• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[November 13th 2015] Paris Terrorist Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

loco365

OP
Trophies
XP
lNhvwWFm.jpg

Current updates:
1. 150 and counting confirmed dead, including 7 or 8 involved terrorists covering multiple explosions and hostage situations
2. France has declared a state of emergency and has closed its borders
3. Facebook has deployed their check-in for friends and family to ensure that loved ones are safe
4. Google has offered free Google Voice calling to France for the entire weekend for friends and family to talk free of charge
5. Responsibility for these attacks have not been claimed, however, it is presumed that it is either ISIS or Al Qaeda
6. Twitter hashtag #porteouverte ("Open Door") has trended, allowing people to welcome in those that have been displaced or have nowhere to go for the time being and provide shelter for the night

I know that GBAtemp probably isn't the world's greatest place for these kinds of discussions, however, GBAtemp is a community with users all over the world. These kinds of attacks are just despicable, happening in such a modern age where violence is something that just should not happen. My condolences goes out to all the families and friends affected in this travesty.

Feel free to share kind words here, as well as post any updates if you do live in the affected areas. Let's also not play the blame game, keep it civil.

koim

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Used to live near where it happened. quite a shock.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein

D

Deleted User

I swear I can see some sort of war on the horizon.
It's scary thinking about it, really.

France's president also sees it as an act of war, so god knows what's gonna happen next. :O

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could see a war happening- but the problem is one the world is going to HAVE to deal with.
How does one war against an ideology? ISIS may have been borne out of the ashes of yet another stupid, pointless aggression the US created by unilaterally going after Gaddafi and Assad (as if Iraq and Afghanistan weren't bad enough) but it's worldwide now. You can drop a bomb on "Jihadhi John" but there are a million more spread across the globe. How do you fight against that?

Last edited by Muffins,

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
How do you fight against that?
by helping the muslims who aren't radicals. and i don't mean help as in give them weapons. i mean help by giving them food and water, education, medical assistance. teach them that we're their friends. it takes a LOT of effort and a long time before it really starts working but it's the only way. and whenever there's a terror attack we should focus on the good things that people who live there do. helping each other, grieving with each other. and then ignore the terrorists. a week after it happens don't mention it again. don't make a big deal out of it. the same way we should handle mass shootings that happen in the US.

these events are dreadful of course but realistically they don't really affect that many people. even 9/11 which caused nearly 3000 deaths isn't that many deaths in the grand scale of things. by overreacting to these things we play right into the terrorist hands.

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do know that ideology and economics don't go hand in hand, right? Bin Laden came from an oil rich billion dollar family. Jihad John came from a wealthy US lineage. All the money and economic assistance in the world isn't going to change a religious dogma...

Reactions: tofast4u

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You do know that ideology and economics don't go hand in hand, right? Bin Laden came from an oil rich billion dollar family. Jihad John came from a wealthy US lineage. All the money and economic assistance in the world isn't going to change a religious dogma...
you're talking about 2 people. i'm talking about thousands. sure there'l always be some radicals. there's radicals in every country. the difference is that they dont have access to people who live in poor conditions and were hurt or lost loved ones because of war. it's not about economics, it's about making sure there's no seeds of distrust and hatred that people can exploit. economics is just a small tool to do so. education is a much better tool to do so. an educated person (even just basic education) is less easily manipulated.

Last edited by dimmidice,

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not talkng about "two people", I'm talking about you fundementally misunderstanding the basic premise behind jihad and wahabbism, the foundational bedrock behind what people label "Islamic terrorism". You assume that jihadists act out of desperation- except that you're neglecting that many of the ones responsible for the attacks originate from places that AREN'T at all desperate, such as Saudi Arabia. And many of them have had education in expensive US colleges!
Again, it's not an economic problem. It's an idelogy problem, and fundementally misconstruing that problem only compounds that problem.

Reactions: tofast4u

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
>except that you're neglecting that many of the ones responsible for the attacks originate from places that AREN'T at all desperate, such as Saudi Arabia

those are the minority. the majority are people who are just manipulated into joining. what's so hard to understand about that?

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
People need to stop being stupid. The attack did not originate from Saudi Arabia like your media feeds you. The reality of things is that we have something called ISIS which is a mix of extremists from different nationalities working towards a certain goal. Of course we can definitely thank America for arming them and empowering them to 'get rid of Assad' in Syria.

France is a nation that has the highest contribution to aiding in destroying ISIS and as a result, ISIS is basically giving them their own kind of payback.

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
People need to stop being stupid. The attack did not originate from Saudi Arabia like your media feeds you. The reality of things is that we have something called ISIS which is a mix of extremists from different nationalities working towards a certain goal. Of course we can definitely thank America for arming them and empowering them to 'get rid of Assad' in Syria.

France is a nation that has the highest contribution to aiding in destroying ISIS and as a result, ISIS is basically giving them their own kind of payback.

what about UK sending paratroopers before UN resolution in Lybia?
(not my words BBC reported that)
I think France, UK and USA should leave mediterranean sea countries free ...instead of founding socalled "revolutions"...
if you think someone is a dictator you avoid cheering him when he come to visit your country, you simply avoid meeting dictators at all, that my humble stupidly idealistic opinion :

sarko.jpg

Sarkozy-Gheddafi-anteprima-500x408-649342.jpg

Nx232xl43-blair-gheddafi-110925214357_medium.jpg.pagespeed.ic.sD19Sf3E4b.jpg

queen_assad_277691k.jpg

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You left out; 7. Terrorists were shouting "Allahu Ackbar!" and "This is for Syria!".

My God. This Syrian "refugee" crisis is the biggest Trojan horse in history. You let MILLIONS of undocumented 3rd world immigrants (many of whom despise the west) into Western nations, what do you expect!? Maybe this will stop the insane, evil government leaders of Europe from further destroying their nations.

My prayers go out to them.

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
You left out; 7. Terrorists were shouting "Allahu Ackbar!" and "This is for Syria!".

My God. This Syrian "refugee" crisis is the biggest Trojan horse in history. You let MILLIONS of undocumented 3rd world immigrants (many of whom despise the west) into Western nations, what do you expect!? Maybe this will stop the insane, evil government leaders of Europe from further destroying their nations.

My prayers go out to them.
you are right on this :
EU officially imposed that countries like italy or greece where people arrive cannot force them to record their fingerprint ...
they literally must trust them on the parole...
that is why our countries get so much difficulties to control the borders...they must accept them whoever they claim to be ...!!

you can read here which burocratic gordian knot is fingerprints recording in europe :
http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/home-affair...der/588_emn_ahq_eurodac_fingerprinting_en.pdf

Last edited by nintendarium,
Reactions: Haloman800

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
RIP to the people we just lost.
people who done this is absolute monsters.

@Haloman800 are you a fucking conspiracy nutjob? does every western want a burning cross with the sign white power on it? no.
i wish they were monsters. that'd make it all a lot easier. sadly they're just people. also what about haloman's post has to do with a conspiracy?

Reactions: Seriel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Find the studio rips, like a few GBs per song lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, game boys per song?
    I used to have a few of those with Direct Sound on XP and Audigy Platinum sound card with high end speakers was a glorious time for audio
    Lol no Gigabytes per song
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some websites have full studio rips of production kind of hard to find for obvious reasons
    +1
    Not sure current audio codec based sound built in to motherboards can handle the bit depth those used
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I just use mp3 files of the best quality i can find
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I say fuck it and open Spotify 80% of your musics already on it probably
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or just put in on yt
    Xdqwerty for most people hearing anything better than 256Kbps MP3 they cannot tell the difference
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    play the songs video
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Audiophiles mjs second allegation
    Pedo Audio what ever MJ was into he lost a glove
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mjs glove fit
    Billies Jeans did not
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mj you are the father