Homebrew PCalc-USUM - The RNG Plugin for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

FrenchGaudi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Waiting 10 1/2 hours for this, I realize I need a dedicated game for PID Egg breeding while the others get shiny charms. If it's the same as SM, the PID egg RNG method is quicker than relying on Masuda method and the shiny charm. Still, worth the wait.

Great job man! How did you do it? I mean i see 6 npc while 3 ds rng tools tells me with stakataka there's only one!

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THey do though. At least Nihilego does. People in the discord were talking about it being broken.

Then assume that setting always has to be selected? I haven't actually tried out all the RNG events. I had problems with Lunala, and have just nailed down at least Uxie.

Great job man! How did you do it? I mean i see 6 npc while 3 ds rng tools tells me with stakataka there's only one!

Follow what 3DSRNGTools says, it's always 1 NPC, and find a spot where nobody is present. For example, a patch of grass between the karate guy and ace trainer.

FrenchGaudi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Then assume that setting always has to be selected? I haven't actually tried out all the RNG events. I had problems with Lunala, and have just nailed down at least Uxie.

Follow what 3DSRNGTools says, it's always 1 NPC, and find a spot where nobody is present. For example, a patch of grass between the karate guy and ace trainer.

Thanks a bunch!!! It was so easy after all...

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yes, I've heard the people are working on a fix. I got shiny zekrom, poipole and lileep (fossil) using rng

Reactions: RustInPeace

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SO on the discord they're saying that UBs and Legends are bugged. I got a shiny Zekrom using this method last night but it's not working for articuno...

They say add or subtract (it's a lottery...) 2 from your given frame and go for that frame instead. So if it's 1601, go for 1599 or 1603 to get the shiny and one of those two will be shiny, but like I said... it's a lottery.

Any way they can fix this to make it the EXACT frame? It's really bothersome.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SO on the discord they're saying that UBs and Legends are bugged. I got a shiny Zekrom using this method last night but it's not working for articuno...

They say add or subtract (it's a lottery...) 2 from your given frame and go for that frame instead. So if it's 1601, go for 1599 or 1603 to get the shiny and one of those two will be shiny, but like I said... it's a lottery.

Any way they can fix this to make it the EXACT frame? It's really bothersome.

It might be due to using the circle pad to move the character. In XY, there's the Kanto birds, and it will always be the exact frame when moving up and unpausing the game to trigger the encounter, because in those games you moved at a grid with the D-pad. Gen 7 took out the movement with the D-pad, so here it's never consistent. For me and Uxie, I found a consistency in being 12 frames behind. It's trial and error, and I don't think it can be fixed. Unless there's a cheat that makes you use the D-pad to move a character.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but
It might be due to using the circle pad to move the character. In XY, there's the Kanto birds, and it will always be the exact frame when moving up and unpausing the game to trigger the encounter, because in those games you moved at a grid with the D-pad. Gen 7 took out the movement with the D-pad, so here it's never consistent. For me and Uxie, I found a consistency in being 12 frames behind. It's trial and error, and I don't think it can be fixed. Unless there's a cheat that makes you use the D-pad to move a character.
the people said it was broken and it hasn't worked for me. I go up and unpause on the exact same frame

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry
I only half read that and so would going 12 frames behind be a good way to do it? It worked well on the exact frame with Zekrom

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think subtracting 12 is a good idea. I was trying to RNG a shiny Latios and got her, I hit the correct frame on the encounter but the one I actually got was about 12-14 frames after the one I was targeting. So I still got the shiny, just not the spread I was aiming for though the spread was showing in the encounter table so I know the RNG was correct. I even walked up as close as I could with literally a baby step to activate the encounter.... Meh

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but

the people said it was broken and it hasn't worked for me. I go up and unpause on the exact same frame

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry

I only half read that and so would going 12 frames behind be a good way to do it? It worked well on the exact frame with Zekrom

That's the thing, it's not consistent, I doubt it's always 12, trial and error. I'm used to that with Gen 6 RNG as a bunch of legends had delays you had to calculate yourself (Regis and Groudon/Kyogre).

Last edited by RustInPeace,

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[QUOTE="Thirty3Three, post: 7701359, member: 326074]

That's the thing, it's not consistent, I doubt it's always 12, trial and error. I'm used to that with Gen 6 RNG as a bunch of legends had delays you had to calculate yourself (Regis and Groudon/Kyogre).[/QUOTE]
Damn so there should be some sort of way to calculate this... provided we're standing at the right distance away from the "spot", right?

Stoned

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Whit 1 Step Moving? or How?

Edit After Many Test´s this is Easy First Try for Shiny Frame after Normal Frame Tests and Done

2gR4iU6.png

Last edited by Stoned,
Reactions: GilgameshArcher

lycilla

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Thirty3Three When did you press a to encounter the UBS? right when you hit the frame, or a little before? Irc they still have a small animation even if you encountered them once already.

Edit: And I assume you have to hit safe timeline for shinies for ubs/ultra worm hole legends?

Last edited by lycilla,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: test what?