robertus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
To play N64 with overclock all you need to do is
Install a Wii64 Forwarder
Copy the latest Wii64 app to to the SD card like you would normally. (to SD/apps/Wii64)
Copy the Sign_C2W_Patcher.elf to sd/WiiU/apps then Boot it from the HBL (this will reboot to the WiiU Menu)
Then boot the Installed Wii64 Forwarder :)

You should now have overclocked N64 Games :)

If you feel like donating donate to @FIX94 he's the guy who made all this possible :)

Hi, i did it, but when i launch wii64 forwarder, i have the music and n64 logo, then wii logo, and black screen.
I can't turn off console, needed to put down power cable.
I tried also to replace wii64 files to mupen64gc r2, but no success ;(

note. i installed in usb, when wup installer asked me where, is right or maybe needed in nand ?

note 2. Ok my bad, i reply my self,and yes, needed install forward channel on nand and not on usb ( in wup installer ) or you have black screen.

Anyway i tried banjo tooie usa, and i see that there are a lot of times that appear on the right the n64 cartdridge and game freeze for a second with all white textures ( like withouth fb texture on )

Is normal ?

Last edited by robertus,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi, i did it, but when i launch wii64 forwarder, i have the music and n64 logo, then wii logo, and black screen.
I can't turn off console, needed to put down power cable.
I tried also to replace wii64 files to mupen64gc r2, but no success ;(

note. i installed in usb, when wup installer asked me where, is right or maybe needed in nand ?

note 2. Ok my bad, i reply my self,and yes, needed install forward channel on nand and not on usb ( in wup installer ) or you have black screen.

Anyway i tried banjo tooie usa, and i see that there are a lot of times that appear on the right the n64 cartdridge and game freeze for a second with all white textures ( like withouth fb texture on )

Is normal ?
rice does not have fb textures , normal glide has also make sure you toogle nand pagefile on the wii64 options and save that setting alongside fb textures it seems to stabilize the games better.

robertus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
rice does not have fb textures , normal glide has also make sure you toogle nand pagefile on the wii64 options and save that setting alongside fb textures it seems to stabilize the games better.

2meoh2c.jpg
2aakggn.jpg

video about my issue ( cartridge appear and white texture )

i hope that can be fix it, and is a my mistake.

anyway i guess that i use forward channel for non rice version.
Maybe i need forward channel for wii64 rice version ? ( because i tried to rename wii64 rice, to wii64, so i load rom with rice, especially banjo tooie, and run better, minor slowdown, but is playable without graphics issue that you can see in my video. )

Last edited by robertus,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
2meoh2c.jpg
2aakggn.jpg

video about my issue ( cartridge appear and white texture )

i hope that can be fix it, and is a my mistake.

anyway i guess that i use forward channel for non rice version.
Maybe i need forward channel for wii64 rice version ? ( because i tried to rename wii64 rice, to wii64, so i load rom with rice, especially banjo tooie, and run better, minor slowdown, but is playable without graphics issue that you can see in my video. )
you need 2 fowarders one for glide aka the normal wii 64

it will searcth the files on sd:apps/wii64/boot.dol

and a rice forwarder wich will look for

sd:apps/wii64 RICE/boot.dol

sapfel93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far I do like this emulator but I have a problem. Sometimes, when I use Rice, the picture moves too fast which causes desyncing with voice acting. I was wondering if it's possible to limit the video to 30/60 fps. I'm running standard Wii if that helps. Thanks.

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using the new Wii 64 and just out of curiosity how do I get the box art covers to work?
I have all the covers saved in the SD in covers folder but they not showing up in emu
SD/wii64/Covers
All saved .PNG format and got them from a box art collection on forum these however worked great on Snes9xgx etc...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the new Wii 64 and just out of curiosity how do I get the box art covers to work?
I have all the covers saved in the SD in covers folder but they not showing up in emu
SD/wii64/Covers
All saved .PNG format and got them from a box art collection on forum these however worked great on Snes9xgx etc...

Go here https://github.com/emukidid/Wii64/releases download the bin file and follow directions at the bottom of the page

Last edited by wicksand420,
Reactions: danny19901

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
I have to say wii64 rice is amazing conkers bad fur day runs a lot better however there are texture issues on certain objects although frame rate is really really good

Also just been playing Goldeneye 007 With Mario characters mod it also runs very well 100% playable no slowdowns at all to the point I'm at in game however also few minor texture issues

Will try more (As for the Goldeneye 007 with Mario characters mod if anyone wants it I will upload my patched version of the game)

TheThief

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried out Wii64 1.2 with RICE plugin and its the freaking bomb. Goldeneye with working sky boxes and it runs without a hitch. I would def take this Mario Goldeneye patched rom you speak of, I'll have to check the tube for a video. As for Conker, did the framerate really take much of a hit on Not64? I never did get around to doing a full playthrough only tested the first level and it seemed fine. Rice version (first level again) runs fine too but with a few minor graphical glitches, mainly the grass. Not64 didnt have that issue. That being said I'm giddy about Wii64 1.2 and it's glide plugin. Been patiently waiting for that for years. It's awesome.

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
I just tried out Wii64 1.2 with RICE plugin and its the freaking bomb. Goldeneye with working sky boxes and it runs without a hitch. I would def take this Mario Goldeneye patched rom you speak of, I'll have to check the tube for a video. As for Conker, did the framerate really take much of a hit on Not64? I never did get around to doing a full playthrough only tested the first level and it seemed fine. Rice version (first level again) runs fine too but with a few minor graphical glitches, mainly the grass. Not64 didnt have that issue. That being said I'm giddy about Wii64 1.2 and it's glide plugin. Been patiently waiting for that for years. It's awesome.
Yeah some reason cutscenes is really really slow on not64 which causes game to take so damn long to get into as cutscenes can't be skipped how ever performance is pretty damn smooth with Wii64 rice I will upload the Goldeneye Mario patched ROM now for you it took me a while to patch it

Goldeneye Mario Mod = *snip*

(Just realized had to give authentication for the download that should now be fixed sorry also hope you's have fun)

Last edited by porkiewpyne,
Reactions: Turme

seam

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shadows of the empire is way too glitchy to be considered playable :( it seems ok once youre running around on foot, but a few minutes into it it just starts flashing like crazy and doesnt stop. what it says on the compatability list isnt correct , they must have not played through it much. though it does run better than it did before. really the only games that seem better now are what was in the little 1.2 preview video from 2 years ago. goldeneye, donkey kong 64, a few others. still, im happy as hell to see goldeneye running better!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: