Hacking Overflow DualBoot 4.82 OFW/CFW .PUP - Dualboot without hardmod

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOTE: THIS DOES NOT LET YOU INSTALL CFW/DOWNGRADE ON SUPER SLIMS OR PS3s THAT ARE UNABLE TO DO SO. THIS INCLUDES PS3s ABOVE 3.55! THIS IS ALL AT YOUR OWN RISK!

NEW: UPDATED TO OVERFLOW DB 4.82. WORKS THE SAME AS PLAYERKP 4.81 DUALBOOT.

Features of this Firmware.
  • Built from 4.82 ofw.
  • Safely play disc games online with no risk of ban.
  • Lv0 isoldr security disabled.
  • Pkg verifier security disabled.
  • Gives the impression of official firmware.
  • No cfw features.
  • Can have cfw 4.82 installed onto it.
  • Can have ROGERO 9.99 downgrader installed onto it.

Properly Using DB OFW
Now that you got the PUP and the 2 HDDs you might be thinking... How can I use this properly with no ban? Well let me explain that. Insert the new HDD for OFW inside the PS3 and when it asks for the firmware file give it the DB update file. It should work and BAM you are on OFW. There is nothing CFW it is practically OFW. You mess around on OFW and now you want to go back on CFW all you need to do is turn off the PS3, insert the CFW HDD and the flash drive with the CFW you use AND MAKE SURE YOU GO STRAIGHT INTO RECOVERY MENU! Once at recovery menu install the CFW and BAM you are on CFW. After this you can go back and forth etc. MAKE SURE YOU DON'T JUST INSERT THE CFW HDD INTO THE PS3 WITHOUT GOING INTO RECOVERY AND UPDATING TO THE CFW/DB OFW. Also if I may mention while on DB OFW you can only update to a CFW on 4.82.
Download: Overflow 4.82 v2 Dual Boot WARNING: MAY CAUSE ISSUES, PLEASE USE IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!
MD5: C7B79FD45B055CE8EFFD90449814B6E6

Source

Last edited by Zero72463,

Red9419

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the info! E stata stations are expensive as heck. Luckily I have spare drives to do this. (Sticky this? It's really useful to avoid bans and such)

Reactions: Zero72463

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sound very dangerous by forget entre recovery menu side. Any risk of update and lose all homebrew?

You are supposed to have separate hdds. If you use the cfw hdd on db ofw update no homebrew will work. You will just have to install CFW, but by even having homebrew on your OFW side you are at risk of ban. This is 4.81 so as long as 4.82 etc won't come out then no risk.

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok. No risk of update the wrong thing, right?
Still do you need to install owf and cfw again every change of hds? Plus, to play online ofw you will need use your original games or backups?

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. No risk of update the wrong thing, right?
Still do you need to install owf and cfw again every change of hds? Plus, to play online ofw you will need use your original games or backups?

If you read the thread, it says this is an OFW. Only difference is it allows you to go back to a CFW anytime. NO HOMEBREW ON OFW. Only when you switch to CFW.

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yeap. I got it. You will need original games.
But I advice people to buy another ps3 to play online. Is very cheap now and you will need only switch the console. Saves time.

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so we'er getting closer to getting new ways of getting custom firm ware thats great this sounds to dangerous for me though so im going to have to avoid this

Gyulyano2015

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
It's safe to do this on a cech ps3 that came from factory with 3.55?or with 3.40 I don't remember sure but I know that now I am on 4.81 rebug and I am able to downgrade to 3.55 I did this few days ago.
Can my PS3 stuck on this 4.81 ofw? It's there any risk ?
Thanks.

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not so sure about this new "4.82" FW if it is even a thing cause I am just confused. If you are using this DualBoot I would recommend to stop using it until a new version comes out (if ever). Or if you really need to then just disable internet fully. DO NOT UPDATE ON A DUALBOOT! YOU COULD POSSIBLY LOSE THE ABILITY TO SWITCH BACK TO CFW AFTER UPDATING!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: ssssey ioBtneicnA@