Hacking Pin layout of Switch's game card?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
unless you use '/s', I'll automatically assume you're a dumbass.

The only dumbass here is you who cannot even comprehend sarcasm where it's very obviously used. If you actually paid attention to how I constructed my message, and who I quoted and what they said it's very fucking obvious.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
The only dumbass here is you who cannot even comprehend sarcasm where it's very obviously used. If you actually paid attention to how I constructed my message, and who I quoted and what they said it's very fucking obvious.
relax guys, gals and whatevs.
to be fair when i first read your message i didn't knew it was sarcasm as well, but i had read it twice and yeah, it was sarcasm.
but calm down guys :(

@smiba got an ETA when you get the game and have time to make the project? i am interesting in seing the PCB of the games

Reactions: nobody231

smiba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
relax guys, gals and whatevs.
@smiba got an ETA when you get the game and have time to make the project? i am interesting in seing the PCB of the games

The seller will send out the package tomorrow, knowing the mail system around here it will probably arrive in 2-3 days from now
After that I'll start slow and move towards more aggressive techniques to try and keep the cartridge in good shape.

ETA can be set at 4 days from now for the pictures

ItsTheWolf

Splatoon 2 Addict
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
When it's arrived...
Throw it!!! Throw it down from some high place!!!
Taste it!!! Chew it!!!
Smash it!!! With a hammer!!!
If it hasn't broken yet...
Crack it open!!! carefully...
Then taste its internal!!!!!
For science!!!

Reactions: firke_the_one

Randamin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way I'm thinking of how to crack open a switch cart without damage is by using a thin, superheated wire such as that of a cheese slicer in an effort to melt the exterior of the plastic while maintaining the inside PCB intact.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The way I'm thinking of how to crack open a switch cart without damage is by using a thin, superheated wire such as that of a cheese slicer in an effort to melt the exterior of the plastic while maintaining the inside PCB intact.
Going slightly off-topic here, but the Norwegians invented the best cheese slicer ever :wub:

As for opening the cart, if you don't have a wire you could probably heat a needle held with pliers and slowly melting away at the seams.

smiba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Going slightly off-topic here, but the Norwegians invented the best cheese slicer ever :wub:

As for opening the cart, if you don't have a wire you could probably heat a needle held with pliers and slowly melting away at the seams.

I'll see what I can do, the heated wire or needle technique sounds quite well. Although I could probably just use my 0.3mm micro soldering iron as its thin enough, would need to clean off the burned plastic residue after it though

EDIT:

Yeah the 0.3mm soldering iron definitely is the way to go!

6UDp3GG.jpg

Last edited by smiba,
Reactions: Issac

bennyman123abc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll see what I can do, the heated wire or needle technique sounds quite well. Although I could probably just use my 0.3mm micro soldering iron as its thin enough, would need to clean off the burned plastic residue after it though

EDIT:

Yeah the 0.3mm soldering iron definitely is the way to go!

6UDp3GG.jpg
Don't melt BOTW! :sad:

smiba

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lets move up the ETA to right now!

O6Pwent.jpg

Time to get this bad boy open

--

UPDATE:

Tough one to open, it has lots of very thick and strong plastic.

But I managed! I'll post pictures and some other information later today in a new thread so its a bit more clearer.

5eD2tTU.jpg

(One hint: It only has 1 chip and 4 capacitors)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: