Hacking Ntrboothax not working?

windhazard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've done this quite a few times but I just can't get it to work on this particular o3ds of my friend. I checked these things to make sure they are ok:

- My R4i Gold 3DS
- Cartridge slot
- 4 buttons: X, Start, Select, Power
- Magnet activates sleep mode

Basically it just boots into normal homescreen and ignores the hax. Anytips?

Reactions: THYPLEX

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done this quite a few times but I just can't get it to work on this particular o3ds of my friend. I checked these things to make sure they are ok:

- My R4i Gold 3DS
- Cartridge slot
- 4 buttons: X, Start, Select, Power
- Magnet activates sleep mode

Basically it just boots into normal homescreen and ignores the hax. Anytips?
1) Have correct files in place on SD card and have card correctly flashed with ntrboothax
2) After pressing power, only hold down X+Start+Select for a couple of seconds then let go.

Reactions: ThoD and Quantumcat

windhazard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1) Have correct files in place on SD card and have card correctly flashed with ntrboothax
2) After pressing power, only hold down X+Start+Select for a couple of seconds then let go.
1. Yes, I made sure the correct files are on the SD of the o3ds. SD card is not corrupted.
2. No problem.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Does it boot into the home screen right away or only after you remove the magnet? If it is booting into the home screen with the magnet in place that means it isn't triggering sleep mode. Maybe you're moving it slightly when holding the buttons.

windhazard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does it boot into the home screen right away or only after you remove the magnet? If it is booting into the home screen with the magnet in place that means it isn't triggering sleep mode. Maybe you're moving it slightly when holding the buttons.
Only till I move the magnet.

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
hold the buttons first, have the magnet in place. then hold power, the screen will be lack until you let go of one of the buttons, like X.
if it boots even if you hold the buttons something is wrong, magnet or something else.

for me it stays on black screen, and only loads ntrhax once I let go of atleast one of the buttons I held in during power on :)

Reactions: THYPLEX

windhazard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hold the buttons first, have the magnet in place. then hold power, the screen will be lack until you let go of one of the buttons, like X.
if it boots even if you hold the buttons something is wrong, magnet or something else.

for me it stays on black screen, and only loads ntrhax once I let go of atleast one of the buttons I held in during power on :)
I know, I don't think the problem lies with my timing or button orders since this is not my first attempt and I also tried again with my own n3dsxl to make sure the flashcard works.

windhazard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Try tape to hold the magnet if it helps. The human hands aren't meant to be crab claws. One less thing to finger with. Unless you like that kind of thing.
Not sure why I should hold the magnet? I just leave it on the sweet spot as normal. As said, the screen does not show up until I move the magnet, so that should not be the problem.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What type of magnet you're rocking? Better not be a dinky pebble pea size unless it's that neodyanium good stuff.

Edit: Try for kicks, taping down the x, select, and start buttons.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

windhazard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What type of magnet you're rocking? Better not be a dinky pebble pea size unless it's that neodyanium good stuff.

Edit: Try for kicks, taping down the x, select, and start buttons.
I have quite a few kinds, small, big, strong, weak. Tried every last one of them to no avail. My favorite one helped me on about 5 other systems.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna have to do some vetting about those buttons. X, Start, Power would be super obvious. How did you check that the Select button works? Did you test a game that you know use Select?

Reactions: Quantumcat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes.

In case I forgot to do that, I even checked the L+Down+Sel to see if Luma was booted instead.

Actually, I just realized that wouldn't be relevant as that requires ntrboot_flasher to work first. It comes down to either the flashcart or a totally bunked O3DS. Maybe you should pawn that system off your friend and start making wagers to the modding community in trying to install custom firmware via ntrboot.

windhazard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually, I just realized that wouldn't be relevant as that requires ntrboot_flasher to work first. It comes down to either the flashcart or a totally bunked O3DS. Maybe you should pawn that system off your friend and start making wagers to the modding community in trying to install custom firmware via ntrboot.
That would be fun, but it's not mine to decide. I'm thinking about DSiware transfer. If that still not works, he can always sells it and get another one.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be fun, but it's not mine to decide. I'm thinking about DSiware transfer. If that still not works, he can always sells it and get another one.

Try to get him to sell it to one of the developers here who specializes in ntrboot. Yah, it's tall order but hear this out. If this O3DS is fully functional, stock yet isn't hackable at all despite everything else is correct, they will want to know why.

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
still try a new sdcard with the b9s-installer .firm
make sure it's fat32. also is the magnet strong enough? we had one case earlier where the magnet was strong enough to trigger on one 3ds but not the next, which was fixed by getting a stronger magnet.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still try a new sdcard with the b9s-installer .firm
make sure it's fat32.
That's irrelevant. If he's hitting the home menu and boot.firm isn't a CFW itself, that means ntrboot wasn't triggered.

Only thing I can think of is to restore your flashcart back to a normal DS cart and see if you can get the troublesome system to actually recognize it. If the problem isn't your buttons or your magnet, it might be the cart, cartridge slot, or contact issues between the two.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zufnIPGYQx8 +1