• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Overpopulation isn't really much of an issue

D

Deleted User

Honestly, because of overpopulation, the fact that I probably can't properly handle the responsibility of having a child/children, and the fact that I have shitty, annoying disorders that more than likely would be passed on to my children, I refuse to have any children when I'm old enough to do so.

Last edited by ,

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I'm legit curious. As someone who would personally rather adopt a kid that faces being stuck in "the system," I just want to understand why someone would exclusively want a biological child

its like having to pick up and throw someone random's dog poop all the time, everyday for the rest of your life

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
Are you really comparing a human child to dog shit
I think what he's trying to say is that his satisfaction in caring for a child comes from feeling like he's propagating his own genetic line, and that helping someone else's child feels like taking care of someone else's problems. That impulse seems to make sense, at least from an evolutionary standpoint, even if I happen to feel otherwise. That being said, choosing to satisfy that impulse at the cost of everyone else's well-being is something I'd find distasteful.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

No, I'm legit curious. As someone who would personally rather adopt a kid that faces being stuck in "the system," I just want to understand why someone would exclusively want a biological child
Already did.

The kids I want will be my own.

You know, I wouldn't mind having an adopted son or daughter but ultimately I'd rather have a little me, with my blood, my heritage, my surname and that I could call him truly, my son. Not an adopted son, my son.

I cherish these values very much and am not going to give them up.

Coincidentally, the fictional Saiyan (I pronounce it as sah·yun rather than the American say·un) race from Dragon Ball Z are alike. :P

Reactions: gameboy

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Already did.

You know, I wouldn't mind having an adopted son or daughter but ultimately I'd rather have a little me, with my blood, my heritage, my surname and that I could call him truly, my son. Not an adopted son, my son.

I cherish these values very much and am not going to give them up.

Coincidentally, the fictional Saiyan (I pronounce it as sah·yun rather than the American say·un) race from Dragon Ball Z are alike. :P
That's fair, but... I mean, would it really be any different in practice adopting an infant and raising them as you would your own child?

Reactions: cvskid

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
That's fair, but... I mean, would it really be any different in practice adopting an infant and raising them as you would your own child?

The spreading of their genes.

While I myself think ideals are more important that is the main reason.

Anyways OP isn't a real issue. The planet can handle more people we just need to feed them all. (we could have ended world hunger a long time ago if we weren't suck dicks to one another.)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SugoiEndeavor @ SugoiEndeavor: What's up bakaz