Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, it's been a while. I've had a lot going on and just don't have the time or resources to do anything with the carts I have left.

So, I'm throwing in the towel on this one and calling it closed.

For all those interested in getting their hands on any of these goods, you can check on the (WTS) section in the Trading forum for my posts. I'll be getting rid of the defects ( 2 of which are interesting.. ) and some NDS demos.

Thanks, it was cool. :D
Well, that's unfortunate that you're calling it quits.

Thanks for everything you've done so far, I hope that someone will take up the mantle and continue where you left off. Would be pretty cool to see something come of this :)

loco365

Trophies
XP
If I can get my hands on some, I'll gladly dump them. Those that can be run anyways. I'd love to see the demos.

Or to have one that doesn't work would be cool. I wouldn't mind broken ones. Just for bragging rights.

NintendyFan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, it's been a while. I've had a lot going on and just don't have the time or resources to do anything with the carts I have left.

So, I'm throwing in the towel on this one and calling it closed.

For all those interested in getting their hands on any of these goods, you can check on the (WTS) section in the Trading forum for my posts. I'll be getting rid of the defects ( 2 of which are interesting.. ) and some NDS demos.

Thanks, it was cool. :D
Well, that's unfortunate that you're calling it quits.

Thanks for everything you've done so far, I hope that someone will take up the mantle and continue where you left off. Would be pretty cool to see something come of this :)
Actually, I'm the one who sold the cart on eBay, not bid on it. :P

Kaoid

Kai
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i tried it on my r4 (original) and i can get to the menu. i tried pressing start and select when load rom booted up, i tried everything. what going on?

Kaoid

Kai
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i tried it on my r4 (original) and i can get to the menu. i tried pressing start and select when load rom booted up, i tried everything. what going on?
As soon as you push the button to start up the rom, you must hold start + select. that's all there really is too it.

tries that. still plays the demo straight away. I push it as soon as the white screen shows on my r4 after clicking a on the rom. also for some reason, it also resets my ds clock to midnight 1st of january 2000.

NintendyFan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
As soon as you push the button to start up the rom, you must hold start + select. that's all there really is too it.

tries that. still plays the demo straight away. I push it as soon as the white screen shows on my r4 after clicking a on the rom. also for some reason, it also resets my ds clock to midnight 1st of january 2000.
Yeah, a lot of people have noted that. I was also wrong, you only really need to hold the "Start" button. But, it should work. Really coudn't tell you why you're having problems. :/

Kaoid

Kai
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Yeah, a lot of people have noted that. I was also wrong, you only really need to hold the "Start" button. But, it should work. Really coudn't tell you why you're having problems. :/

i will try but i will give you a link to a vid or pic if it still dont work

VampireLordAlucard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I'm aware of that. However, this isn't something sold for profit, nor is there evidence the code is under copyright, so I don't really see the problem. Or is asking for any READ ONLY MEMORY rip against the rules, regardless if its contents?

Kaoid

Kai
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
hey guys. a while ago i said how to pass the auto run which was hold start and select. I tried that but it still runs the test and ive asked multiple epeople and they all says the same thing. I tried it on my r4 and it still runs auto test no mattreh whatt

loco365

Trophies
XP
hey guys. a while ago i said how to pass the auto run which was hold start and select. I tried that but it still runs the test and ive asked multiple epeople and they all says the same thing. I tried it on my r4 and it still runs auto test no mattreh whatt
How long are you holding it? Right after you boot it, hold them down until a menu appears.

Kaoid

Kai
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How long are you holding it? Right after you boot it, hold them down until a menu appears.

right this is what i do. go on my r4. boot the rom (its definately the ntr tester rom). as soon as the white screen shows, i hold start+selct and hold them down. then, the flicker test start (i'm still holding them). so what am i doing wrong

i am using an N5 with a black european ds lite.

NintendyFan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I do have some carts left to sell, I actually have 1 left that works. The rest are non-repairable in the state they are in. It may be possible to remove the chips from the board and put them onto another games board.. I've been too busy repairing GBC/GBA games lately to test this.

someperson_12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So what was the final story with the cartridges? Did the guy who bought it off eBay ever dump the ROMs? Seems like a shame for rare debug cartridges to never be examined by the internet (they have precious historical importance)

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Sigh... actually reminded me of the memory 3 years ago when I went to iQue(Nintendo of China)'s repair station and saw them test my DS with a really fancy tool loaded from a flash cart:)
It had a black background and white characters, when you press A or B it makes a Mario jump sound effect, when you press X or Y it makes fire flower sound...

Hiccup

Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone have the original (non-scene) file by NintendyFan? (NINTENDO_DS_NTR_DEBUG_NintendyFan-MX)
And can anyone confirm that the picture in scene release is actually what the dumped cart looked like?

EDIT: found it, same as scene ROM. In fact the scene ROM is just stolen from NintendyFan's upload

Last edited by Hiccup,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.