Hacking Ntrboothax not working?

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
That's irrelevant. If he's hitting the home menu and boot.firm isn't a CFW itself, that means ntrboot wasn't triggered.

Only thing I can think of is to restore your flashcart back to a normal DS cart and see if you can get the troublesome system to actually recognize it. If the problem isn't your buttons or your magnet, it might be the cart, cartridge slot, or contact issues between the two.

with the slim chance boot.firm is luma 7.1... lol
or he's just failing in triggering the button combo, from my experience if you do it right the boot will halt until you release the buttons. he never answered if it did this...

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with the slim chance boot.firm is luma 7.1... lol
or he's just failing in triggering the button combo, from my experience if you do it right the boot will halt until you release the buttons. he never answered if it did this...
An O3DS straight up won't boot with the magnet in place if the button combo is not correct.

Reactions: Quantumcat

windhazard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the new inputs. Yea I've done this multiple times so I am used to the button combination and the timing. Flashcart is working fine. I also reflashed ntrboot but that did not help.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flashed with my own CFW 3DS, ofcourse.

My apologies. I was trying to help ametefesamuel at Please tell me how to fix this! and made mention that his issue isn't unique.

His NTRBoot at the sleep mode/magnet step isn't working either (this is on friend's O2DS).

Edit : The similarities between you two
(1) R4i Gold 3DS [STRIKE]Plus[/STRIKE] based* flashcard
(2) First generation target systems (O3DS & O2DS)
(3) Latest 11.6-0.39?? firmware
(4) NTRBoot established working on already hacked 3DS/2DS but not on friends' non-hacked systems

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

windhazard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The o3ds not launching B9S
I did not fix it. It simply couldn't launch B9S from the R4i 3DS.

I know you guys may think this is because of human error, but I assure you it is not. Anyway thanks for the help. In the end I grew out of patience and borrowed another o3ds to transfer DsiWare. Installed B9S sucessfully on this one.

ametefesamuel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I know you guys may think this is because of human error, but I assure you it is not. Anyway thanks for the help. In the end I grew out of patience and borrowed another o3ds to transfer DsiWare. Installed B9S sucessfully on this one.

Oh ok. How do transfer it with DsiWare. I am trying to install B9S but it doesnt want to work.

Already have a homebrewed 2ds and I want to homebrew another one.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, not at all. Human error has been ruled out for your case.

ametefesamuel is running into exact same issue you had windhazard. NTRBoot will not load on his friend's O2DS. This hacking method is not 100% sure proof.

Oh ok. How do transfer it with DsiWare. I am trying to install B9S but it doesnt want to work.

Already have a homebrewed 2ds and I want to homebrew another one.

3ds.guide has tutorial how to do DSiWare transfer.

https://3ds.guide/installing-boot9strap-(dsiware)

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

windhazard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Matt_man520

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I am new when it comes to hacking the 3ds and i've been going through a couple problems. Similar to the main problem on this page, i have followed the guide and used my r4i gold flashcart to install ntrboothax onto my 3dsxl and am now stuck at the select,start,x,power portion with the magnet.

*My 3ds is an O3dsXL with Ver. 11.6.0-39U
*i use an r4i gold flashcart
*i have a 4 GB sd card in the 3dsxl and a 64 GB micro fat32 in the flashcart

I was able to access the menu through the magnet method before i used the cart to install ntrboothax so i've ruled out the possibility of the issue being the buttons or incorrect placement of the magnet. Now when i do the magnet method, the screen lights up a black screen and then goes into regular sleep mode. i would then take away the magnet and shut off the system to try again.

Some areas where i might have made a mistake:
* I did not have the 3dsXL 4gb card in the system as i was using the ntrboothax. ( i don't know if that could have effected my results)
* There could be the possibility that I made a mistake in choosing the type of card when doing the ntrboothax. ( I chose the r4i gold flashcart family option)
* following the 3ds guide, i did the kernal files for my flashcart (forgetting that there was an actual switch in the cart itself) and made both of the switches into ntrboothax installers ( and i don't know how to solve that because this is my first time using this flashcart)

I don't have another 3ds or 2ds but i have multiple nds ( i heard that you could use a nds to help hack the system but i am skeptical)

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

enodeb

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Bl**dy he** I encountered the same issue too.
I have a R4 B9S Ntrboot flashcard (see the image).
It works well on my friend's JP ver. N3DS XL but not working on my US ver. N3DS XL.
We tried the same sdcard (with b9s installer), same flashcard. It works instantly for the JP N3DS.
However on my US N3DS, no matter how we try, it ended up black screen with blue light on, either it keeps the black screen when I remove the magnet, or it goes to the normal boot screen when I remove the magnet.
We also tried several 32G Sdcard (formatted in FAT32) but it doesn't make any difference

I tried it on ver 11.5.0-38U and also tried it on 11.6.0-39U (can't go back now anyway)

*New 3DS XL with Ver 11.6.0-39U
*R4 B9S Ntrboot
*4GB SD Card on 3DS, unknown SD card on the flashcard (which comes with the purchase)

h**ps:// preview.ibb.co /moqdJn /photo_2018_05_04_07_38_42.jpg

Any ideas?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I was able to access the menu through the magnet method
Did you install B9S when you saw the menu? If not, why not? How did you get out of the screen?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No one knows why 3DS/2DS like yours fail to work with NTRboot.
My theory is the cart isn't making contact with the cartridge reader pins.

Reactions: TurdPooCharger

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.