Hacking Question playing backups possible now?

SirGray

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol thanks guys, good idea to stay at 3.0.0 then? I can already run emulators on my wii u. So I might just leave the switch in the box for now.

Hondyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dont really have a wiiu but i do have a 3ds and i can pretty much do what i want, like snes and stuff. So lets just wait patiently to the time we can do this hacking process in a clear way. Until then, i ll be sitting on the 4.1.0

D

Deleted User

-snip-

@OP, currently, it is not possible. Do not update at all if you are on 3.0.0 as it is compatible with SciresM's current kernel exploit (yet to be shown but he is reputable enough to believe it). I recommend reading up and joining ReSwitched's discord if you have not already.

FliP0x

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
-snip-

@OP, currently, it is not possible. Do not update at all if you are on 3.0.0 as it is compatible with SciresM's current kernel exploit (yet to be shown but he is reputable enough to believe it). I recommend reading up and joining ReSwitched's discord if you have not already.

The toxicity on GBAtemp is kinda sad.

To throw in some heat: I bought by 3ds back in the day to run 3ds backups on it. I bought the switch for the same reason. I can play emulators elsewhere, and they will most likely run better than on the switch.
I don't need portable linux either, and even if I needed it, I'd run it on my phone rather than on the switch.

The goal of hacking scenes is to be able to run backups in the end, whether you like it or not. If you just enjoy homebrew, that is great, but there is no need to attack those that are waiting for the possibility to play backups.

It's like saying "We all like sports. I prefer football. Those of you that like basketball should s my d."

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Please refrain from responding unless you're answering the topic starter's question and/or any follow-up questions that might appear. GBAtemp is not an imageboard and posting jokes/mocking people will be treated as offtopic content.

Super.Nova

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
@SirGray since many would attempt to ruin your question with retarded jokes, let me sum it up for you...

There a 2 different teams working on hacking the Switch at the moment to enable modding (so no backup loading with them for the longer while).
And then there's team Xecuter with 2 types of hardmods (solder and solderless) that will most surely enable backup loading.

First two teams will likely release their software mods for free but limited to specific Switch software version.
Hardmods are claimed to work on all softwares (and I believe future updates as well) but will cost you.

Hope that's a good answer for your question.

Reactions: Madridi

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@SirGray since many would attempt to ruin your question with retarded jokes, let me sum it up for you...

There a 2 different teams working on hacking the Switch at the moment to enable modding (so no backup loading with them for the longer while).
And then there's team Xecuter with 2 types of hardmods (solder and solderless) that will most surely enable backup loading.

First two teams will likely release their software mods for free but limited to specific Switch software version.
Hardmods are claimed to work on all softwares (and I believe future updates as well) but will cost you.

Hope that's a good answer for your question.

Can be patched via hardware revision. What's the other "team" TX is the only ones that will release something, if your referring to FOF, they won't release anything, even if it's a free solution. FOF is strictly against piracy, why would they release it for free to the masses?

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Can be patched via hardware revision. What's the other "team" TX is the only ones that will release something, if your referring to FOF, they won't release anything, even if it's a free solution. FOF is strictly against piracy, why would they release it for free to the masses?
another hacker can still find the flaw fof is using.

Super.Nova

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
As I recall, Fail0verflow are indeed against piracy but pro modding and developing; warranting a release.
Maybe I'm wrong, though, as I myself don't tend to trust my memory that often :toot:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4