• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

[November 13th 2015] Paris Terrorist Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
You're not making any sense here; you're calling them Islamic terrorists, but the word Islamic doesn't even go with the term you are describing. Islamic refers to making a reference to Islam; but where does that even match up with terrorism? I don't get how "Muslims" killing thousands of MUSLIMS makes them think they are just practicing their religion; in a manner that isn't peaceful at all, which Islam and Muslims are looking for: PEACE.

oh my gosh it seems really you didnt read or understand my point!! ;)

just to make it lighter :) using videogames instead of religion here:

NEWS: "A sony extremist fanboy robbed a nintendian"
sony fans get upset they feel discriminated by the term "sony"
their problem is not the nintendian is robbed but that into news they feel called all fanboys only because their are sonians ... crazy!!!

really ... I hope that's not your point of view!!!!
here you are implying that all nintendians are racist and cannot distinguish between sony fans and sony fanboys ...
we all know that sony fanboys are not real sony fans!!! ;):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited by nintendarium,

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm glad that there are a bunch of sensible posts here, As much as I hate to admit, a lot of stupid people where I live are abusing the "Marked safe" button in social media even if they've never been to Paris, that and so many vocal comments that make me just want to wash my eyes with bleach. Youtube comments and news articles are judging this all the wrong way, Syria and Lebanon has been undergoing massive state downfall but no one bats an eye, it's all deemed as "Middle easterners doing middle eastern things" but suddenly this unfortunate event happened and suddenly everyone's up in arms to throw the closest blame to #1 being religion.

Being muslim has NOTHING to do with the fact that an entire religion faction is to blame, Christianity has commited it's sins as well and no religion is superior. It's as simple as extremists existing and them doing stupid shit to prove a point they won't be able to defend when they're up in smoke and pieces.

American man gun down people and no one blames the country, just one man gone trigger happy, but one man in a turban does it and suddenly an arms race against an entire race begins. Seriously?

People here talking about how we should be uniting against a common enemy but how sure are you that you're ready to accept the person standing next to you.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Muslims shouldn't be condemned, terrorists should.

Exactly. What most people fail to realize is Terrorism is the only act that doesn't have a religion barrier, you could be any religion you want and still be labelled the same. Terrorism doesn't always cry out as Muslim deed.

Its insane, if people ONLY watched the news in Syria? people have thrown away their religious differences and been body bags to defend people they care about. Refugees all sharing the same food, shelter and bed.

Last edited by Misledz,

Pacheko17

Controversial opinions guy.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Btw, Google just changed Youtube's logo. This is very nice of them in my opinion

v1AHav6.png

tofast4u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe with this attack this will wake up the liberal European people who only bash Israel, and appease Muslims who the true enemies are. This happens every day in countries like Israel and nobody cares, and when it happens in western countries everybody cares yet nobody learns.

Reactions: Muffins and Misledz

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Maybe with this attack this will wake up the liberal European people who only bash Israel, and appease Muslims who the true enemies are. This happens every day in countries like Israel and nobody cares, and when it happens in western countries everybody cares yet nobody learns.
Because what isn't close to home isn't something to worry about, but what's just a doorstep away is finally a very late wake up call.

In previous wars our enemy wore a uniform and didn't hide his face with a balaclava. You knew who he was and he fought with the same weapons. Rifles, tanks, planes that dropped bombçs. All brave men fighting for their country
These terrorists are cowards.

Last edited by Misledz,
Reactions: Deleted User

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Exactly. What most people fail to realize is Terrorism is the only act that doesn't have a religion barrier, you could be any religion you want and still be labelled the same. Terrorism doesn't always cry out as Muslim deed.

Its insane, if people ONLY watched the news in Syria? people have thrown away their religious differences and been body bags to defend people they care about. Refugees all sharing the same food, shelter and bed.

it's important not to fall on the opposite side.
Terrorism could have different matrices:
political
religious
ecc ecc
to fight properly terrorism you have to understand which matrix is based on.
in this case the matrix is islamic extremism.
if you do not recognize this you are actually supporting them .

Reactions: VinsCool
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What about Palestine? Hundreds of kids, families die every day in Palestine because of Israel. They destroyed their land, etc. The Israeli people make kids sign the missiles that will be sent to Palestine.

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, that's not what ignorant prejudice people think. All those unfortunate victims will be in my prayers.

Last edited by GhostLatte,

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
What about Palestine? Hundreds of kids, families die every day in Palestine because of Israel. They destroyed their land, etc. The Israeli people make kids sign the missiles that will be sent to Palestine.
Yes and NO
Palestine people should stop first, on law i side Palestine, they were "robbed" by UN (nations society) this is a fact nobody can deny
It , but once you start and lost 2 wars against Israel they should have stopped make their people suffer this way and surrender.
It is difficult not to side with israel when the missiles launches never stopped during last 3 years from Gaza ...this is a fact.
We must speak truth here, Palestine politics are not able to control extremism ... And that's a big problem.
Because Israel answer is always 10x Palestine offence.
Hiding missiles luncher near kids schools in not less criminal than bombing that place knowing there is a school near there...
Sincerely i see no escape way, only solution would be Nature wiping away the entire zone with a natural disaster...
Humans are like virus to exterminate sometimes ...sad truth...

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So would this be on the same level as 9/11?

I'm not trying to boast and gloat by saying "lol we had it worse" but understand how badly it has impacted another country.

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
So would this be on the same level as 9/11?

I'm not trying to boast and gloat by saying "lol we had it worse" but understand how badly it has impacted another country.
You mean leading to a new war?
France and UK will go alone then...
Without both USA and Russia Europeans cannot start any war on their own.
France and UK went alone in Libya and it results into a disaster

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You mean leading to a new war?
France and UK will go alone then...
Without both USA and Russia Europeans cannot start any war on their own.
France and UK went alone in Libya and it results into a disaster
I would say 9/11 affected not only the US but the world on a global scale.

Would you say this event had the same impact?

Reactions: ComeTurismO
D

Deleted User

I don't understand why though, the Quran condones the murder of non believers and has over 100 different verses that basically say kill infidels. With the amount of "terrorists" coming out of one religion it's honestly gone beyond the point where you can just label them as extremists.

These kids are being raised with quotes like "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them" being drilled into them.

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't understand why though, the Quran condones the murder of non believers and has over 100 different verses that basically say kill infidels. With the amount of "terrorists" coming out of one religion it's honestly gone beyond the point where you can just label them as extremists.

These kids are being raised with quotes like "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them" being drilled into them.
For your kind information; this is completely not true. Please make sure your sources are correct; and not from a source found on Facebook or some website. Read the actual book, and it's completely different. Stop making 1.6 billion people responsible for terrorism.

EDIT:
Can I just say something to everyone? Discriminating a religion or anyone who is defending their religion is not only an offence in real life; it's COMPLETELY against the rules. Let me highlight it for you people.
upload_2015-11-15_11-48-2.png

nintendarium

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I would say 9/11 affected not only the US but the world on a global scale.

Would you say this event had the same impact?
Oh yes.
This was first war attack on European territory.
First Kamikaze one
That was not only a terrorism act.
That why there will be surely a revenge in this.
I only doubt France and UK will be joined by both Russia and USA ... Probably they will go alone

Muffins

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This topic seems to be taking an unpleasant turn. I hope we can keep it civil.

Islam as a religion has a collective following of over a billion people.

Regardless of what texts might say or not say, to condemn those billion people doesn't further the discussion.

Terror needs no religion. It needs no verse. It merely needs opportunity.

If there is to be a resolution, it MUST, MUST MUST understand the necessity of putting a firm, hard wall between the Wahabbist and the innocent.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I think I can safely say that pretty much all members of this forum feel terrible and are saddened about the tragedy's that went on in France.

The origins of and who are responsible for these occurrences are complex issues which are impossible to debate on a forum like this without emotions, trolls and ignorance getting in the way of the discussion and derailing it. To blame one side solely for terrorism is just as stupid and ignorant as it is to completely blinker yourself and wash your hands of all responsibility for it. All sides are responsible to some degree for what we saw the other day, even if those responsible are just a minority in each side.

I don't see much point in keeping this open, it will inevitably just lead to arguments and someone getting suspended or banned for saying a bunch of stupid stuff. I have seen it happen a million times before in the past.

RIP to the innocent victims of this attack, our thoughts are with their families and friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse