Hacking Nintendont

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
most games just stright up crahs when using that forced mode if you have a decent collection just try them, and you can always force 480p and ntsc videomode wich might work, 480p is as good as it gets.
Very helpful.
Except not really; I just wanted to know "are there any technical reasons for not supporting PAL 50hz in progressive scan" not "what is this NTSC region gamer's misconceptions about stuff?"

Because it does work.
60hz is better, but some games don't support it.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Very helpful.
Except not really; I just wanted to know "are there any technical reasons for not supporting PAL 50hz in progressive scan" not "what is this NTSC region gamer's misconceptions about stuff?"

Because it does work.
60hz is better, but some games don't support it.
50hz cant be progressive, progressive needs 60hz to work you cannot have 50hz and 480p, that will crash the videomode.

Last edited by pedro702,

frankadank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
most games just stright up crahs when using that forced mode
What are the safe nintendont options to enable and just leave alone for maximum compatibility and to avoid the black screen of death?
I also was having a hard time trying to find out what force and force deflicker do.

Edit: By the way can someone help me, I cannot get gamecube injects to run at all as I always get the black screen. Im not sure what I did to mess it up as it was working before, on my nintendont config settings I only have wii u widescreen turned on. My wii injects boot and run fine.

Thanks

Last edited by frankadank,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What are the safe nintendont options to enable and just leave alone for maximum compatibility and to avoid the black screen of death?
I also was having a hard time trying to find out what force and force deflicker do.

Edit: By the way can someone help me, I cannot get gamecube injects to run at all as I always get the black screen. Im not sure what I did to mess it up as it was working before, on my nintendont config settings I only have wii u widescreen turned on. My wii injects boot and run fine.

Thanks
settings for perfect compat everything off or auto
mc emu can be on or off it only doesnt work on street racing syndicate
wiiu widescreen can be on or off doesnt affect compat either

every other setting being off or auto or 0 works for perfect compat
force widescreem(not wiiu)
forced videomodes any
forced progressive
log
oseport
width
center screen
cheats

can all affect compat

also make sure all your isos are full 1.35gb isos MD& hecked with redump for perfect compat.

Reactions: frankadank

Rockmaniac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quoting a very old post hoping for a re-up of this cheat file for Mega Man Anniversary Collection that @FIX94 so kindly provided back in 2014 - my computer crashed so I lost the gct file and am looking to revive the game for my wii u - anyone able to help out? It worked perfectly remapping the 2 buttons for ONLY that game. And Fix's old link is long dead sadly...

Thanks in advance folks.

Well there we go:
-32-bit aligning the addresses of ARStartDMA, this will fix the background music in megaman collection
-added a hardcoded fix for the too fast videos in megaman collection
-cleaned up FakeInterrupt

Also for anybody trying it out now and getting angry at A being shoot and B being jump, I wrote a cheat file a bit ago to reverse that order:
http://fix94.no-ip.org/G6QE08.gct

frankadank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
settings for perfect compat everything off

Thanks for the help Ill just leave everything off other than the wii u widescreen.

Btw any idea how to fix my problem with gamecube injects black screening after launching? I had quite a few of them working as of last week then they stopped working after I installed homebrew channel on vwii.

ViggyTheBear

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a total noob to Nintendont and Wii U softmodding. I recently installed the Nintendont Forwarder (Wii U VC Inject) from WiiU USB Helper and used the loader.dol provided in the game's description. I can load games from the SD card but I can't seem to use USB as it gives me the error: "USB FAT device could not be opened." The USB device is configured as OP instructs. Sometimes, the A and B button functions on the gamepad switch randomly in-game. Did I set up something incorrectly? The console is on 5.5.2 with CBHC.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Quoting a very old post hoping for a re-up of this cheat file for Mega Man Anniversary Collection that @FIX94 so kindly provided back in 2014 - my computer crashed so I lost the gct file and am looking to revive the game for my wii u - anyone able to help out? It worked perfectly remapping the 2 buttons for ONLY that game. And Fix's old link is long dead sadly...
I think this was the right file:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2jk0tfrjralx8yq/G6QE08.gct

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm a total noob to Nintendont and Wii U softmodding. I recently installed the Nintendont Forwarder (Wii U VC Inject) from WiiU USB Helper and used the loader.dol provided in the game's description. I can load games from the SD card but I can't seem to use USB as it gives me the error: "USB FAT device could not be opened." The USB device is configured as OP instructs. Sometimes, the A and B button functions on the gamepad switch randomly in-game. Did I set up something incorrectly? The console is on 5.5.2 with CBHC.
you cannot use usb with fat32 when using wiiuvc injection, you either isntall individual games on wiiu usb formated hdd or use sd card.

Thanks for the help Ill just leave everything off other than the wii u widescreen.

Btw any idea how to fix my problem with gamecube injects black screening after launching? I had quite a few of them working as of last week then they stopped working after I installed homebrew channel on vwii.
do you have the correct path and naming?

sd:apps/nintendont/boot.dol
sd:games/anyname/game.iso

Reactions: ViggyTheBear

x_sh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone was wondering (like me), the official sony usb wireless adapter for DS4 works if you make a proper config file for it (HWID: 054C_0BA0), I was able to play some Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 with wireless controls earlier today and that is awesome!
Buying a bluetooth adapter for a bluetooth-equipped console is not awesome, however, I don't have the sufficient skills to implement native DS4 pairing with nintendont (there is a library for that circling the net, but I know next to nothing as to how it actually works so I'm going to stop here).
I did get it for my PC mostly, after all, and if anyone else has got one in their posession - it can be quite a convenience. I tried this on my Wii, not vWii, but I don't think there should be any differences whatsoever.

Reactions: DarthDub

Doctorj1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a way to change the deadzone on a wii u gamepad controller when I have it injected into a vc title? My gamepad's left stick constantly tilts up slightly so it's a bit confusing to play Smash Bros Melee

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's the button combo to return to game list within nintendont? I can't figure it out and i'm using the gamepad.

Unless it's been changed you can't return to the Nintendont menu once a game starts. You exit the game/Nintendont and relaunch it or return to a regular loader.

frankadank

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have the correct path and naming?

sd:apps/nintendont/boot.dol
sd:games/anyname/game.iso

I have the boot.dol path and naming.
I do not have the the games and games.iso pathing as these gamecube games are injects launched from the wii u menu. Whats strange is gamecube injects were working fine for a long time and the wii injects still work. Is there anything else I can check or do?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I have the boot.dol path and naming.
I do not have the the games and games.iso pathing as these gamecube games are injects launched from the wii u menu. Whats strange is gamecube injects were working fine for a long time and the wii injects still work. Is there anything else I can check or do?
what exactly happens?

you may have a corrupt boot.dol(redownload) or a corrupt ninconfig.bin on sd card just delete those 2 redownload the boot dol and make a new ninconfig.bin.

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I still can't quite get the Nintendont forwarder to work. Nintendont works if I launch the HBL2HBC and then launch it from there. The forwarder boots to Wii mode and then I just get a black screen.

From digging it seems that I need a specific boot.dol file. Anybody know where I could find it?

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I still can't quite get the Nintendont forwarder to work. Nintendont works if I launch the HBL2HBC and then launch it from there. The forwarder boots to Wii mode and then I just get a black screen.

From digging it seems that I need a specific boot.dol file. Anybody know where I could find it?
what you mean fowarder? wiiu vc inject version? if so you need the latest boot dol on sd card and games on sd card and everything with correct naming.

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
what you mean fowarder? wiiu vc inject version? if so you need the latest boot dol on sd card and games on sd card and everything with correct naming.
Yeah the WiiU vc inject forwarder. I *think* I have the correct naming. sd:/apps/nintendont/boot.dol
Downloaded the lastest loader.dol from github (renamed it to boot.dol). Deleted all the other files on /apps/nintendont after it didn't boot as well (meta.xml and icon.png namely).

I read that if you boot up vWii mode, exit it from it, then launch Haxchi and then the Forwarder, it'll work. I tried that and it does work, but it's way too cumbersome. The poster suggested that a Wiiu VC injected homebrew channel was an ok compromise since you could boot nintendon't using the gamepad, but sadly he removed the link to it.

it's a bit frustrating...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"