible for switch and not the other way around. Arms is too weak for a 60€ game (compare BotW or odyssey with arms). Mario + Rabbids is a third party game.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I heared that it's more or less a wii u remake.

BotW was developed for Wii U and then ported to switch. It obviously has to be counted as wii u title that is also avaible for switch and not the other way around. Arms is too weak for a 60€ game (compare BotW or odyssey with arms). Mario + Rabbids is a third party game.
It's definitely not a remake. It's a new game, even if it's more of an incremental improvement rather than a new experience. It's no more of a remake than Super Mario Galaxy 2 was, or Super Mario 3D World. Or every New Super Mario Bros. game after the first.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fire Emblem Warriors was developed for Switch and then ported to 3DS, but the 3DS version is nearly unplayable because of how weak the system is.
I feel that the New3DS version isn't really a port, but rather a different game developed to be like the Switch version. They don't look exactly the same as compared to like Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii and New3DS and there are a few gameplay differences between both versions of Fire Emblem Warriors like the New3DS version having a second screen for mini-map and switching between units using touchscreen.

Also, the New3DS version plays just fine. It's not "nearly unplayable" at all. If you're thinking of Hyrule Warriors on a Normal 3DS, then that would make more sense.

Last edited by NyaakoXD,

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don't
look like you have a Switch, seems like you're only trying to find reasons to complains...

It's an incredible little console with great games, they're rolling out more content and 3rd party devs are releasing more content too, content that would have never been released on the Wii, WiiU... Their las Nintendo Direct Mini only showed that Nintendo is not slowing down, do you expect them to show blockbusters in January?

Anyway I still stand by my point, there really is no reason to complain about ports or anything.

I saw people complaining about the remasters on PS4 too, I mean many people had Xbox 360s before they got a PS4, these people are not gonna go and buy a PS3 to play these, they have a PS4 and want to play these great games too. If you already have the games released and don't want to buy them again, fine, don't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1