Gaming P.o.S: WW2 semi-REVIEW

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the last time I tried to get into a call of duty game was maybe in 2011, decided to try to play this 'new' one...

Got it at 9pm on thursday, Two days later and I haven't been able to log in once. So I'll go ahead and give it a score of 0/10.

Its been too damn long of a reigning franchise to have a server 'issue'. And I'm not gonna even try its campaign mode because Im not trying to play that. I'm gonna go ahead and chalk it up as EA wanted people to play the campaign so they shut down servers. I've already seen Band of Brothers when Call of Duty Xbox360 came out in 2004 and I could care less.

The graphics look like ps3 graphics, though I doubt they get any better if I were playing on PC or ps4, its just the character models in general. Yes that's right, on a xbox1.

Since that the xbox1 was just as a colossal flop as the wiiu there shouldn't be any kind of server error for xb1 but nope, there is...

Again I'll go ahead and score it a 0/10

Graphics-ps3 graphics
Sound- typical war sounds
Gameplay- online doesn't work
Replay value- nobody wants to play a ww2 campaign for the thousandth time, unless your in your 50s or something
Control-probabaly typical clunky p.o.s. controls

PhantomChu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This review was completely and utterly pointless. It sounds like you had your mind made up about the game before you even bought it. Your only valid criticism is the server malfunctions are a bit of a pain coming from this large of a developer being Sledgehammer Games and Activision not EA. The rest of your comments are completely shallow and groundless.

Have you even seen how older call of duty titles look on old hardware, they are not very visually appealing. I am not saying that WWII has the best graphics of any game (as call of duty is not known for graphical capabilities) but they are nowhere near the level of older PS3/Xbox 360 titles.
Call-of-Duty-WWII-4.jpg

call_of_duty_ww2_e3_screen_5-600x338.jpg
black-ops-III-ps3-screenshot-2.png

hqdefault.jpg

Your next critique on the sound design of WWII is completely false, according to sledgehammer games they have meticulously captured authentic sounds from World War II weapons, equipment, vehicles, etc. See the attached video at around 2:41

The gameplay criticism of "online doesn't work" is ridiculous. They have fixed the servers (for the most part) and it plays just fine. All three modes of the Campaign, Multiplayer, and Zombies play exceptionally well. Maybe if you actually gave the game a chance you wouldn't have prematurely given it a whopping 0/10.

The "Replay Value" made me laugh.
nobody wants to play a ww2 campaign for the thousandth time, unless your in your 50s or something
Why on Earth did you decide to purchase a game called Call of Duty World War II if you had not intention of enjoying or participating in the World War II setting? The entire Call of Duty community has been waiting a while for a return to form, which means a return to World War II without advanced movement that started in Advanced Warfare.

Your next point, Control. You stated
Control-probabaly typical clunky p.o.s. controls
The key word being probably. This. You don't even know how the game plays because you haven't even played it. You gave up after seeing the servers having a little bit of trouble and jumped on the "I hate Call of Duty" bandwagon that everybody seems to love to ride these days.

I am not trying to be mean or condescending but maybe actually play the game beforehand and do some research before posting a poorly thought out and blatantly false review of a game that deserves a fair shot just as much as any other title, AAA or indie.

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My experience with call of dutyww2 so far...

Sit there and leave the console on all day periodically checking if I can sign... Nope...

Two day later, server still not fixed...
Internet connection issue? No, fiber obtic connection.

Keep in mind this review is based on cod ww2 alone, its not a comparison to any other game, and yes it does look like ps3 but with brighter colors

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Solid review, D:, I only get CoD for the campaign anways.

Thanks, when it did work there was no way to even play as a navaho man (wind talkers), or even an Asian man at that. Couldnt get past the opening customization screen because of my refusal to play anything but an Asian or native american man

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: