Homebrew Old doom port released

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Salty fuckbags that updated and are all >3.0.0 :)

Ouch indeed, guess I deserve that after all my asinine comments, I don't even care what people say to me anymore, I really should stop caring :( Fuck the Switch hacking scene, is something that I might have to end up saying then *sigh*

I mean, sure, if only I had a better, more stable job to afford a Switch on eBay, but as it stands, I'll never be able to get a second console thanks to those fucking stupid scalpers :lol: My boss won't even give me full time hours, because "reasons" so I'm stuck at this dead end job.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
D

Deleted User

Alright. Yeah I'd like to see where I messed up lol. Right now the tutorial only shows how to play the free version of Doom. When you could be running Doom Ultimate, Doom 1 (full), Doom 2, etc. Also, if PegaSwitch takes too long to setup from that link. You could just use this https://gbatemp.net/threads/ubuntu-16-04-virtual-box-image-with-pegaswitch-preinstalled.489753/ but whoever made it fucked the build environment, but it works for Doom.

Yeah in the vid i basically show how you had a typo in one cmd (very minor and easily correctable but some people lack t/s skills) and the very last command broken in the linux subsystem in windows 10 i have no clue why i show me in the right directoy and me trying to issue command but no work i switch to xoxo command and poof

In the video i discuss how we must be on our ps and qs cuz liitle kids will attempt this stuff i know its annoying but we should be as accurate as possible i know we all tired tho least i know i am

Nezztor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ouch indeed, guess I deserve that after all my asinine comments, I don't even care what people say to me anymore, I really should stop caring :( Fuck the Switch hacking scene, is something that I might have to end up saying then *sigh*

I mean, sure, if only I had a better, more stable job to afford a Switch on eBay, but as it stands, I'll never be able to get a second console thanks to those fucking stupid scalpers :lol: My boss won't even give me full time hours, because "reasons" so I'm stuck at this dead end job.

Maybe Its better for you to get more games instead of looking for another switches,that will keep you busy,and more cheap xD,for now the only worth getting is 1.0.0 for me because the trustzone code exec(emunand soon on that one) but is very hard and expensive to find one

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe Its better for you to get more games instead of looking for another switches,that will keep you busy,and more cheap xD,for now the only worth getting is 1.0.0 for me because the trustzone code exec(emunand soon on that one) but is very hard and expensive to find one

That's still no justification to call people on 4.x.x "salty f*ckbags" just because they updated, that's just a low blow, just sayin.:sad: Be that as it may, I'm just not even gonna bother with Switch hacking anymore.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

I wasn't saying that because of you lol
I was talking about that people that just get in Switch hacking related threads just to shit on those who are waiting or to say that homebrew is bs and we should just update since it's not worth it.

Don't take it personal dude, that comment wasn't directed towards you :)
Not at all.

Reactions: Nezztor

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't saying that because of you lol
I was talking about that people that just get in Switch hacking related threads just to shit on those who are waiting or to say that homebrew is bs and we should just update since it's not worth it.

Don't take it personal dude, that comment wasn't directed towards you :)
Not at all.

Oh..hmm, okay, then uh, disregard the PM I sent :P I've been feeling shitty the past couple of days, long story. Nevertheless, I think I'm done with Switch homebrew before it really began, I can't even participate.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. Yeah I'd like to see where I messed up lol. Right now the tutorial only shows how to play the free version of Doom. When you could be running Doom Ultimate, Doom 1 (full), Doom 2, etc. Also, if PegaSwitch takes too long to setup from that link. You could just use this https://gbatemp.net/threads/ubuntu-16-04-virtual-box-image-with-pegaswitch-preinstalled.489753/ but whoever made it fucked the build environment, but it works for Doom.

You're a jackass if you think the build environment is fucked but yet still it works for Doom

D

Deleted User

guys guys lets be civil here. We are going to need to work together for several months.

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
You're a jackass if you think the build environment is fucked but yet still it works for Doom
lmao holy. Build environment = PegaSwitch, The build environment is fucked, but PegaSwitch works on it, I included everything precompiled on my side so you don't have to build anything So yes, the build environment is fucked, but Doom will work perfectly as long as you're just trying to run it and not build it. Go ahead and try to use your shitter VM to compile shit. It won't because it's on a 32bit copy of Ubuntu and breaks clang entirely so you cannot build libtransistor. Maybe I got really unlucky, but a bunch of files from /sys/include were missing and linked from other directories but most programs couldn't see them.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah in the vid i basically show how you had a typo in one cmd (very minor and easily correctable but some people lack t/s skills) and the very last command broken in the linux subsystem in windows 10 i have no clue why i show me in the right directoy and me trying to issue command but no work i switch to xoxo command and poof

In the video i discuss how we must be on our ps and qs cuz liitle kids will attempt this stuff i know its annoying but we should be as accurate as possible i know we all tired tho least i know i am
Do you know the command off the top of your head? I'm too tired to watch through and find it right now lol

yardie

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lmao holy. Build environment = PegaSwitch, The build environment is fucked, but PegaSwitch works on it, I included everything precompiled on my side so you don't have to build anything So yes, the build environment is fucked, but Doom will work perfectly as long as you're just trying to run it and not build it. Go ahead and try to use your shitter VM to compile shit. It won't because it's on a 32bit copy of Ubuntu and breaks clang entirely so you cannot build libtransistor. Maybe I got really unlucky, but a bunch of files from /sys/include were missing and linked from other directories but most programs couldn't see them.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you know the command off the top of your head? I'm too tired to watch through and find it right now lol

The VM is for pegaswitch only, obviously
NOT libtransistor

Nowhere in the post said it was for libtransistor as well.

D

Deleted User

main broken command was "exec kgdoom.nro -doom2" but as xoxo said send works fine.

punderino

aka Big-PeePee Swinger
Trophies
Website
www.anus.trade
XP
Country
United States
main broken command was "exec kgdoom.nro -doom2" but as xoxo said send works fine.
What was broken in that? It should work just fine as long as you're connected to AceLoader. The doom2 part was an example if the Doom 2 wad was the one you downloaded. If you didn't have a Doom 2 wad in the files folder it'll error out. Just running send only gives you one level to play through

Gary_BBGames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone got a link for the version that works on 5.0.2
Here you go: github /aagallag/kgdoom/releases
(I’m not allowed to post links yet)

It crashes if you try to run it twice, or if you try to quit using the “quit” option from the menu in Doom.

Last edited by Gary_BBGames,

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Nice update. Why is it specifically limited to those wads? No user wads compatible?

I keep crashing. Bad wad?? :unsure:

https://imgur.com/a/t76Uy63
t76Uy63

Last edited by Purple_Shyguy,
Reactions: Reecey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone