OCDM - Mario Maker 3DS course manager

OCDM stands for Online Course Database Manager

Features*:
  • import and export courses, both** 3DS and WiiU
  • cryptofix saves (if the game marked your save as "corrupted")
    • Note: this will overwrite the LockoutID in your courses, not in the save file, so please be fair and don't reupload others' courses :)
  • make/apply save snapshots (exports all files which are used in the save)
    • Note: please format your save data before restoring your save otherwise the game could mark your save as "corrupted", and this one is not cryptofixable
  • browse SMMDB
    • download courses
    • discontinued

*: these features are in the latest build at the time of editing this post, so functionality in the public build could differ
**: due to differences in the 3DS and the WiiU version, importing a converted course file on a foreign platform could crash the game on loading the course

bf9dd7f81f.jpg

dfa53dcd86.jpg

82f4e899ed.jpg

2d84f7a0f6.jpg

9f7d574fee.png

fd529e16c1.png

3e10674a00.png

fd5ea7441e.png

d593f2b5ff.png

f4b4b4fcf4.jpg

[Download] (not supported anymore)​

Last edited by Sono,

jaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OCDM stands for Online Course Database Manager

Features:
  • export save data to SDCard
  • convert 3DS saves to WiiU-compatible saves (thanks to smb123w64gb!)
Almost implemented features:
  • restore saves from SDCard
  • online course database manager
Planned features:
  • probably WiiU->3DS save conversion
  • GUI with thumbnails of the levels

bf9dd7f81f.jpg

dfa53dcd86.jpg
82f4e899ed.jpg

[3dsx] [no source code yet]​

Sorry for the empty and unformatted post, but I didn't know what else to put here.

This is amazing work. I have a website that does some work with Super Mario Maker called https://makersofmario.com we already have our own ratings, tagging and comment system working with the exisitng WiiU levels. When SMM3DS was announced without online play we planned to try and add support with our site as well. I know you mentioned online support almost completed but we would love to help in anyway we can and maybe combine forces if possible. Let me know and we can try and work together!

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
This is amazing work. I have a website that does some work with Super Mario Maker called https://makersofmario.com we already have our own ratings, tagging and comment system working with the exisitng WiiU levels. When SMM3DS was announced without online play we planned to try and add support with our site as well. I know you mentioned online support almost completed but we would love to help in anyway we can and maybe combine forces if possible. Let me know and we can try and work together!

Sounds nice! Sadly, I doubt most of the functions can be implemented because of the lack of online services (like records, completion times, and CourseIDs), but I/we'll try the best to recreate as much stuff as possible.
I'm on Discord, if you give an username/server, I'll get in touch :P

Can't wait to see this expanded upon.... And actually have a cia....

Ah, I always forget to enable the cia building in the Makefile :P

Id love to manage my OCD lol Jokes aside this looks interesting

To be honest, there's a bit of an intentional punniness in the application name, it's not a coincidence :P It's not to joke on others (why would I do that?), so I hope nobody picks it up as an insult.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the save conversion convert your whole save? It'd be amazing if a tool could be made to inject individual levels into the Wii U's save.

And while I'm at it, maybe someone can look into unlocking all mystery mushrooms in the Wii U save too? Expert 100 Mario Challenge is awful

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Also i was gonna ask, how do you actually upload levels?

Nohow, because it's unfinished yet :P

Does the save conversion convert your whole save? It'd be amazing if a tool could be made to inject individual levels into the Wii U's save.

And while I'm at it, maybe someone can look into unlocking all mystery mushrooms in the Wii U save too? Expert 100 Mario Challenge is awful

I/we still need to figure out the save file's structure, but I'm able to export both the main and the sublevel.

Also, WiiU->3DS conversion looks awfully difficult, considering that the thumbnail file format is different from what is used in the WiiU version (which is a checksum + something-prefixed JFIF)

Does this actually let you import other peoples save files into the game since the game itself makes it so you can only use the save you create?

I haven't tested it, but I have a feeling it'll be more difficult than I expected, mainly because the slot number looks like to be stored in the file itself, not the filename.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nohow, because it's unfinished yet :P

I/we still need to figure out the save file's structure, but I'm able to export both the main and the sublevel.

Also, WiiU->3DS conversion looks awfully difficult, considering that the thumbnail file format is different from what is used in the WiiU version (which is a checksum + something-prefixed JFIF)

I haven't tested it, but I have a feeling it'll be more difficult than I expected, mainly because the slot number looks like to be stored in the file itself, not the filename.
Thanks, lastly, how would we inject into the wii u version? Do we need to use wuphax, saviine and an external application, or is there a save manager already?

Polarise

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! This would help. I have a plan on making a site to share levels that you could upload and download levels.

jaku

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds nice! Sadly, I doubt most of the functions can be implemented because of the lack of online services (like records, completion times, and CourseIDs), but I/we'll try the best to recreate as much stuff as possible.
I'm on Discord, if you give an username/server, I'll get in touch :P

I'm Jaku#5640 send me a PM and I can get you on a server. Also I wasn't planning on getting ratings and tags into SMM3DS just saying we have that on our site already do people could easily do that on the site and maybe we could allow something through your app to search/sort by tags and ratings.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, lastly, how would we inject into the wii u version? Do we need to use wuphax, saviine and an external application, or is there a save manager already?
Ask someone else, I don't even have a WiiU :sad:
use saviine or some iosu stuff (like ftpiiu everywhere, requires fw.img with /dev/iosuhax).

Reactions: Giodude and Sono

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sadly the person in question feels too young for his own good
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't question people
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: