PCalc-USUM - The RNG Plugin for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by zaksabeast, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Blaze Uchiha

Blaze Uchiha GBAtemp Fan

Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    Nah, Z-Sweeper set from smogon

2. Blaze Uchiha

Blaze Uchiha GBAtemp Fan

Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    So I don't have to worry about the fidget in 3ds rng tool (this step is just a huge pain in the ass)? Just input the delay I figured out, calibrate the timeline, enter the menu until I'm a couple hundred frames then manually advance to the correct frame before intitiating the battle?

3. Blaze Uchiha

Blaze Uchiha GBAtemp Fan

Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    Quick to anyone who has the knowledge here. Do I have find my delay everytime I rng a new Pokemon or can a previously discovered delay still be the most common one? Say if I did the rng times on Mesprit to find my delay, then went after Cobalion would the delay be the same or different everytime if I'm using the same 3ds and game/save?

4. Kymsplat

Kymsplat Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2016
    United Kingdom
    London
    Normally its different between each mon/area. It can be the same in some situations, but its best to just do a test encounter on a very early frame to determine delay and go as you would normally. It is RNG after all xD

Blaze Uchiha likes this.
  5. Blaze Uchiha

Blaze Uchiha GBAtemp Fan

Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    just one is all I need to do? btw love your vids, very intuitive :P

Kymsplat likes this.
  6. Blaze Uchiha

Blaze Uchiha GBAtemp Fan

Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    Last edited by Blaze Uchiha, Jan 7, 2018
    Kymsplat likes this.
  7. lycilla

lycilla Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2017
    United States
    no no no no for different saves you have to test again for each mon in worm holes

Last edited by lycilla, Jan 7, 2018
  8. Kymsplat

Kymsplat Member

Newcomer
    May 16, 2016
    United Kingdom
    London
    It depends really. Sometimes it's pretty easy to find the delay and you'll only have to do a few encounters, however you'll want to do delay testing for each encounter since it changes between each legendary/area. I find that the legendaries take considerably more test encounters then the wild encounter method. Most normal areas I can find the delay in 1 or 2 encounters, where as legendaries can vary between 0 to 10+ encounters depending on how well my brain is processing math xD. Basically it's always best and time saving to do a few test encounters even if you have a pretty good idea what the delay will be :)

Also to note the delay I am talking about is an artificial and user unique delay in frames, and not the delay you put into the actual program. There are presets for that and also guides dotted around which detail delay/npc count etc if that's what your talking about.

Blaze Uchiha likes this.
  9. Blaze Uchiha

Blaze Uchiha GBAtemp Fan

Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    I've looked at pretty much every guide I've found, but none that I've seen go into detail about this too much. If you know where to find a good one, could you link it here?

10. Blaze Uchiha

Blaze Uchiha GBAtemp Fan

Feb 6, 2016
    United States
  11. Reaga

Reaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 31, 2013
    United States
    Man I gotta get those other 100 mon for that Shiny Charm sometime

12. Blaze Uchiha

Blaze Uchiha GBAtemp Fan

Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    believe me when I say, this isn't typical even with shiny charm(it still took me like a week of rnging for me to get Mesprit and I still think I got lucky on that one, since I was trying to find my delay and it was 0 frames off on the time I did it). I ultimately had 22 frames in a row with this last one though, some of them were cut off in the screenshot. This is only like the third time it's happened to me lol

13. Reaga

Reaga GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 31, 2013
    United States
  14. lycilla

lycilla Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2017
    United States
    https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonrng/comments/7iqd1y/usum_wormhole_stationary_rng_guide/

edit: please don't follow any other guide for wormhole things (besides xurkitree/nihilego those are somewhat stable and still being worked on) this guide has been approved by the developers of pcalc

GilgameshArcher likes this.
  15. Blaze Uchiha

Blaze Uchiha GBAtemp Fan

Feb 6, 2016
    United States
    I've already seen this one. One thing though, can you skip the fidget box if you open the menu? What exactly causes the delay or what does it account for? Understanding it better will help people grasp that concept.

16. lycilla

lycilla Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2017
    United States
    it fidgets if you dont move your character, yea you c an skip the fidget box by just leaving it at 0 or unchecking it. the custom delay if thats what you're talking about is different on each save and is save related.

17. AyanamiRei0

AyanamiRei0 GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.

GBAtemp Patron
    AyanamiRei0 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    England I guess
    Lightyear counter?

18. lycilla

lycilla Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2017
    United States
    for ultra worm hole ride