upload_2017-10-15_1-39-56.png

Last edited by epicmartin7,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In plain english can someone translate? This means start working on a hack to load stuff before the normal OS boots or..?
Kind of. More it opens the ability to search for bootrom vulnerabilities (if one exists). Doesn't guarantee an exploit though.

epicmartin7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In plain english can someone translate? This means start working on a hack to load stuff before the normal OS boots or..?
TIL I believe it's the signing keys to Switch software and the OS AFAIK. Don't quote me that as I'm not 100% educated on the subject, but that's just something I vaguely remember. If any reswitched devs want to correct me on that, please do.

Also, what TheCyberQuake said makes sense too. So I'd take his word for it more than mine IMO.

Last edited by epicmartin7,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TIL I believe it's the signing keys to Switch software and the OS AFAIK. Don't quote me that as I'm not 100% educated on the subject, but that's just something I vaguely remember. If any reswitched devs want to correct me on that, please do.
No I'm pretty sure that's not what it is.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inb4 NXBootHax
Reswitched was very clear that they would not use *hax nomenclature because it's lazy. Frankly I agree. Other consoles get cool exploit names and 3ds was all just *hax. Kinda boring and doesn't sound as cool as giving it a clever name. Like pegaswitch playing off the name of the Pegasus exploit.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Reswitched was very clear that they would not use *hax nomenclature because it's lazy. Frankly I agree. Other consoles get cool exploit names and 3ds was all just *hax. Kinda boring and doesn't sound as cool as giving it a clever name. Like pegaswitch playing off the name of the Pegasus exploit.
I'm joking. In addition to that, I find the name irrelevant. Call it calcium, superhax, megahax, l33thax, that's not what matters.

Reactions: Masterwin

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I know. Just wanted to state it. Everyone knows the "*hax when" joke. See it all the time on devs Twitter posts.
It makes sense that people would call it hax when joking, so that the joke can actually make sense. It wouldn't be the same if I'd said "Inb4 <insert random name here>" instead of something that can be easily associated with, in the case of my post, NTRBootHax.

Reactions: pelago

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol