Homebrew PCalc-USUM - The RNG Plugin for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone having trouble RNG-ing currently (bear with me, and my poor description skillz.... just got back from a retail shift [Black Friday])

Also, I'm mentioning @lycilla because they asked (Also, black friday went great, thank you! :) )

So if you know how to RNG regularly, you do the same exact thing. (Get the shiny frame from the seed, and hit "A" [or if you're confronting a regular legendary, inch as close to it as you can without getting the "!" trigger, and save. Then when you're at the seed for the shiny, hit Up + Start to go forard and trigger the battle])

Odds are, they won't be shiny. So you go to the RNG tool and input the stats of the pokemon you ran into. Let's say you were aiming for frame 1090. Maybe the pokemon you ran into was on frame 1092. That would give a delay of "+2". So keep doing this and you'll begin to see a "most common" delay number. Let's say you did this ten times and you got these for the delays:

+2
+1
+2
+1
+3
+2
+2
+2
+2
+2

Then you can see the most common delay is "+2" (It differs for everyone, maybe only on legendaries though because you probably won't be as close or far as the next person to the point in which you trigger the battle.

So now you've got your "most common delay"...

So now you see the box that says, "Consider Delay". Let's say its default is 158. Since your "most common delay" is +2, you'd add 2 to that making it now 160. That will compensate and when you try again, you are INCREDIBLY LIKELY to run into a shiny. I say "increidbly likely" because as you can see, only "most of the time", through experiment, your delays have been +2. There have been other delays. So keep trying on the +2, in this scenerio. You'll have a VERY good chance (85-90%) of getting the shiny. If it's not shiny, keep trying with the "most common delay" added to the already-existing "consider delay number.

Also, if you're on ULTRA sun or moon, (just because apparently frames can mess up with so much going on at once) as soon as you start the game, open the main menu with "X" (now you're on the bottom screen - this limits the amount of shit going on in the top screen, effectively eliminating your character's twitches and mannerisms, eliminating the frame issues") Get to about (if your shiny frame is now 2084) ~ -150 or so of that number (so that'd be 1934) and pause the frames (this gives you enough time to do the following) - unpause the game and QUICKLY press B to exit the Bottom Screen menu and repause the game (since you'll be at roughly 100 frames prior to the shiny frame now, your character won't have enough time to be a douche with his twitches and shit) and repause the game when you're about on the shiny frame, itself. Now you're on the shiny frame, (you've also compensated because of the previous steps) and press A (for ultra beasts) or Up + Start (for Legendaries) to unpause from the frame and enter the battle. ~90% chance it'll be shiny.

Confusing AF, I know.

And if you're still having some issues, this dude said to use the timeline method, which can be explained here:

7U05Nf0.png

(Note: When he said "Can also Right-Click on this frame and "Set as Current frame", he goof'd and meant to say "Set as STARTING frame") The note within his picture is that last thing I tried to explain, above.

Also, before starting the timeline prossess, make sure the NPC count actually says 1 (Or whatever it updates into after a few seconds of playing the game) just to be sure that the correct frame skips work

Ka-chiiiiing.

If you want me to try to explain better, please let me know. I'm mentally poopie. Let me know if you have any Q's.
So I don't have to worry about the fidget in 3ds rng tool (this step is just a huge pain in the ass)? Just input the delay I figured out, calibrate the timeline, enter the menu until I'm a couple hundred frames then manually advance to the correct frame before intitiating the battle?

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick to anyone who has the knowledge here. Do I have find my delay everytime I rng a new Pokemon or can a previously discovered delay still be the most common one? Say if I did the rng times on Mesprit to find my delay, then went after Cobalion would the delay be the same or different everytime if I'm using the same 3ds and game/save?

Kymsplat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quick to anyone who has the knowledge here. Do I have find my delay everytime I rng a new Pokemon or can a previously discovered delay still be the most common one? Say if I did the rng times on Mesprit to find my delay, then went after Cobalion would the delay be the same or different everytime if I'm using the same 3ds and game/save?

Normally its different between each mon/area. It can be the same in some situations, but its best to just do a test encounter on a very early frame to determine delay and go as you would normally. It is RNG after all xD

Reactions: Blaze Uchiha

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normally its different between each mon/area. It can be the same in some situations, but its best to just do a test encounter on a very early frame to determine delay and go as you would normally. It is RNG after all xD
just one is all I need to do? btw love your vids, very intuitive :P

Reactions: Kymsplat

Kymsplat

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
just one is all I need to do? btw love your vids, very intuitive :P

It depends really. Sometimes it's pretty easy to find the delay and you'll only have to do a few encounters, however you'll want to do delay testing for each encounter since it changes between each legendary/area. I find that the legendaries take considerably more test encounters then the wild encounter method. Most normal areas I can find the delay in 1 or 2 encounters, where as legendaries can vary between 0 to 10+ encounters depending on how well my brain is processing math xD. Basically it's always best and time saving to do a few test encounters even if you have a pretty good idea what the delay will be :)

Also to note the delay I am talking about is an artificial and user unique delay in frames, and not the delay you put into the actual program. There are presets for that and also guides dotted around which detail delay/npc count etc if that's what your talking about.

Reactions: Blaze Uchiha

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It depends really. Sometimes it's pretty easy to find the delay and you'll only have to do a few encounters, however you'll want to do delay testing for each encounter since it changes between each legendary/area. I find that the legendaries take considerably more test encounters then the wild encounter method. Most normal areas I can find the delay in 1 or 2 encounters, where as legendaries can vary between 0 to 10+ encounters depending on how well my brain is processing math xD. Basically it's always best and time saving to do a few test encounters even if you have a pretty good idea what the delay will be :)

Also to note the delay I am talking about is an artificial and user unique delay in frames, and not the delay you put into the actual program. There are presets for that and also guides dotted around which detail delay/npc count etc if that's what your talking about.
I've looked at pretty much every guide I've found, but none that I've seen go into detail about this too much. If you know where to find a good one, could you link it here?

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man I gotta get those other 100 mon for that Shiny Charm sometime
believe me when I say, this isn't typical even with shiny charm(it still took me like a week of rnging for me to get Mesprit and I still think I got lucky on that one, since I was trying to find my delay and it was 0 frames off on the time I did it). I ultimately had 22 frames in a row with this last one though, some of them were cut off in the screenshot. This is only like the third time it's happened to me lol

lycilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've looked at pretty much every guide I've found, but none that I've seen go into detail about this too much. If you know where to find a good one, could you link it here?
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonrng/comments/7iqd1y/usum_wormhole_stationary_rng_guide/

edit: please don't follow any other guide for wormhole things (besides xurkitree/nihilego those are somewhat stable and still being worked on) this guide has been approved by the developers of pcalc

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://www.reddit.com/r/pokemonrng/comments/7iqd1y/usum_wormhole_stationary_rng_guide/

edit: please don't follow any other guide for wormhole things (besides xurkitree/nihilego those are somewhat stable and still being worked on) this guide has been approved by the developers of pcalc
I've already seen this one. One thing though, can you skip the fidget box if you open the menu? What exactly causes the delay or what does it account for? Understanding it better will help people grasp that concept.

lycilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already seen this one. One thing though, can you skip the fidget box if you open the menu? What exactly causes the delay or what does it account for? Understanding it better will help people grasp that concept.
it fidgets if you dont move your character, yea you c an skip the fidget box by just leaving it at 0 or unchecking it. the custom delay if thats what you're talking about is different on each save and is save related.

The_Chaotician

Hoist the Colours!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It pains me to say that my drive for RNG is slowly coming to a halt. I've been troubleshooting my tools for around two weeks now and still no closer to solving my issues, so I'm here at your mercy to help me get back on track.

So, Ultra Wormhole Legendary Pokemon...

I have managed to RNG the following shinies with flawless spreads, using 3DSRNGTool 0.9.9.1 and PCalc 0.2.0. UM v1.1, New 3DS with Clock+L2 enabled (more on this shortly). If it matters I have the no outlines patch enabled too.

- HP Ice Nihilego
- HP Fire Nihilego
- Entei
- Zekrom
- Regigigas
- Cobalion

I'm confident that all of these needed an adjustment on the default values given in 3DSRNGTool, my offset was -4 for most if not all of the above. Found using the timeline 2.0 functionality, accounting for fidget and finding low shiny frames to confirm delay.

Easy Peasy.

Since updating to 3DSRNGTool 0.9.9.2 and PCalc 0.3.0, I've had a long string of unsuccessful attempts at saved encounters that Ive backed up. I've hit a shiny frame 3 times in a row with a consistent delay for my Cresselia enounter, but when I try and hit a more advanced spread that requires a waiting time, my timeline 2.0 shifts and i miss it. Ive confirmed my delay to be anywhere between 140 and 170 but this seems very variable compared to my successful attempts above. My Nihilego were both over 30 hours waiting time and hit both with no trouble. The only similar scenario i can recall was Kyogre on aS - took me nearly three weeks to hit the spread i wanted, and i only did so because I enabled Clock+L2. Any advice is welcome, but i also have 2 questions:

- Does it matter what Rotom Dex is doing? i.e. showing world map or waiting for a response to a question?
- Does pressing or holding Up + Start make a difference? I assume no difference between Start and A.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Water park was quite fun
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Water park was quite fun