[Opinions Wanted!] Gaming Laptops! : Razer

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there fellow Tempers! I'm relatively new to the PC side of gaming and was wondering if any of you at all have had or own a Razer laptop? I am particularly interested in owing a Razor laptop since they're well-known and aren't too pricey like predator laptops.

I've been doing much research on what type of gaming laptop I should be looking for that can play my games at medium/medium high as well as being able to do my college work and video editing (since I pay for Adobe Premiere Premium).

Games I will be playing for sure are, League of Legends, Call of Duty, Dark Souls, Overwatch, Left 4 Dead and some Happy Wheels :creep:

The laptop I'm currently hooked on buying soon is this. The Razor Blade Stealth QHD. The specs aren't overkill nor underkill imo, it seems like it would be just fine for my use (plus is well within my budget lolz) but if any on you have any suggestions or even tips, please feel more than free to share. Please don't turn this into an argument or flaming thread, I really would like some thoughtful answers! Thanks for reading!

Posghetti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to be that guy, but you could always consider a desktop, (but not if you need a laptop for class)

I have one, it's what I'm using now lol. Not any impressive killer specs, but it does what I need it to do just fine. Just want a gaming laptop since I need one and can just always hook up a monitor, keyboard and mouse to it.

Reactions: Ericthegreat

SirNapkin1334

Renound Aritst
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have one, it's what I'm using now lol. Not any impressive killer specs, but it does what I need it to do just fine. Just want a gaming laptop since I need one and can just always hook up a monitor, keyboard and mouse to it.
Actually, a desktop is often cheaper but more powerful. The best is that you can build it to your needs, so no paying too much for an overkill laptop or having a cheap but bad laptop because they didn't have something that suits you.

Posghetti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, a desktop is often cheaper but more powerful. The best is that you can build it to your needs, so no paying too much for an overkill laptop or having a cheap but bad laptop because they didn't have something that suits you.

I know this, but I need a laptop since I'm on the go alot. Out of the seven days of the week I only really get to stay home 1 day. I've been using my phone for everything else when I'm out so I want to grab a laptop.

MSI GL62M 7REX-1896US

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074VLX5XV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_KZXlAb6RACB5P

On Amazon for $899 USD right now. Gtx 1050ti with an i7 7700hq.

Razer isn't necessarily a bad brand, but you pay a hefty premium for looks.

Wow! Thanks for taking the time to look at some laptops for me! I will definitely keep this one marked, it's more expensive than the one I am currently looking at, but the specs sure are tugging at me lol.

Reactions: Kioku

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
+1 for the MSI Memoir listed, MSI makes fairly decent laptops for the most part.

Don't bother with brands like Razer or Alienware, as you're spending $1000 for pretty LEDs and brand logos and another $1000 for $400 hardware.
b-but the RGB makes it faster /s

Reactions: CrimsonMaple

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
Don't bother with a stealth for gaming. However, I will say I love my Razer Blade. I would wholeheartedly recommend an older model. But only if you require the light weight form factor. I'm a student, and I am on the go very often, so it's super convenient. If you aren't, I would recommend any of the other recommendations. Dave2d has a ton of great videos on budget gaming laptops, I'm sure you'll find one there for you.

Posghetti

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update:
I guess you could say that I'm a part of the MSI Family now! Although it isn't the MSI Memoir linked to me (which again I'm really thankful for) it is a pretty bad ass laptop overall!
I found a guy 3 cities away from me selling a MSI laptop for $950. It's the GS63 Stealth i7!

Specs (that I was told it has):
- Intel Core I7 7700HQ (2.8 GHz/3.8 Ghz Max)
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Ti - 6 GB GDDR5 SDRAM
- 16 GB DDR4 SDRAM 2400 MHz (2x8)
- 2 TB HDD 7200 RPM + 256 GB SSD M.2

I will be receiving the laptop on Thursday this week, so I'll be sure to post up pictures as well! Thank you all so much! :):)

Last edited by Posghetti,
Reactions: Kioku

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
YOU FOOL! Msi and Razer are crap companies with shotty quality at best... I would have recommended a Clevo Laptop anyday of the week since you can actually upgrade them afterwards. Too late now I guess...

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MSI GL62M 7REX-1896US

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074VLX5XV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_KZXlAb6RACB5P

On Amazon for $899 USD right now. Gtx 1050ti with an i7 7700hq.

Razer isn't necessarily a bad brand, but you pay a hefty premium for looks.

Isn't that GPU pretty much a desktop GPU inside a laptop? If so that is a rather beefy GPU, it should fare quite well methinks.
YOU FOOL! Msi and Razer are crap companies with shotty quality at best... I would have recommended a Clevo Laptop anyday of the week since you can actually upgrade them afterwards. Too late now I guess...

Dude, calm down. No need for name-calling. MSI is good, as is Lenovo, Acer and Asus; avoid Dell, HP and Compaq like the plague.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"