Hacking NOOB PARADISE - ask away

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can remove the Nintendo channels from your emuNAND. They're shut down anyway. d2x's emulated NAND doesn't use the IOSes in the dumpe, either, but they're pretty small so there's not much reason to remove them.

NAND save emulation is for disc-based games. NAND channel emulation is for WW/VC.

yellowsnow4free

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can remove the Nintendo channels from your emuNAND. They're shut down anyway. d2x's emulated NAND doesn't use the IOSes in the dumpe, either, but they're pretty small so there's not much reason to remove them.

NAND save emulation is for disc-based games. NAND channel emulation is for WW/VC.
Thanks for the reply GreyWolf!

Sounds like I don't need to redump my NAND, my VC game saves should be setup correctly, and I can remove the unwanted channels from my emuNAND (I'll just remove the unwanted ones that show up in USB Loader GX).

So where should I start with NEEK / SNEEK / UNEEK / NEEK2O ? Looks like the most recommended "easy" way to get started is via ModMii? I'm not exactly sure where to start here, and how it will affect my current setup.

Update:

Did some more Googling and found this link; sounds like what I want, correct?

Also, I didn't delete anything from my emuNAND; instead I just hid the unwanted channels from my USB Loader GX list.

Will I need to redump a NAND for NEEK? I was reading that NEEK uses everything from the NAND, but instead of a cIOS it uses unmodified IOSes. My NAND backups are all using d2x IOSes...

Thanks!

Last edited by yellowsnow4free,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply GreyWolf!

Sounds like I don't need to redump my NAND, my VC game saves should be setup correctly, and I can remove the unwanted channels from my emuNAND (I'll just remove the unwanted ones that show up in USB Loader GX).

So where should I start with NEEK / SNEEK / UNEEK / NEEK2O ? Looks like the most recommended "easy" way to get started is via ModMii? I'm not exactly sure where to start here, and how it will affect my current setup.

Update:

Did some more Googling and found this link; sounds like what I want, correct?

Also, I didn't delete anything from my emuNAND; instead I just hid the unwanted channels from my USB Loader GX list.

Will I need to redump a NAND for NEEK? I was reading that NEEK uses everything from the NAND, but instead of a cIOS it uses unmodified IOSes. My NAND backups are all using d2x IOSes...

Thanks!

You can use the same dump for both. You should only need NEEK for a few games. The Konami Rebirth games, a couple of the N64 VC, Bonsai Barber, Bejeweled 2, Liight, and Flowerworks are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

yellowsnow4free

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use the same dump for both. You should only need NEEK for a few games. The Konami Rebirth games, a couple of the N64 VC, Bonsai Barber, Bejeweled 2, Liight, and Flowerworks are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
Thanks GreyWolf! I might redump my NAND just to be safe.

How about this guide I found to setup NEEK? Seems like the OP is trying to accomplish exactly what I am, and it isn't too old, August of 2016. If possible I really don't want to have to redo anything down the line, so whatever is currently "the best" method to accomplish what I'm after.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks GreyWolf! I might redump my NAND just to be safe.

How about this guide I found to setup NEEK? Seems like the OP is trying to accomplish exactly what I am, and it isn't too old, August of 2016. If possible I really don't want to have to redo anything down the line, so whatever is currently "the best" method to accomplish what I'm after.

Yes, that should still be good. Cyan is the USB Loader GX developer. :)

Reactions: yellowsnow4free

SpuddPotato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there everyone, total noob here.

I soft modded my Wii but I messed up. I installed too many cIOS and lost functionality of gamecube games in USBloaderGX and WiiFlow. Here is a syscheck do you have any suggestions? I have anytitledeleter and several cIOS installers...

upload_2018-1-24_0-29-54.png

Many thanks in advance I appreciate your time.

lewiscarroll123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I'm using a wii u on version 5.5.1 E trying to install hb on the vwii mode.

I successfully installed the hb channel using smashstack, but the hackmii installer said bootmii can NOT be installed.

Does it just not work on wii u vwii?

Also, at what point can I stop using a 2gb sd card and move my files to a larger one if I'm using CTGP-R?

EDIT: And finally, what actually IS the jelly.bin file? I know that deleting it is the go-to solution for CTGP-R problems, but what does it do?

Thanks

Last edited by lewiscarroll123,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm using a wii u on version 5.5.1 E trying to install hb on the vwii mode.

I successfully installed the hb channel using smashstack, but the hackmii installer said bootmii can NOT be installed.

Does it just not work on wii u vwii?

Also, at what point can I stop using a 2gb sd card and move my files to a larger one if I'm using CTGP-R?

EDIT: And finally, what actually IS the jelly.bin file? I know that deleting it is the go-to solution for CTGP-R problems, but what does it do?

Thanks

Wrong forum, man. This section is for Wiis.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying for hours to softmod my Wii using LetterBomb, everything was alright until the scam screen alert. The wii.guide says I should wait 30 seconds but the message "press 1 to proceed" shows up after 5 seconds, and when I try to press 1 it doesn't do anything, it just freezes. So im forced to turn my wii off. Can anyone help me out ?

Don't crosspost the same issue in multiple threads.

nkdx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It probably means nobody knows.
alright. I just found out that my wii has actually been softmodded before, i dont know using what exploit but its already hacked. I bought it already used.
So it actually has neogamma if thats any help. I tested, and the version he installed is able to launch .wbfs files using a hard drive, if thats any help.

D

Deleted User

Is the latest neek2o beta anywhere to be found? I have tried their IRC channel but no luck.

yellowsnow4free

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another quick question here:

I've been using USB Loader GX (latest version) to save my GameCube games to my USB HDD; is this still the best method for this or should I be using CleanRip?

Thanks!

Update:

I used GCVerify and confirmed all my saved GC games (using USB Loader GX) are listed as "found", so I'm guessing they're OK.

Last edited by yellowsnow4free,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the latest neek2o beta anywhere to be found? I have tried their IRC channel but no luck.

I think r96 is still the current one for Wii. vWii version requires you find "other methods" to get it as they never released the individual modules for it so it can be built legally.

Reidolph

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just booted my Wii back up, I haven't ran it for a few years. I remember I followed a mod guide that had me install 30 wads from a pack. How can I clean those out to start fresh? Fresh meaning HBC, bootmii, and priiloader

ca032769

INFOCOM Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things