Nintendo Switch Firmware 3.0 Hacks Made Public

C7CkHQdXEAMQKe1.jpg

Team Reswitched has made their webkit exploit toolkit known as PegaSwitch available to the public! The newest version now supports up to firmware version 3.0, and comes with an Open Sourced SDK known as libtransistor so homebrew developers can get started on the console. They -even- released a Switch Homebrew emulator (they made it clear it will not emulate games) so you can debug and test homebrew without having to use the Switch every time!

With Switch homebrew still in it's infancy, don't expect anything crazy for a while still... but what an exciting time for the community!

:arrow:Check it out here!
:discuss:Discussion Here!

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to launch pegaswitch for the first time and I'm getting this error:

Code:
There was an issue setting up DNS: bind EADDRINUSE 0.0.0.0:53

Is it sayind that the address 0.0.0.0 is in use? Or is that the address it's giving me because some other address is in use?
0.0.0.0 is essentially the /dev/null of addresses. It doesn't exist, and doesn't resolve. It needs to be using 127.0.0.1, which is the localhost address. People tend to confuse 0.0.0.0 as the localhost address because it's typically used in the hosts file to effectively block a DNS or address. The difference is that when redirecting requests to 127.0.0.1, your system is still being queried and it attempts to process these requests, albeit failing to do so. When 0.0.0.0 is used, the requests instantly die and there's no resource usage. Note that you'll also have to run it as an administrator/root since it's trying to use port 53 (the common DNS port), and any port below 1000 requires elevated privileges to be used.

Last edited by Joom,

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing. Can anyone help me setup the PS4 emulator on my Switch?
First you have to install the windows 10 emulator on the switch, then within that emulator you have to install the PS4 emulator. You can download the PS4 emulator from Sony's website support.sony.org/ps4emu

You're welcome

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0.0.0.0 is essentially the /dev/null of addresses. It doesn't exist, and doesn't resolve. It needs to be using 127.0.0.1, which is the localhost address. People tend to confuse 0.0.0.0 as the localhost address because it's typically used in the hosts file to effectively block a DNS or address. The difference is that when redirecting requests to 127.0.0.1, your system is still being queried and it attempts to process these requests, albeit failing to do so. When 0.0.0.0 is used, the requests instantly die and there's no resource usage. Note that you'll also have to run it as an administrator/root since it's trying to use port 53 (the common DNS port), and any port below 1000 requires elevated privileges to be used.

Good info!

But how do I fix the problem? :P I run the command "sudo node script.js" from the terminal (macOS), so I know that I've got root privileges.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

MushGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, here's hoping homebrew like FW spoofers become available eventually, especially for games like Super Mario Odyssey.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Good info!

But how do I fix the problem? :P I run the command "sudo node script.js" from the terminal (macOS), so I know that I've got root privileges.
Modify the script so that it uses 127.0.0.1 instead.

Edit: From the looks of it you should be able to define your own address with the "host" argument.

Last edited by Joom,

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One could argue if you don't have enough disposable income for a second Switch, you probably shouldn't have the first one.

You should always have a few months of living expenses in case of emergencies.

No...? Most people can't justify to spend more money of another of something they already have? As much as I'd love like multiple consoles in each room of my apartment, I can't justify getting 3 different switch's, 3 different wii's, etc.

Reactions: Frysenberg

Frysenberg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No...? Most people can't justify to spend more money of another of something they already have? As much as I'd love like multiple consoles in each room of my apartment, I can't justify getting 3 different switch's, 3 different wii's, etc.

No argument there, but in the context of the conversation...

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I tried the --ip argument and still got the same error sadly.
Strange. I don't have it set up on my Mac (because I don't own a Switch) so I can't tell you much more other than what I can infer from the source code. There has to be a way to assign the proper address. I sincerely hope that this isn't an issue specific to macOS like I've seen with other stuff because developers like to assume that macOS is Linux. ¬_¬

Reactions: Agent Moose

calagan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I would argue that keeping a Switch sealed in the box is a decent long-term investment. Nintendo never lowers the prices of its hardware even if it completely fails like the Wii-U and once it's completely off the shelves, the value as a collector item will skyrocket. So basically, if these exploits don't lead to anything interesting, you still have this option.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo never lowers the prices of its hardware even if it completely fails like the Wii-U...

Nintendo, like its competitors, have always lowered the prices of it's hardware throughout a given consoles life span. Usually not as drastic a price drop as with Sony or Microsoft though.

zes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the --ip argument and still got the same error sadly.

Reads like you're running a dns server already, so when your script goes to run one it can't from the conflict. You should try to disable the dns server on your linux box (or mac or whatever you're using), then try to run your script. Do try running as superuser/root if you run into trouble after you are past the in-use problem, the earlier tip on non-privileged users not being able to bind on protected ports was a legit concern.

0.0.0.0 means it's binding on all interfaces, though, the earlier explanation was wrong (though creative, for sure.)

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys can keep in 3.0 and be miserable playing only a few games, I'll be playing Odyssey in the meantime B-)
Got a 2.2.0 Switch a month ago. Let's see... which +200hs game I still haven't finished?

Aaaa yeah, I think I'll do just fine playing Zelda for now.

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys can keep in 3.0 and be miserable playing only a few games, I'll be playing Odyssey in the meantime B-)

You guys and your salty comments were funny at first but it's getting a little tiring at this point. It's stupid to gloat about the fact that you updated because we can always update if we change our minds. You, on the other hand, can't go back.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got a 2.2.0 Switch a month ago. Let's see... which +200hs game I still haven't finished?

Aaaa yeah, I think I'll do just fine playing Zelda for now.

You might have to stretch that into a 2000 hour game :rolleyes:

There will be a long time until capable homebrew comes out, let alone a backup loader... Unless you buy two systems and keep one outdated it isn't worth it to wait 2 years for stable stuff to come out...

@DocAmes1980 It's funny cuz your comment comes off as way more salty than anything I said lol

Reactions: PolloDiablo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night