Hacking Nintendo switch has detachable internal memory-Team Xecutor

Don Jon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The eMMC NAND Flash chip is on a removable daughterboard. Nintendo presumably designed the Switch this way to make it easier for them to add more internal storage in the future for new retail revisions.
Question: Is it possible for Team Xecutor to use this for easy mod chip installation?

gfunyStmRsaaUp_q0sYE6Q.png

Last edited by Don Jon,
Reactions: leerpsp

Argonitious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why did you post a blurry screenshot of a teardown video instead of linking the video with a timestamp?

Taking a screenshot is just easier. IMHO

Anyway, I think it's interesting that the Switch uses a separate board for the internal storage. This is definitely against the norm for Nintendo.

Last edited by Argonitious,

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We all know the Switch uses a removable nand chip, it's known for a damn long time...

But we still have no clue if TX will simply sell a custom hacked nand chip that does it all or if it's a way harder thing to glitch the CPU or other crap that requires micro soldering...

Ps: I also can't wait to see what is the chip like so I can run and buy a Switch.

RedHunter

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Noobs always the best at clickbaiting :glare:

Btw TX said to reveal some stuff in the upcoming weeks but more than a week as passed. Come on TX if you're there say something!

machinoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how many times i get Jabaited on this forum because people don't know how to use tags and question marks in their titles.

Guess we will find out in the spring with what they are doing.
I think they know exactly how to word things to get us to take a peek. There are too many threads like this for it to be a coincidence at this point.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Noobs always the best at clickbaiting :glare:

Btw TX said to reveal some stuff in the upcoming weeks but more than a week as passed. Come on TX if you're there say something!
In the upcoming weeks.
It's been a little more than a week.

I think you see your own logic fail.

Sent from my F8331 via Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🛌