Tutorial  Updated

Play Zelda BOTW with All DLC for FREE without CFW

It's confirmed. It works!

This guide uses the FREE DLC "Language pack" to do the trick. You need download it on eshop.

In this tutorial I'll show you how to play Zelda BOTW with all DLCs unlocked without start a CFW or something for this. It should work with others games with multiple DLC like MK8, Wii Sports Club, Super Smash Bros, Hyrule Warriors and others. Of course you need a legit DLC from game you want to play.

For Super Smash Bros detail follow this link:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...-without-cfw-or-aocpatcher-on-sysnand.464178/

For MK8 detail follow this link:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-play-mario-kart-8-with-all-dlc-for-free-without-cfw.464407/#post-7173356

What you need:
  • Zelda BOTW "Language Pack" downloaded from eshop. You need the latest update and download it from game options (needs a legit DLC)
  • Mocha CFW, Haxchi CFW, or any other (just in the beginning)
  • WiiU App Store (or Tik2SD + FTPiiU_Everywhere + WUP Installer GX2 +
    Mocha CFW + Homebrew Launcher
    )
  • WiiU USB Helper
  • SD Card
  • PC
  • Hex Editor (HxD for Windows)
1 - First if you have any illegitimate Zelda BOTW DLC installed, just delete it using using Data manager on WiiU Config
2 - Download the DLC on eshop
3 - Make sure your SD card is formatted in FAT32
4 - Download the DLC of Zelda BOTW of your region with WiiU USB Helper and put it in your SD card in na folder called "install" in the root.
5 - Go to Homebrew Launcher and choose App Store or go to wiiubru.com/go on you browser and choose App Store. If you don't know what's Homebrew Launcher is give a look in this guide (parts I, II and III) and choose start App Store.
6 - In App Store Download Tik2SD + FTPiiU_Everywhere + WUP Installer GX2 + Mocha CFW + Homebrew Launcher
7 - Launch Homebrew Launcher and go to Mocha_CFW (use default options). Then go to WUP Installer GX2 and choose install the DLC of Zelda BOTW you just download wherever is your game (nand or USB).
8 - Back to Homebrew Launcher, go to Tik2SD and backup your tickets. Put your SD in PC and look at tik2sd folder. Open keys.txt and search where your Zelda BOTW DLC is installed. The name you need to search is 0005000c101c9400 or 0005000c101c9500 or 0005000c101c9300.
9 - Now it's time for hex editing.
Use the link from www.marcrobledo.com/wiiu-tik-fixer/ (thanks @marc_max )
open the folder and in tik2sd wich the ticket from you game is , than drop on the site above, you gonna see 2 tickets, click in fix, and download the file , than go to step 10.
If you want to do manually, then thanks to @Rahzadan we have a VERY detailed tutorial for it. Go to this thread and after the hex editing go to step 10 below.
If you followed the @Rahzadan tutorial or used the @marc_max website above, go to step 10. I'll keep this part only for log
purpose.

Locate your ticket in your SD card according with keys.txt. Open with an hex editor (in my case it's on 0009 folder and the name is 00000015.tik. Backup the ticket.

Look that you gonna have 2x finds in the key.txt file. In my case 0009/00000015.tik@0x6a0 and 0009/00000015.tik@0x0. The number after the "@" shows where the ticket starts inside the tik file. It means probably the fake ticket is in beginning of tik (0x0) file and my legit ticket starts in 0x6a0 (note is in hexadecimal).

The fake ticket is like this, a lot of same numbers:

2MSoJA9.png

In this case it shows SSB ticket, but for Zelda BOTW ticket is the same thing, just another Game ID.

Pay attention in the blue highlight. It shows the game ID. If it says a number other than 0005000c101c9400 or 0005000c101c9500 or 0005000c101c9300 it means the ticket is from another game!

The trick here is swap the fake ticket with the legit ticket, that way the legit ticket always come first in the tik file! This picture can demonstrate what I mean:
rVtT6FJ.png

In this case it shows SSB ticket, but for Zelda BOTW ticket is the same thing.

Maybe there's another game ticket inside the tik file, maybe not. Anyway, just copy and past with your hex editor the fake ticket with the legit ticket. Pay attention and don't touch other game tickets in the tik file!

If your legit ticket comes first you don't need swap the tickets! You already can play with all DLC unlocked! I believe it can happens if you download the free DLC after install the fake DLC.

After the swap save your ticket in your PC.
10 - Now put your SD back in WiiU. Open Homebrew Launcher and launch FTPiiU_everywhere (make sure you had launch Mocha CFW or other CFW before that)
11 - Go to your Zelda BOTW ticket location inside WiiU memory using a FTP browser like FileZilla or even Windows Explorer with the IP of your WiiU. Its in "storage_slc/rights/ticket/apps/xxxx/xxx.tik". Replace that ticket with the one you just modified.
12 - Open your Zelda BOTW game and enjoy play with all contents without CFW!

TL;DR: Download the free DLC, install all DLC packet with a fake ticket, locate your ticket inside WiiU, swap the legit ticket with the fake ticket inside the tik file so that the legit ticket appears first.

Thank to @nexusmtz and @Madridi

Last edited by raphamotta,

arabtm

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
wow! this is brilliant! and I didn't even know we could do this until yesterday.
so, I quickly tried it, knowing that DLC pack 2 is already out, and it works perfectly. all DLC are now installed and can be played without CFW. thanks!!!!

Highter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can't get it to work after DLC 2, the game keeps saying the DLC files are corrupted, even though they work while in CFW. Also checked the ticket on Wii U, and seems as it should too. Any solutions?

EDIT: It seems the tik keeps resorting itself after I restart my console.

Last edited by Highter,

SgtP3pp3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't get it to work after DLC 2, the game keeps saying the DLC files are corrupted, even though they work while in CFW. Also checked the ticket on Wii U, and seems as it should too. Any solutions?

EDIT: It seems the tik keeps resorting itself after I restart my console.

I'm getting the same message about the corrupted DLC and it works with CFW. Do i need to do the ticket swap again?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, this is probably just the ticket order which changed.
though, the message you quoted is saying that the ticket order is set back after each reboot. not sure if everyone else has the same problem.

or launch a signature patcher before playing, even if this thread is all about playing with doing that.

Last edited by Cyan,

bubulle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, this is probably just the ticket order which changed.
though, the message you quoted is saying that the ticket order is set back after each reboot. not sure if everyone else has the same problem.

or launch a signature patcher before playing.

For me it worked perfectly; I just installed the game update with wiiuUsb helper then the online eshop dlc with nuupatcher... The true ticket was not swapped again with the fake one : no need to change them again!

Reactions: Cyan

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to repeat how downloading the new Zelda DLC works for me. It has always worked this way:
  1. Launch the game using NNU Patcher (since I never updated to the 5.5.2 browser). The game update downloads and installs.
  2. The game starts. I get an alert saying my DLC is out of date, and until I launch the eShop to update it, my DLC content won't appear.
  3. I launch the eShop from the alert, and it takes me to the Zelda DLC page and has a button to buy it for $19.99.
  4. I return to the Wii U home menu, closing everything, without doing anything else in the eShop.
  5. I relaunch Zelda, and it automatically downloads and installs the latest version of the DLC.
Edit: To be clear, of course, this only works if you did the ticket swap method sometime before. I did the ticket swap method back when the language pack first came out, and this is how it has always worked since then.

Last edited by Lacius,

Guillaumehelp

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I followed the instructions and it does not work I do not understand why (I also tried for Mario Kart) I have a console "eur"
please help !!! :'(

Guillaumehelp

Trophies
XP
Country
France
just try it, and read carefully....its work!!!

I did it and redo it but it does not work if I'm on mocha he tells me that the account that bought the dlc was suprimer and yet I worked well at the tiker exchange

I do not understand what I'm doing wrong

1) download and install the dlc language
2) launch mocha
3) install the dlc no legit
4) recover the tiker's location
5) Recovered tiker pass it in the tiker fixer
6) replace it in the console

and me well it does not work

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to repeat how downloading the new Zelda DLC works for me. It has always worked this way:
  1. Launch the game using NNU Patcher (since I never updated to the 5.5.2 browser). The game update downloads and installs.
  2. The game starts. I get an alert saying my DLC is out of date, and until I launch the eShop to update it, my DLC content won't appear.
  3. I launch the eShop from the alert, and it takes me to the Zelda DLC page and has a button to buy it for $19.99.
  4. I return to the Wii U home menu, closing everything, without doing anything else in the eShop.
  5. I relaunch Zelda, and it automatically downloads and installs the latest version of the DLC.
Edit: To be clear, of course, this only works if you did the ticket swap method sometime before. I did the ticket swap method back when the language pack first came out, and this is how it has always worked since then.

worked like a charm.

Reactions: nintendoom

brkun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
worked like a charm.

said too early.

Got an error in the middle of the download; Tried again a few times and same error in th same point. Deleted all the DLC on the console and now i am gonna do all over again. Oh boy.

suzsuzuki

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
said too early.

Got an error in the middle of the download; Tried again a few times and same error in th same point. Deleted all the DLC on the console and now i am gonna do all over again. Oh boy.
I have this error because the internet connection. Connected to my neighbor internet and the download was ok :rofl:

Dan-the-Rebirth

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
At the end I got everything to work, but I had to run mocha before I could access via ftp.

Why? I tried running haxchi but that didn't work (start haxchi ds game => homemenu => launch hbl by starting the haxchi DS game and holding a => start ftpiiu

testing123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to everyone who has given advice in this thread.

So I have an unhacked Wii U on 5.5.2 and a Zelda disc.

I want to hack it to play the DLC.

1. How would I get my zelda savegame off the Wii U before hacking?

2. If Zelda is the only game I really intend to play, do I have to do the complicated hack or just the channel based one?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you don't need to get your savegame off the wiiu before hacking, as hacking doesn't delete anything.
your savegame will be available all the time.

But if you want to do it anyway, there are two homebrew to manage your savegames.
One (saviine) requires a server on your computer, the savegame is copied to/from your computer.
The other (SaveMii) requires a CFW to patch your firmware first, the savegame is copied to/from your SD, and allows multi-slots to store multiple backup per game.

no idea what you call "complicated hack".
you have two main choices :
install a channel which can be used offline to patch the console every time you reboot to enable DLC (haxchi channel for example, or CBHC if you want to automate the patching process at console boot) ;
OR
follow this guide to not need any CFW (patched firmware) before launching the game.

Haxchi : boot -> haxchi -> play
CBHC : boot -> play
this guide : boot->play, no modification done to the console's firmware

So, if you call haxchi or CBHC the "complicated hack", then no, it's not needed and you can follow this tutorial instead.
if you call this tutorial the "complicated hack" to not need signature patched firmware after each reboot, then follow haxchi or cbhc install guides instead and all the games and dlc will work without worrying anymore.

A third option would be to not install haxchi or cbhc channel, not follow this guide, but you'll have to do the browserhax to launch a signature patcher program every time you want to launch the game.

boot -> browser -> homebrew launcher -> signature patcher -> play

Last edited by Cyan,

Xen0

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just to make sure I don´t destroy anything...
My HDD is free from any hacking and it only contains real games and more important savedata. Is there a risk to lose them somehow by installing the DLC with WUP Installer GX2 to the HDD? Game is on Disc if that matters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1