Gaming Official Mini-Direct discussion thread.

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that kinda dropped out of nowhere. Okay, so there WAS teasing but having it so early in the day caught me off guard. I'm making this thread so people can discuss their thoughts on how that went down. I'm bad at typing long paragraphs so I'll just give my bullet points
  • Lots of interesting content in a 15 minute direct. Not all of it appeals to me but whatever
  • Hyrule Warriors is nice because I never played it before, and giving it all of that pricey DLC out of the gate is a solid choice.
  • I really expected something a little bigger. I feel like starting the year off with a mini direct is a sign of what the year will look like. Some cool stuff, but nothing major.
  • Lots of ports. Is that a good or bad thing? I don't know, personal preference really.
  • Let's hope they fix Mario Tennis.
  • "LUIGI IS PLAYABLE Oh wait no he's not." It was still a cool looking mode though.
  • Dark Souls huh? I might actually have to try it out.
  • Nothing on Bayonneta. That's a bit odd considering 1 and 2 are coming out next month.
  • Overall, a pretty good direct. I hope we can get something to get really excited about soon enough.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really do need this TWEWY port. This time, Nintendo is the one distributing the game to my country, so fortunately we may have it in spanish for the first time. Also, new things in the story. I need this more than food, gosh.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, that kinda dropped out of nowhere. Okay, so there WAS teasing but having it so early in the day caught me off guard. I'm making this thread so people can discuss their thoughts on how that went down. I'm bad at typing long paragraphs so I'll just give my bullet points
  • Lots of interesting content in a 15 minute direct. Not all of it appeals to me but whatever
  • Hyrule Warriors is nice because I never played it before, and giving it all of that pricey DLC out of the gate is a solid choice.
  • I really expected something a little bigger. I feel like starting the year off with a mini direct is a sign of what the year will look like. Some cool stuff, but nothing major.
  • Lots of ports. Is that a good or bad thing? I don't know, personal preference really.
  • Let's hope they fix Mario Tennis.
  • "LUIGI IS PLAYABLE Oh wait no he's not." It was still a cool looking mode though.
  • Dark Souls huh? I might actually have to try it out.
  • Nothing on Bayonneta. That's a bit odd considering 1 and 2 are coming out next month.
  • Overall, a pretty good direct. I hope we can get something to get really excited about soon enough.
Goddamnit, no news on the Ace Attorney games for the Switch. Still waiting...

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I really do need this TWEWY port. This time, Nintendo is the one distributing the game to my country, so fortunately we may have it in spanish for the first time. Also, new things in the story. I need this more than food, gosh.
But what about that fabulous fantranslation, that even included Spanish dub work, even the voice acting quality was quite remarkable.

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But what about that fabulous fantranslation, that even included Spanish dub work, even the voice acting quality was quite remarkable.
Yeah it was, but that doesn't mean it's coming translated to the Switch xD Also, not being oficial meant you couldn't play the original cartidge in spanish xD

Frexxos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Definitly Mario Tennis! Lets hope with local Multiplayer.
Donkey Kong is a good local multiplayer platformer. liked it.

meh dont need dark souls... played all three of them on pc. don't want it again for switch. but this only my opinion

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
oNcHdPX.gif

MUDA! MUDA! MUDA! MUDA!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
i never got hyrule warriors on wiiu or tropical freeze so maybe i will get them on switch, still wierd they didnt named the yoshi game and we actualy saw quite abit of gameplay of it in the past already.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been sold on Wii U rereleases like Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Pokken Tournament DX despite the fact that I own the former on the Wii U. But I'm not seeing anything about DKC Tropical Freeze or Hyrule Warriors that is convincing me to buy those games again. Its cool you can play as Funky Kong now, but in all reality, he looks like easy mode, he might be a little more freeing to play as, but I get the opinion that he'll significantly take away from the challenge of Tropical Freeze, and the challenge of the DKC games is a large part of their appeal. And Hyrule Warriors isn't anything special, if you've installed the 3DS characters to the Wii U game, then all the Switch version seems to be offering that is new are alt outfits for Link and Zelda from BOTW. Furthermore, Hyrule Warriors on Switch's 2 player mode will have to be split screen, which is a bit of a step back compared to the Wii U allowing one player to have the TV and the other to have the Gamepad. (Me and my buddy made a ton of great use of that.) These 2 Wii U rereleases aren't nearly as exciting as last year's 2 were, at least for me personally. Now granted the Pokken DX game lost that same functionality as Hyrule Warriors did with 2 separate screens, but Pokken is just an arena, you aren't traveling to many different corners of the same map, its much easier to accommodate 2 players in Pokken on the same screen as they have, plus DX offered new fighters that the Wii U version didn't.

Having said that, I may be inclined to get the Switch port of The World Ends With You considering I've never played it and I've only heard good things.

Reactions: Frexxos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...