Hacking Pandora/MMS guide for installing CFW

belmont

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Greetings.

I have a quick question. I have a 1000 PSP with OFW 6.20 bought in day one when it was released in Europe (updated it to play some games I bought). I also have a pandora made by datel.

Can I use it to re-install CFW?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
belmont said:
Greetings.

I have a quick question. I have a 1000 PSP with OFW 6.20 bought in day one when it was released in Europe (updated it to play some games I bought). I also have a pandora made by datel.

Can I use it to re-install CFW?
Yeah

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Rydian said:
Using the files linked in your guide, the magic memory stick that pspgrader created has a different menu, and it installs 5.00 M33-4.
unsure.gif

I might have to have a look at that; the link is still to version 8, which is what I used; I'd already finished installing CFW before writing this, so maybe I need to check again.

Still, people have said it's worked without trouble.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it works, I was just noting for you to correct the instructions in your guide since they referenced different controls and a different menu layout (and said you'd end up on a different firmware version).

Jolan can confirm (we were both fucking around with downgrading from the HEN today, using pandora to restore NAND after we brick).

ProtoKun7

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How big is your screen?
huh.gif

And if possible, I can ask a staff member to follow after my edit to put in some working tags too.

ProtoKun7

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For archival purposes:

ProtoKun7 said:
The menu should show 4 options. At this point, press Square to make a NAND dump. The NAND takes up at least 66MB, plus the additional installation files, which is why it is necessary to have a Memory Stick larger than 64MB, otherwise the Memory Stick can be corrupted. After the dump, the PSP will turn off, and you can plug the Memory Stick into the computer to backup the NAND.

Put the Memory Stick back into the PSP, make sure the PSP is unplgged from the power, reinsert the battery while holding the trigger to load the service mode again, and press X to install the CFW. After this installation you can remove the battery and plug the PSP back in (or use a normal battery) and it should have 3.80 M33 installed.
ProtoKun7 said:
QUOTE(ProtoKun7 @ Jan 28 2010, 06:55 PM) At the menu, select NAND Operations and choose Dump NAND. The NAND takes up at least 66MB, plus the additional installation files, which is why it is necessary to have a Memory Stick larger than 64MB, otherwise the Memory Stick can be corrupted. After the dump, the PSP will turn off, and you can plug the Memory Stick into the computer to backup the NAND.

Put the Memory Stick back into the PSP, make sure the PSP is unplugged from the power, reinsert the battery while holding the trigger to load the service mode again, and press X to install the CFW. After this installation you can remove the battery and plug the PSP back in (or use a normal battery) and it should have 5.00 M33-4 installed.

Also fixed a typo that's been there for nearly a year..."unplgged" becomes "unplugged".

I've taken the anchor tags out for now too, on account of them not working after the edit. (
ohnoes.png
)
I'll also update the end of the guide regarding which firmware to use; I'm still on D3, but which version of Prometheus would you recommend? If Rydian has it covered I'll just link to his FAQ.
smileipb2.png

ProtoKun7

OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was referring more to telling people which firmware to use, though apart from newer game compatibility, D3 is still a good firmware.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Of the 3 we usually recommend D3 is probably the one you'd want least these days....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse