Hardware NNID Ban affect to Nintendo Account?

nachuz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I want to link my NNID to my Nintendo account, but i have it eShop banned, if i link it, i will have the eShop banned on the Nintendo Switch too? just account or the console?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to link my NNID to my Nintendo account, but i have it eShop banned, if i link it, i will have the eShop banned on the Nintendo Switch too? just account or the console?
I'd suggest making a totally new account

pandavova

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
e-shop banned? Never heard of it. Are you telling me that they won't even allow you to PAY for a game?

Yea, Ninty... that's how you combat piracy :rolleyes:
You got this from the Pokemon Sun/Moon Ban.
Yeah, we really cant use the Eshop xD
But with a other Friendcode file, we can play online.

And the "Eshop-Ban" is unfixable xD

Edit: I wrote Nintendo a Email, i will post the result later.

Last edited by pandavova,

pandavova

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, i got this:
fMydulz.png
Dear,

Thank you for contacting Nintendo.

You can only use your Nintendo account on the Nintendo Switch.

The Nintendo account is, however, not the same as the Nintendo Network ID, which you use on the 3DS family systems. These can only be linked to your Nintendo account, so you can use the credit from the Nintendo eShop also on the Nintendo Switch.

If you are using only one Nintendo Network ID, please create the Nintendo account under this link.
So yeah, everything is fine.
(Btw, i dont know why they told me to do a Nintendo Account, I already have one.)

Last edited by pandavova,

nachuz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Well, i got this:

So yeah, everything is fine.
(Btw, i dont know why they told me to do a Nintendo Account, I already have one.)

So, i can link my NNID and i will didn't get banned

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

?

pandavova

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, i can link my NNID and i will didn't get banned?
yes, thats the deal

Can’t you use the eshop on every other console too? Or just on the console you’re banned on?
Well, if you have a Pkmn Sun/Moon ban, you get a perm. ban on the eshop and the online features on your 3DS. The eshop ban is not removable, the online ban is.
Thats why i asked Nintendo.

johndoegba

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes, thats the deal

Well, if you have a Pkmn Sun/Moon ban, you get a perm. ban on the eshop and the online features on your 3DS. The eshop ban is not removable, the online ban is.
Thats why i asked Nintendo.

I played Sun and Moon. But my 3DS doesn’t have my NNID linked. My CBHC Wii U has.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I linked my NNID back on launch night (which was banned from the Pokemon Sun/Moon ban wave) with no issues so far. My Wii U also works fine despite being on the same NNID as the 3DS was.

plushifoxed

I wanna talk more about kawaii stuff!
Trophies
Website
roxie.nyc
XP
Country
United States
I've had my 3DS-eShop-banned NNID (from the Sun/Moon banwave) linked to my Nintendo Account since the day Nintendo Accounts became a thing and haven't had a single issue. The 3DS Friends section on the Switch's friend suggestion section even functions just fine, and has kept up-to-date with friends I've added on 3DS but not Switch, despite me unlinking my NNID on the 3DS.

Tzuba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't be paranoid. It doesn't effect any other console. I was banned during the Sun and Moon release and my WiiU was connected to the same nnid. Nothing ever happened. Even had my Switch since day 1 and linked the same NNID to it and nothing has happen in the half a year it has been out. I don't think they care

nachuz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Don't be paranoid. It doesn't effect any other console. I was banned during the Sun and Moon release and my WiiU was connected to the same nnid. Nothing ever happened. Even had my Switch since day 1 and linked the same NNID to it and nothing has happen in the half a year it has been out. I don't think they care
I got banned from 3DS and i also got banned on the Wii U
i dont get eshop banned because of the sun moon wave, i got banned because of buying illegal codes in facebook

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :D