Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
weird, i navigated to storage_mlc /sys and then when i open the update folder there is nothing in it.

Really weird. The update may have been moved to another place. I suggest you to ask for help to the guide's author, since that person knows more than me on that.

I used FlimFlam's guide up to and including step 5. CBHC. Redid my connection when I got a new router but didn't block anything. Still on FW 99.99.99U

Try this guide before be too late and 5.5.2 be moved away from update folder to another unknow (by me) folder/path: https://gbatemp.net/threads/block-wii-u-system-updates-without-dns-blocking.477944/

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
okay so we can all confirm that users with CBHC on 5.5.1 will lose it if they update to 5.5.2?

Will not lose it, since only brower exploit was confirmed to be patched.

Really, only update to 5.5.2 if you are giving up about using hacks in your Wii U, or just stay on 5.5.1, use nnupatcher to access eShop on it, delete update folder (using this method: https://gbatemp.net/threads/block-wii-u-system-updates-without-dns-blocking.477944/) to avoid any risk and, if an update error block your new bough game download (or redownload a game that you bough already), just go to download manager and press the button that allow delete it and continue your download or, if that don't work, just reboot your Wii U (by turning it off and on) and redo the download manager steps i just wrote here.

I'll only update my Wii U to 5.5.2 when i give up about hacking it, until that comes, i'll keep my Wii U on 5.5.1.

rickwj324

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I modded my wii-u months ago and it works great. I've been contemplating picking up a second Wii-U console and want to know if I would be able to mod it following any specific tutorial or is the 5.5.2 release preventing us from modding any wii-u's until there's a workaround?

Last edited by rickwj324,

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I modded my wii-u months ago and it works great. I've been contemplating picking up a second Wii-U console and want to know if I would be able to mod it following any specific tutorial or is the 5.5.2 release preventing us from modding any wii-u's until there's a workaround?

Im on 5.5.1 with haxchi installed, so its sfaee up update to 5.5.2? If so, how??

I hope that you didn't spoof it to 5.5.2..if you did, you are doomed and won't be able to update to 'normal' 5.5.2.

But, my Wii U is still on 5.5.1, since games can access online without the need of Wii U be on the latest update and, if i need eShop access, i can just use nnupatcher. Also, if i need to download a game that i bough or an update for one of them and a failed system update stops it, i just have to reboot my Wii U ( and if the failed system update is still there, i can just delete it before or after the reboot) and the game or game's update download will continue until done. =]

Last edited by Perfect One,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope that you didn't spoof it to 5.5.2..if you did, you are doomed and won't be able to update to 'normal' 5.5.2.

But, my Wii U is still on 5.5.1, since games can access online without the need of Wii U be on the latest update and, if i need eShop access, i can just use nnupatcher. Also, if i need to download a game that i bough or an update for one of them and a failed system update stops it, i just have to reboot my Wii U ( and if the failed system update is still there, i can just delete it before or after the reboot) and the game or game's update download will continue until done. =]

spoofing doesn't affect being able to update. u can update normally without issue.

Perfect One

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
spoofing doesn't affect being able to update. u can update normally without issue.

Curious, since i had read before, somewhere in gbatemp, that a guy was having trouble to update from spoofed 5.5.2 (that is 5.5.1 for real) to real 5.5.2 and who replied said that he was dommed and other stuff like that.

So, if is true or not, can be checked when try to update and see if is possible or not in a spoofed system.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all spoofing does is replaces the version.bin file which is what the legit update will do. when the system sees titles that r out-of-date, it will try to forcibly update them. not sure what that person's issue was, but he should be able to update if spoofed. I was spoofed to 5.5.1 on 5.3.2, and I had no issues updating. :)

Reactions: Perfect One

Samael6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, this is all completely new to me. I just got my first wiiu today and have spent the greater part of my day researching and trying to understand this complicated mess. Im quite savey when it comes to hacking and exploiting whatever, but i need to wrap my head around this and nothing is working... First off
Im running 2.2.5, i understand this is a new pain in the ass update.. Do i have to have haxchi for wiiu games? From my understanding its just for gb games? What about emulators for nes, snes, gamecube? Do i need haxchi for those as well? I followed the flow chart, and there was a browser alternative but its all so wonkey, how do i get system info for a restore incase i mess things up? I really wanna avoid haxchi if at all possible for now because i cant buy a 7 dollar game right now... Seems cheap but 2 kids and a lay off is kicking my ass. Anyways. I just wanna run homebrew, download some games and habe fun. Idc about gameboy games. More interested in the consaole games. More specifically wii u, wii, and game cube.. Going back further would be good too, but idc about the hand held systems. Anyways if you guys could dumb it down a little more so i can stop researching and start playing, that would be fantastic. Trying to play it safe.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
use 5.5.1 if you don't need to update. though, you'll need NNU Patcher to access eshop.
update to 5.5.2 if you already have haxchi or cbhc installed, if you want.

all hombrew and games are working the same way on both versions. you don't need 5.5.2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hello @realtimesave.