Hacking Nintendont

JacobM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the WiiU vc inject forwarder. I *think* I have the correct naming. sd:/apps/nintendont/boot.dol
Downloaded the lastest loader.dol from github (renamed it to boot.dol). Deleted all the other files on /apps/nintendont after it didn't boot as well (meta.xml and icon.png namely).

I read that if you boot up vWii mode, exit it from it, then launch Haxchi and then the Forwarder, it'll work. I tried that and it does work, but it's way too cumbersome. The poster suggested that a Wiiu VC injected homebrew channel was an ok compromise since you could boot nintendon't using the gamepad, but sadly he removed the link to it.

it's a bit frustrating...

Do you have any USB devices plugged in? Try removing them all. You can also try adding an HID device. Someone here claimed adding an HID device resolved their black screen issue.

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Do you have any USB devices plugged in? Try removing them all. You can also try adding an HID device. Someone here claimed adding an HID device resolved their black screen issue.
I did have USB devices, but even without them, it won't boot. What is a HID device and how do I add one?

JacobM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your USB controller must be compatible with the "USB-HID" standard to work with Nintendont.
Not all USB controllers follow this standard so you will have to test your own controller to see if it works.

USB-HID controllers button mapping can be customized if needed.
By default, Nintendont will try to find your controller's button mapping from an internal list of existing controllers.

Already compatible USB-HID controllers
The following USB-HID gamepads and adapters are working and included in Nintendont:
  • PS2 Dual shock
  • PS3 Dual shock/Sixaxis
  • PS4 Controller
  • Logitech Rumble Gamepad F510
  • Trio Linker v1 (GC, DC, PS)
  • Official WiiU GameCube Controller Adapter [WUP-028] - Supports 4 players and rumble on Wii and WiiU. Supports Gamecube controller, Wavebird, Dance mat, bongo, probably all official controllers too.
  • All third parties Wii U GameCube Controller Adapter clones
  • Mayflash Wii Classic Controller to USB adapter for PC [PC052] (Multiplayer support!)
  • Mayflash Wii Classic Controller to USB Adapter [PC045] (Multiplayer support!)
  • Mayflash Wireless Wii U Pro Controller Adapter [W009] (Multiplayer support! L/R analog are not working because WiiU Pro lacks analog shoulder buttons)
  • Mayflash 3 in 1 Magic Joy Box adapter [PC035](only GameCube and PS/PS2 ports. The Xbox controller doesn't work).
  • Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 Joystick
  • Hori Real Arcade Pro 3 SA
  • CronusMax adapter (for Xbox 360 wired controller)
  • CronusMax adapter + Xbox360 PC adapter (for Xbox 360 wireless controller)
  • Standard/commonly used USB-HID controller.
  • and more...

More info about HID controllers in the first post!​

Last edited by JacobM,

Walo

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I connected my PS3 pad by going through the HBL2HBC method and upon resetting the forwarder still won't work. In between, I tried launching it without realizing my SD card was on the PC and it gave me a "boot.dol file could not be found".
The version I'm using is v5.480 (Wii U) Nov 27 2017 build. Firmware 58.25.32 (not sure what this is). This is the last version right? Sigh.. I had a false surprise since it did work after launching it through the HBL2HBC but after turning the system off it once again gave me the black screen hard lock.

At this point, I'd be content with just the HBC Forwarder injected to Wii VC, which I read at least bypasses the problem with the Nintendont forwarder.

Edit: When you launch it via the Forwarder. The loader version changes to v5.480 (Wii VC) and Firmware 255.255.255 Maybe it's a Forwarder Issue?

Last edited by Walo,

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Need a little help with nintendont. All was working fine but as of now my son is trying to play Disney’s magical mirror and it freezes with a green screen at the same part. This is on the vwii btw. After the freeze the I have to hold the power button down and reset the vwii. Any help would be appreciated. Nintendont used to work fine I’m wondering if the latest update might have something to do with this.

Kontrarian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to change Nintendont settings without going into vWii?
Specifically enabling MCemu.
I have not hacked the vWii side of my Wii U but I have injected Gamecube games in VC so I can play them from my Wii U formatted HDD.
Problem is that I can't save with the games because they are looking for a physical memory card.
I looked in the Nintendont folder and didn't see any config or ini to work with.
Any help is appreciated!

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to change Nintendont settings without going into vWii?
Specifically enabling MCemu.
I have not hacked the vWii side of my Wii U but I have injected Gamecube games in VC so I can play them from my Wii U formatted HDD.
Problem is that I can't save with the games because they are looking for a physical memory card.
I looked in the Nintendont folder and didn't see any config or ini to work with.
Any help is appreciated!
You have to use a nincfg.bin editor that's floating on this thread:

https://github.com/libertyernie/NinCFGEditor/releases

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Need a little help with nintendont. All was working fine but as of now my son is trying to play Disney’s magical mirror and it freezes with a green screen at the same part. This is on the vwii btw. After the freeze the I have to hold the power button down and reset the vwii. Any help would be appreciated. Nintendont used to work fine I’m wondering if the latest update might have something to do with this.
could be an option that is toogled that crashes the game, tell all your nintendont options and i mean all or take a picture of them

Kontrarian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the quick reply!
I downloaded that program and followed it's instructions but no luck.
I found a solution though.
I injected a GCN game and disabled auto boot, which allowed me to change settings to Nintendont before the game launched.
That created a new nincfg.bin which all the other games use now as well.

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So this only happens with the Disney's magical mirror game. I tried downloading the game from a different source and tried the game in different formats (iso and disc ex). it freezes at the same part over and over again. Very strange to say the least.

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• IMG_7196.jpg
    IMG_7196.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 247
  • IMG_7197.jpg
    IMG_7197.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_7198.jpg
    IMG_7198.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_7199.jpg
    IMG_7199.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 221

hunter26

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anybodys know if it will be possible to play with the new Mario Kart GP DX dump leak, near the future with Nintendont ?

Sorry for my english

Thanks

DaTank45

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
disable force progressive and force widescreen on nintendont itself and try to launch the game directly using nintendont instead of using usbbloader and try it.
thanks for getting back to me on this. I tried changing those settings you recommended and running nintendont directly through homebrew and the game freezes at the exact same part. This has me baffled lol. The game starts and plays fine but when you get to a certain part it just freezes and goes to a green screen.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
thanks for getting back to me on this. I tried changing those settings you recommended and running nintendont directly through homebrew and the game freezes at the exact same part. This has me baffled lol. The game starts and plays fine but when you get to a certain part it just freezes and goes to a green screen.
get me your save file, also you are sure you got a md5 checked iso and not something badly shrunked? just check the iso md5 and post your savefle here with instructions on how to get to the said crash.

Reactions: DaTank45

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: There is an actual trailer with footage too. lol. Going to watch it tonight. Grabbed it from...