NIS America announces upcoming press event

NISA-Press-Event-2018_01-04-18.jpg

Localization company NIS America will be hosting their yearly press event on February 9, 2018, where they plan to have "new announcements" and "special guests", throughout a livestream. It's not known nor rumored what they plan to reveal, but last year's event had announcements such as Ys VIII, RPG Maker Fes, Disgaea 5 Complete, and 9 other titles. Stay tuned, as GBAtemp will cover the conference when it goes live next month.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
As a consumer, exclusivity shouldn't be encouraged.
But as a company, it should be. Look at the Xbox One. How many people are running out to grab one? Nobody, because there's hardly exclusives. And if you think, well if they didn't fight for exclusivity, then companies could focus on QoL or OS improvements, but I doubt it, seeing as both Microsoft and Sony have very awkward home menus with ADS IN THEM. If there were no exclusives, then it'd just come down to 3 relatively similar pieces of computer shoved into a box that all function the same and play the same games.

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
As a consumer, exclusivity shouldn't be encouraged.
I know what you mean, but what makes me mad is that after the close relationship they had with sony they are now announcing their switch games big time while adding a "oh, and also on ps4/vita" at the end, that's kind of dishonorable of their part.
These are business and all, but I feel like if they are trying to under market their sony releases to increase their switch sales and escape of playstation as soon as possible or something without even realizing that they are also abandoning customers because the vast majority of the people that buy their games have a sony console because is the de-facto weeb platform.
So, I feel betrayed.

Last edited by Sakitoshi, , Reason: typos

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
once again, i think they are good, but it seems thats only the case in small projects and main NIS developed games, i think those localizations are fantastic, but yes, i think they didnt put any effort on Ys 8, which makes falcom's betreyal of xseed even worse, but i dont think that because of one bad apple the whole tree has to go
It's not one bad apple. If you have a project and you take a shit on it because it's not your main focus, even when you don't have other projects going on, you deserve to be booted, and so does everyone who looked at that and gave it a thumbs-up. No two ways about it. You're paid to do a job, so either you do it to the best of your ability or you get replaced by someone who at least pretends to give a shit.

When you come up with garbage like "Shivering Vase" or "Archaeozoic Big Hole" (the latter of which already had a better English translation in the original Japanese version), you're not in line for second chances, especially when you're clearly not meeting previously held standards.

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It's not one bad apple. If you have a project and you take a shit on it because it's not your main focus, even when you don't have other projects going on, you deserve to be booted, and so does everyone who looked at that and gave it a thumbs-up. No two ways about it. You're paid to do a job, so either you do it to the best of your ability or you get replaced by someone who at least pretends to give a shit.

When you come up with garbage like "Shivering Vase" or "Archaeozoic Big Hole" (the latter of which already had a better English translation in the original Japanese version), you're not in line for second chances, especially when you're clearly not meeting previously held standards.
im not denying they fucked up big time, but A: they did have a ton of other projects, most of them small releases with a ton of text like cladun 3 and B: people dont deserve to be fired because of one fuck up that they are willing to fix for free

AbyssalMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
im not denying they fucked up big time, but A: they did have a ton of other projects, most of them small releases with a ton of text like cladun 3 and B: people dont deserve to be fired because of one fuck up that they are willing to fix for free
"For free" is for the consumer, not the company. This stunt has made people doubt the company's future and past translations even more than they already would have. It's just as bad on the business side of things, other companies aren't going to want to go to NISA unless they absolutely must.

When dealing with any facet of life, communication is key, and NISA needs a new communications team.

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
"For free" is for the consumer, not the company. This stunt has made people doubt the company's future and past translations even more than they already would have. It's just as bad on the business side of things, other companies aren't going to want to go to NISA unless they absolutely must.

When dealing with any facet of life, communication is key, and NISA needs a new communications team.
now that i can agree with, the situation was handled like shit.

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
But as a company, it should be. Look at the Xbox One. How many people are running out to grab one? Nobody, because there's hardly exclusives. And if you think, well if they didn't fight for exclusivity, then companies could focus on QoL or OS improvements, but I doubt it, seeing as both Microsoft and Sony have very awkward home menus with ADS IN THEM. If there were no exclusives, then it'd just come down to 3 relatively similar pieces of computer shoved into a box that all function the same and play the same games.
Yeah but we shouldn't care about companies business, we're just gamers that play games lol. It just bothers me when people say " I'm glad X game is not coming to X platform " . Sounds so alienating to me.

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I know what you mean, but what makes me mad is that after the close relationship they had with sony they are now announcing their switch games big time while adding a "oh, and also on ps4/vita" at the end, that's kind of dishonorable of their part.
These are business and all, but I feel like if they are trying to under market their sony releases to increase their switch sales and escape of playstation as soon as possible or something without even realizing that they are also abandoning customers because the vast majority of the people that buy their games have a sony console because is the de-facto weeb platform.
So, I feel betrayed.
Oh, shit like this happen all the time and it not necessary a bad thing. I mean, did you remember when Capcom jump Megaman X from snes to ps2? Or when they jump back on Nintendo bandwagon with Monster Hunter just to stab them in the back with Monster Hunter World? And don't let me start with Final Fantasy.

Point is third party jump ship all the time and it could gone smooth or gone sour but in the end it doesn't matter.

Itachi_hoshigaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, Im just crossing my fingers and hoping ports of more Disgaea games on PC. I was really disappointed with Disgaea PC though :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So, I feel betrayed.

Me being a Nintendo fanboy, I really never got to play any Disgaea games due to these games not being on any Nintendo console. The first time I played Disgaea was on my Brother's PSP, and I fell in love with it. After that, Disgaea DS came out and I was freaking happy it did. That being said, I am really happy to see Disgaea expand to more console, especially Nintendo consoles.

Reactions: DarthDub

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I was really disappointed with Disgaea PC though :(
Disappointed how??
Disgaea (and 2) PC are perfect. Sure at first there were some problems, but all those were ironed out and now is the best way to experience the game.

Reactions: Itachi_hoshigaki

Itachi_hoshigaki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disappointed how??
Disgaea (and 2) PC are perfect. Sure at first there were some problems, but all those were ironed out and now is the best way to experience the game.

Disgaea 2 PC is a freaking masterpiece. I love playing with Gig and Dark Eclair. But Disgaea PC for some reason has been giving me problems since day 1. Low FPS, Game crashes from time to time, and I really wanted the option for the character to move faster in this game, just like in the DS version. Until this very day Disgaea PC runs at 49-53 fps, which I really hate >:(

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hmm, I hope they'll announce something really nice on my birthday then!:D Eventhough I don't like their EU online store, maybe it'll be about new Neptune/Disgaea or Neptune/Disgaeae or entire new game remaster/port or improvement to their British *cough* "European" *cough* store. Awwww man, I'm already totally hyped for many games this year even have long wishlist of still to buys. This is going to be torture for my poor wallet.;_;

Last edited by Angely,
Reactions: Itachi_hoshigaki

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"