• Nah

Votes: 192 73.6%

• Total voters

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i kinda of feel bad for op, everyone in this thread is an insufferable loser, more sick upvotes for them i guess lol

anyways OP you kind of got your answer, the market has accepted remasters, keep this in mind before you invest in consoles and games because a better version might come out later. like the 3ds and new 3ds, even consoles get remasters LOL. let nintendo milk them dry.

If you always wait for the next big thing.. you'll end up with nothing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

because we're not going to get a Mario kart switch we're just stuck with Mario kart 8 again

That's a stupid leap of logic.

That's like Saying Sony won't get a Cliche of Us 2 because they ported Cliche of US 1. Which they -did- port to the PS4.

Or like saying you won't get a Uncharted 4 because they ported uncharted 1 2 and 3.

or PS4 getting a new Final Fantasy game because Final Fantasy 12 was Ported, or Final Fantasy Type 0.

You're leap of logic makes NO SENSE.

Especially when the Switch is already getting Bayonetta 3 while Bayonetta 1 and 2 are getting ported.

Death Stranding
Days Gone
Detroit become human
Spiderman
Last of us 2
Dissidia NT
Ghost of Tsuhima
God of war
Medevil
Yakuza 6

LOL 10 exclusive AAA games just off the top of my head and that is just 2018 not all previous years and all future years

stop it

Other than Xenoblade 2 Mario Odyssey and Mario Rabbits, what are the other exclusives? please list them for me.

Kirby Star Allies
Mario Tennis Aces
Fire Emblem
Project Octopath Traveler
No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again
Yoshi for Nintendo Switch

Dragon Marked For Death
SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy

There you go... And those are just the ones already announced. Lets not forget about all the Indie titles that are just as good as many of the "Triple A" titles.

because we're not going to get a Mario kart switch we're just stuck with Mario kart 8 again

Again.. Where the Eff does this stupid leap of logic come from?

Last edited by Tigran,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
But as a Wii U owner, it's also a slap to the faces of us loyal Nintendo consumers who have already bought the game for Wii U.
how is that a slap? preety much every game has a remaster nowadays if its famous enough, the best part for you is you dont need to buy it again so you save money lol.

what nonnintendo platform did mariokart and zelda go on? they added higher res on old game, or a remaster. they adding the extra titty to make it sell again, just ask Total Recall
there are alot of multigen games that were released on ps3,Ps4, xbox360/xbon1 noone of those are remasters... just cross gen games.

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesnt really bother me, I'm glad more people get to play the amazing games the wii u had, the only thing that would bother me but doesnt really is that the the ports schedule might as well be a drought for me because I won't be buying those games again cuz I can just play them on the wii u but again that really doesnt bother me bc as of now I have a huge backlog of 3ds/ds games I'm playing right now so whatever. but for people who bought the switch expecting new games that already played these games on the wii u I do see why they are saddened by this because they might not have a backlog of games to play and are experiencing a drought of new games rn

Last edited by Eddypikachu,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't mind remakes as long as there are more new games than remakes. But the current rate is poor.
how is it poor? explain to me how in 10 months the switch got more exclusives than sony and microsoft in 10 months? you realize 10 months is awfully short time lol

what do you want an AAA nintendo game in every month? that makes no sence, sony and microsoft basiacaly release 1 or 2 a year at best and you want nintendo to release 10 a year? lol

you got splatton 2,arms,xenoblades 2,mario rabbids,botw,odiseey.not to mention wiiu remasters that are also exclsuive games wich i havent included and they are new games for preety much everyone that never owned a wiiu and that is almost every gamer.

basicaly 6 exclusives on the switch in 10 months ...

show me sony or microsoft releasing 6 exclusives in 10 months just show me lol

Last edited by pedro702,

Enryx25

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Death Stranding
Days Gone
Detroit become human
Spiderman
Last of us 2
Dissidia NT
Ghost of Tsuhima
God of war
Medevil
Yakuza 6

LOL 10 exclusive AAA games just off the top of my head and that is just 2018 not all previous years and all future years
Dissidia NT isnt actually an exclusive. It's for arcade too.

Medievil isnt esclusive. It's a remake.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how is it poor? explain to me how in 10 months the switch got more exclusives than sony and microsoft in 10 months? you realize 10 months is awfully short time lol

what do you want an AAA nintendo game in every months? that makes no sence, sonny and microsfot basiacaly release 1 or 2 a year at best and you want nintendo to release 10 a year? lol

you got splatton 2,arms,xenoblades 2,mario rabbids,botw,odiseey.not to mention wiiu remasters that are also exclsuive games wich i havent included and they are new games for preety much everyone that never owned a wiiu and that is almost every gamer.

basicaly 6 exclsuives on the switch in 10 months ...

show me sony or microsoft releasing 6 exclsuives in 10 months just show me lol

He also forgot all the awsome Indies that other systems didn't get. Even though a lot of people don't consider Indie's real games... Which is just effing stupid.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
He also forgot all the awsome Indies that other systems didn't get. Even though a lot of people don't consider Indie's real games... Which is just effing stupid.
point is 10 months is a tiny time to make more than even 2 AAA titles, specialy on new consoles that the devs are still toying with for best performance.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
point is 10 months is a tiny time to make more than even 2 AAA titles, specialy on new consoles that the devs are still toying with for best performance.

Oh i agree... I just wanted to point out how people like to ignore Indies and some of them are much better than many AAA games. :)

katsup

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remastered games are just a thing with new consoles and every company does it for the last few generations. For example, I figured that Bayonetta (only Wii U game I didn't play) would be released on the Switch and sold my Wii U a few months before the Switch was released. Bayonetta and MK8, are the only Wii U re-masters I plan to buy. However, there are a couple of 3DS ports I'd buy if they were ever to come to the Switch.

I basically see these ports as being a way for the games to reach a wider audience. I only buy the ones that interest me and rarely will buy it again if I already played the original. They do hurt the resale value of the original released game, so I imagine collectors may be upset about these ports. I for one stopped collecting so that doesn't really affect me anymore.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Remastered games are just a thing with new consoles and every company does it for the last few generations. For example, I figured that Bayonetta (only Wii U game I didn't play) would be released on the Switch and sold my Wii U a few months before the Switch was released. Bayonetta and MK8, are the only Wii U re-masters I plan to buy. However, there are a couple of 3DS ports I'd buy if they were ever to come to the Switch.

I basically see these ports as being a way for the games to reach a wider audience. I only buy the ones that interest me and rarely will buy it again if I already played the original. They do hurt the resale value of the original released game, so I imagine collectors may be upset about these ports. I for one stopped collecting so that doesn't really affect me anymore.
The dawg in your avatar is SUCH A GOOD PUPPER :* :* :* G O O D B O Y E

Tell him that for me please? Also give him an obnoxious human hug for me? THANK YEW.

Last edited by Thirty3Three,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not even a year has gone by and Nintendo has remaster 4 WiiU games. First of Mario Kart 8, then Pokken Tournament so I’m like ok that’s fine and now in this direct I was expecting virtual console games finally being announced but no! More Remastered shit. Tropical freeze and Hyrule Warriors. Like WTF?! We just got hyrule warriors not even 2 years ago (3ds) Now we are getting it again for the 3rd time? The only difference being is that you have 2 new skins and a minor upscale same with tropical freeze you only get funky kong in this version. I didn’t even last 2 minutes in this direct cuz it was straight up shit. Instead on focusing on remasters just port them to the switch via virtual console simple. You didn’t need a definitive version to a game that had so much dlc. Honestly Nintendo, we are on a new console, a console that has literally 4 new games lol. BOTW, Odyssey, Arms and splatoon 2. You need to get your shit together.
no because the wii u had a bunch of great games that not a ton of people played because how little the console sold also theres that portability factor

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't mind these Wii U remasters if they were sold at $19.99 a pop. I don't think the Switch has enough juice to "emulate" (in the traditional sense) the Wii U so I can see where these re-releases would cover backwards compatibility. That said, the price for these are too damn high. I imagine when it comes to Wii on back to NES, the hardware should be able to emulate all of that decently so Nintendo isn't in any rush to push out games from those generations. Do we have a count of all Wii U exclusives? I'm curious as how how many Wii U games are not available on PC. This would serve the "Nintendo-Only" crowd well. Personally I game on PC, Android, Wii U and Switch. Most third party Wii U games can be found on PC. That just leaves all the first party stuff, and the few third party games I cant get on PC.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't mind these Wii U remasters if they were sold at $19.99 a pop. I don't think the Switch has enough juice to "emulate" (in the traditional sense) the Wii U so I can see where these re-releases would cover backwards compatibility. That said, the price for these are too damn high. I imagine when it comes to Wii on back to NES, the hardware should be able to emulate all of that decently so Nintendo isn't in any rush to push out games from those generations. Do we have a count of all Wii U exclusives? I'm curious as how how many Wii U games are not available on PC. This would serve the "Nintendo-Only" crowd well. Personally I game on PC, Android, Wii U and Switch. Most third party Wii U games can be found on PC. That just leaves all the first party stuff, and the few third party games I cant get on PC.
Can't see it emulating the Wii U. Also, why should they be 20, when games that were released for the PS3 years ago are released for 40-50 and even 60 dollars a pop? Doesn't really make sense.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't see it emulating the Wii U. Also, why should they be 20, when games that were released for the PS3 years ago are released for 40-50 and even 60 dollars a pop? Doesn't really make sense.

easy. These Wii U releases are NOT "HD enhancements". Maybe 60 is fine for you but for those of us that were loyal to Nintendo during the Wii U, we shouldn't be punished because other gamers were too stubborn to not buy these games the first time around. Adding additional content doesn't warrant a full price. You would never expect a GOTY edition to be sold at full price and these Wii U re-releases are basically GOTY versions.

Reactions: Eddypikachu

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.