Mexico
Yes, and its working fine. Excellent job by "kgsws"

1. Compiling
git clone https://github.com/kgsws/kgdoom
cd kgdoom
make LLVM_POSTFIX=-5.0
you should get kgdoom.nro

2. Pack the wad with kgdroom.nro
Create new folder in pegaswitch call it "files".
Put there kgdoom.nro and for example doom1.wad (google it)

3. Modify the pegaswitch
To run Doom, we must modify pegaswitch - start.js i prefer to make a copy and call it doom.js
by editing this file doom.js found line
app.get('/cache',' and add above this
app.use('/files', express.static(path.join(__dirname, 'files')));
Save

4. Starting the doom
Start pegaswitch by using modified start.js (doom.js)
Open new terminal type nc -v -l -p 2991
Connect your switch to pegaswitch by using Check update in switch game or by WiFi Settings your choice
type command in pegaswitch runnro /nros/ace.nro
Open new terminal and type
ncat --send-only SWITCHIP 2991 < kgdoom.nro

5. Doom should started.

By according to kgsws his port work to other dooms too. My tutorial is based on shareware Doom 1 Version.

Thanks! added to the main post

Reactions: lordelan

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! added to the main post
There's a bit of incorrect information there, such as the end process of launching the game. I'll add onto it.

1) Get Pegaswitch set up. The easiest way of doing this that I've seen at least is by following this tutorial. https://reswitchedweekly.github.io/Development-Setup/

2) Download kgdoom.nro from here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mdmyHTfvLibp5dl0RNS_IM4FBPbNtnhO
Make a folder called files inside of the pegaswitch folder and place this inside.

3) Download ace.nro from here: https://github.com/kgsws/kgdoom/raw/master/temp/ace.nro
Rename it kgdoomace.nro and place it inside of the nros folder inside of pegaswitch.

4) Pick a version of Doom you'd like to run from this list.
- to run shareware (doom1.wad), just run 'kgdoom.nro'
- to run doom 1 (doom.wad), run 'kgdoom.nro -doom'
- to run doom ultimate (doomu.wad), run 'kgdoom.nro -doomu'
- to run doom 2 (doom2.wad), run 'kgdoom.nro -doom2'
- to run plutonia (plutonia.wad), run 'kgdoom.nro -plutonia'
- to run TNT (tnt.wad), run 'kgdoom.nro -tnt'
Place the .wad you downloaded into the files folder.

5) Download kgdoom.js from here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GPON_6LdvBnMeHC5iYxSlzbozNFZAtSA
Place that file in the pegaswitch folder.

6) Turn on your Switch and open the internet settings, there should a section labeled "Connectino Status" in the settings and write down the IP to your Switch.

7) Back on your computer open terminal inside of the pegaswitch folder and type "sudo node kgdoom.js", once it's up connect your Switch to the wifi with the DNS the IP lists. Connect to Pegaswitch and wait for the debug log on the right side of terminal say "Pipe closed".

8) You're connected to your Switch type "evalfile usefulscripts/SetupNew.js" and then "runnro kgdoomace.nro" once the Switch is on a screen with just the wifi name and nothing else open another terminal window and cd to the pegaswitch folder and type "ncat SWITCHIP 2991" replacing SWITCHIP with your Switch's IP you wrote down earlier. Once you press Enter it should move a line down and not say anything. You're connected.

9) Finally type the command that's listed next to the .wad you downloaded from earlier. So if I downloaded Doom 2 (doom2.wad) I would run "exec kgdoom.nro -doom2"

Last edited by punderino,

Nezztor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
There's a bit of incorrect information there, such as the end process of launching the game. I'll add onto it.

1) Get Pegaswitch set up. The easiest way of doing this that I've seen at least is by following this tutorial. https://reswitchedweekly.github.io/Development-Setup/

2) Download kgdoom.nro from here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mdmyHTfvLibp5dl0RNS_IM4FBPbNtnhO
Make a folder called files inside of the pegaswitch folder and place this inside.

3) Download ace.nro from here: https://github.com/kgsws/kgdoom/raw/master/temp/ace.nro
Rename it kgdoomace.nro and place it inside of the nros folder inside of pegaswitch.

4) Pick a version of Doom you'd like to run from this list.
- to run shareware (doom1.wad), just run 'kgdoom.nro'
- to run doom 1 (doom.wad), run 'kgdoom.nro -doom'
- to run doom ultimate (doomu.wad), run 'kgdoom.nro -doomu'
- to run doom 2 (doom2.wad), run 'kgdoom.nro -doom2'
- to run plutonia (plutonia.wad), run 'kgdoom.nro -plutonia'
- to run TNT (tnt.wad), run 'kgdoom.nro -tnt'
Place the .wad you downloaded into the files folder.

5) Download kgdoom.js from here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1GPON_6LdvBnMeHC5iYxSlzbozNFZAtSA
Place that file in the pegaswitch folder.

6) Turn on your Switch and open the internet settings, there should a section labeled "Connectino Status" in the settings and write down the IP to your Switch.

7) Back on your computer open terminal inside of the pegaswitch folder and type "sudo node kgdoom.js", once it's up connect your Switch to the wifi with the DNS the IP lists. Connect to Pegaswitch and wait for the debug log on the right side of terminal say "Pipe closed".

8) You're connected to your Switch type "evalfile usefulscripts/SetupNew.js" and then "runnro kgdoomace.nro" once the Switch is on a screen with just the wifi name and nothing else open another terminal window and cd to the pegaswitch folder and type "ncat SWITCHIP 2991" replacing SWITCHIP with your Switch's IP you wrote down earlier. Once you press Enter it should move a line down and not say anything. You're connected.

9) Finally type the command that's listed next to the .wad you downloaded from earlier. So if I downloaded Doom 2 (doom2.wad) I would run "exec kgdoom.nro -doom2"

Thanks updated! thanks for your help

Shadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on the latest version sadly but it doesn't matter because my Switch came with the version right after the exploitable version (I don't know how to make that seem more clear). I don't really see anything that I want that badly so I guess I'm fine. We'll see how the future of this goes!

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on the latest version sadly but it doesn't matter because my Switch came with the version right after the exploitable version (I don't know how to make that seem more clear). I don't really see anything that I want that badly so I guess I'm fine. We'll see how the future of this goes!
I don't see how your post is any relevant to the topic

D

Deleted User

video and tut inbound

punderino love your efforts but the commands have problems i demonstrate in my video

xoxo hugs you da man again!

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Salty fuckbags that updated and are all >3.0.0 :)
To be fair, most people already have a device or two that can run homebrew. That alone isn't very enticing to keep your Switch on an old firmware for. I updated without any regrets, there's always my N2DS for emulators and such.

D

Deleted User

To be fair, most people already have a device or two that can run homebrew. That alone isn't very enticing to keep your Switch on an old firmware for. I updated without any regrets, there's always my N2DS for emulators and such.

when you sleep do you not dream? I dream of a device that will replace my beloved vita in 2 years and be superior in every way. If you will not contribute and are not on 1.0-3.0 why hate? What's with all the haters here bejeezus...

Here is what I did. Similar to Secret of Mana this will require elevated command prompts to be opened if you are using Windows 10 Linux Sub System. This guide assumes you know how to get pegaswitch to load and that you can run NRO's. With that said:

I used the filenames and folder locations Plunderino did because I like his syntax so:

Place kgdoom.js in your pegaswitch folder. In the pegaswitch folder create a folder called files and place your doom wad and kgdoom.nro here. Rename the ace.nro to kgdoomace.nro and place it in the nro's folder.

Open 3 elevated windows command prompts and enter bash in each.

cd to your pegaswitch folder and enter

sudo node kgdoom.js

In a different terminal enter:

nc -v -l -p 2991

Enable sdbcore and connect switch to pegaswitch. Once connected run the following command:

evalfile usefulscripts/SetupNew.js

followed by:

kgdoomace.nro

You should now have a screen where the wifi name is listed on your switch.

In the 3rd terminal:

cd to the files folder we made in the pegaswitch directory and enter the following command:

ncat --send-only 192.168.0.2 2991 < kgdoom.nro

replace your ip with mine

Last edited by ,

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
video and tut inbound

punderino love your efforts but the commands have problems i demonstrate in my video

xoxo hugs you da man again!
Alright. Yeah I'd like to see where I messed up lol. Right now the tutorial only shows how to play the free version of Doom. When you could be running Doom Ultimate, Doom 1 (full), Doom 2, etc. Also, if PegaSwitch takes too long to setup from that link. You could just use this https://gbatemp.net/threads/ubuntu-16-04-virtual-box-image-with-pegaswitch-preinstalled.489753/ but whoever made it fucked the build environment, but it works for Doom.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @AncientBoi I am really sorry for your loss +3