Hacking Nintendont Themes and Custom Mods

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm having a code dump everytime I try to boot up either MK GP or GP2.
I tested two other non Triforce games and those work fine.

They were working before, last time I played like three cups in GP2, but after that I started having that issue.
The code dump occurs right when the screen fades to black after selecting the game from the list.

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
Ok so I played the first three cups in GP2 and Nintendont still works fine. Maybe your save/memory card file is corrupted?
What settings did you apply in Nintendont? Maybe one of them causes the exception...
Does vanilla Nintendont or the other mod codedump aswell?

Last edited by send0r,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok so I played the first three cups in GP2 and Nintendont still works fine. Maybe your save/memory card file is corrupted?
What settings did you apply in Nintendont? Maybe one of them causes the exception...
Does vanilla Nintendont or the other mod codedump aswell?
I haven't tried with vanilla yet.
I have Wii U Widescreen, Force Progressive, Force Widescreen (the one that applies the GC Widescreen hacks) and Multi-mem (1019).
All others are set to default.

I will try disabling the memory card when I get home and test it like that.

Just to be sure, the mod should automatically create a separate save file for all of the Triforce titles right?
Even if I have 1019 multi memory card enabled?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I tried disabling the memory card emulation and then tried to boot MK GP2.
Still no luck. :/
I keep getting a DSI exception code dump.

Ill leave the image here in case it helps.
I'll try playing around with the settings to see what could be the issue.

Attachments

• IMG_20160912_165110.jpg
    IMG_20160912_165110.jpg
    446.1 KB · Views: 221

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I got code dumps when booting the game only when I had the loader dol somewhere other than SD:/apps/nintendont/

Reactions: ShadowOne333

JFalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
A tiny bit confused. Do I place my 640 X 480 in the Nintendont folder and how do I get my image to appear in my background?

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany

as far as i know emulation of triforce saves is always on (but I'm not 100% sure). Try to rename the savefile so nintendont creates a new one.
A tiny bit confused. Do I place my 640 X 480 in the Nintendont folder and how do I get my image to appear in my background?
Yes just place in nintendont folder. I don't know which mod you use but ones its in that folder and named correctly it appears as background. For Mr. Mysterio's Mod needs to be named either background.png or background.jpg. For mastermod it was NinBack.png i think

JFalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
as far as i know emulation of triforce saves is always on (but I'm not 100% sure). Try to rename the savefile so nintendont creates a new one.

Yes just place in nintendont folder. I don't know which mod you use but ones its in that folder and named correctly it appears as background. For Mr. Mysterio's Mod needs to be named either background.png or background.jpg. For mastermod it was NinBack.png i think
Thank you for responding and I appreciate the help :)

Reactions: send0r

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
r423 is out :)
this also fixes loading a background image from a custom path and shows "downloading" when downloading something in the update menu.
I also decided to use the method provided by official nintendont to only show the status of loading while not using a different loader like usbloadergx. If you want it reverted to get black immediatly after chosing a game just say and I'll do it ;)

AbdallahTerro

da KiNG
OP
Trophies
Website
ccabz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
ok
after taking a look at the new updates I only added this:
"-fixed a bug which made nintendont crash on startup with no FAT device found, now it will properly exit"
black boot is already there for loaders and working fine
Triforce arcade option might be added later (Might also require updating usb loaders)
I personally like the old patching stuff and totally fine keeping it as is

425 online

Last edited by AbdallahTerro,
Reactions: Troopage and send0r

JackBauerll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey guys. This mod is working in usb?I say that, because I try the last version(october) and gamecube games dont work(DSI exception),download theme work with previews themes but not with custom games themes,show: networking init,download custom themes 80/80,show missing themes and dont download nothing.To play GC games I am using the May version(build)so if download do not work,someone can up the custom games themes?that link on first page have not...or I dont see.Thanks guys,amazing work.

Darkworld92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Can't launch games through USB Loader GX since I updated to the latest mastermod version (v4.425) prior the update this never happened and I wonder why :(

JasonH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to share something and i didnt want to create a new post to talk about it.
I have tried many different forms of nintendont including the latest official version which uses nunchuck motion to use the vacuum in Luigis Mansion which is annoying even though it works. Ive also tried many of the newest nintendont Mastermod versions and none of them Autoboot even when i try to change the settings in the nintendont menu. The settings just revert back to default as if i never changed them in the first place.
The only Version that ive found to be fully functional is Nintendont Mastermod
version 3.333 which i happened to have tucked away in an old download of Wiiflow Masterpiece.
This verson and the latest official version are the only two that will Autoboot and work with both USBloadergx and Wiiflow.
I was wondering what could possibly be preventing nintendont from saving the settings?
Also if there was a way to change the control settings using a wiimote and nunchuck that would be something that would help also.
If not maybe this post might help someone else decide whether to repost nintendont Mastermod v3.333 so someone else with the same issues might benefit from it because it works flawlessly.

Last edited by JasonH,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1