Hacking Playstation Vita Hacking News/Overview/FAQ

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
THX but i knew this already.. i mean, HENkaku is not permanent okey but TaiHEN is a CFW or isnt it? ...

I ask it differently: Is there now a permanent hack like a CFW for the vita?
thx!

No, the recent taiHENkaku update doesn't make it permanent. However HENkaku is now open source, which means that more hackers will be able to work with it. If there is enough interest and some good developments I don't doubt that we could get a more permanent CFW in the future! :)

Reactions: Chrisser_75

wzzzzt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am an idiot and don't know where to get 6.61 plugins for Adrenaline. I have a lot of plugins for use with my PSP, but they're all for 6.60. Any links?

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
December 27th 2016:

HENkaku R7 has been released, including all of the changes in the taiHENkaku beta!

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Late update, I know.

March 28th 2017:

taiHENkaku has been updated to R8 and PSN spoofing is working once again. Just restart your Vita and go to the HENkaku activation page. Your exploit should now be updated and you just need to use molecularShell to enable PSN spoofing. Get to downloading those PSN games you missed out on before it's too late!

Reactions: Chrisser_75

nikazone

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Will there be a mod for 3.63 eventually? Reason I'm asking is because a friend is selling his vita cheap but it's updated. I don't mind buying it and waiting but only if there is a chance that one day I'll be able to mod. If not I'll go look for one that isn't updated.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Will there be a mod for 3.63 eventually? Reason I'm asking is because a friend is selling his vita cheap but it's updated. I don't mind buying it and waiting but only if there is a chance that one day I'll be able to mod. If not I'll go look for one that isn't updated.
We don't know, but if there is it likely won't be for a looong long time from now. We'd have to find whole new exploits to get to the same level as Henkaku which could take years to find.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
not vita news but should help it (this big PSP news)

the base for most PSP CFW is now open source

https://twitter.com/Mathieulh/status/848293158517694465
Happy M33 10th anniversary everyone! As of today M33 along with Despertar Del Cementerio are now officially open source! (under GPLv3).#M33

https://twitter.com/Mathieulh/status/848293518917414912

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
May 12th, 2017:

I've been a little slow on updating due to work and I'll have a summary below:

HENkaku R9 has been released:

Release 9 (May 11, 2017)
  • Fixed a bug in one of the patch that may crash SceShell
  • Disabled triggering of (nonworking) force reinstall in offline mode
  • Fixed slow file reading in molecularShell
  • Fixed crash in installing VPK (thanks d3m3vilurr)
  • Moved HENkaku settings to the official Settings application (thanks The_FloW)
  • Fixed problem of molecularShell corrupting VitaShell theme and settings (thanks The_FloW)

Adrenaline v3 and v4 have been released:

- Changelog v3 -
- Added ability to launch PS1 games from XMB and play them with full sound.
- Added ability to save and load states using the 'States' tab in the Adrenaline menu.
- Added possiblity to connect USB in XMB and added 'Toggle USB' option to recovery menu.
- Added ability to return to livearea by double tapping the PS button.
- Added Adrenaline startup image designed by Freakler.
- Added option to force high memory layout. For 'The Elder Scrolls Travels: Oblivion' Demo.
- Added option to execute 'BOOT.BIN' in UMD/ISO. For 'Saints Row: Undercover' Demo.
- Added correct enter and cancel buttons assignment.
- Fixed volatile memory allocation bug that made 'Star Wars: The Force Unleashed',
'Tony Hawk's Project 8' and maybe more games crashing.
- Fixed bug that was introduced in v2 which caused some games to crashed at PMF sequences.
- Fixed NoDrm engine bug where fan translated games couldn't load PGD decrypted files.
- Fixed msfs directory filter bug that caused some games not to recognize savedatas.
- Fixed compatiblity of base games, any game should now be able to use Adrenaline to the fullest.

- Changelog v4 -
- Added custom graphics filtering support for PS1 games.
- Added screen mode adjustment for PS1 games. If you're using this feature on a PS Vita, select 'Original' screen mode in the offical settings, then apply the custom screen mode. On the other hand, if you want to the screen mode of the official settings, select 'Original' screen mode in Adrenaline settings. On a PS TV this will finally allow you to play your games in fullscreen.
- Added screenshot support in PS1 games.
- Added network update feature for future updates.
- Fixed a bug in msfs driver that caused weird behaviour in XMB after resuming from standby.
- Removed 'Official' graphics filtering in order to support the features mentioned above.

And last but not least, Team Molecule is back teasing something called Henkaku Ensō for the 1-year anniversary of Henkaku (2017/07/29). Not much is yet known about it, but it seems to be a permanent hack for 3.60 that you don't have to reactivate Henkaku everytime you reboot your Vita. It MIGHT (we don't know this) also be a tease for an actual CFW or at least a door to make CFW happen. The official site can be found here: https://enso.henkaku.xyz/

Here is the teaser video:

Reactions: cvskid

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
May 26th, 2017:

Adrenaline V4.1 has been released!

- Changelog v4.1 -

- Fixed bug where holding R trigger while launching Adrenaline didn't open the recovery menu.
- Fixed msfs truncation bug that caused savedata corruption for Little Big Planet and maybe other games.
- Fixed wrong scale of PS1 games on PS TV.

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
May 30th, 2017:

Henkaku has been updated to version 10.

Changelog:

• Moved files to ur0:tai, can run without memory card on original Vitas now
  • If molecularShell is removed manually, will not attempt to reinstall by default
  • Support loading plugins from ur0:tai/config.txt if ux0:tai/config.txt cannot be found
  • If you are using Ensō, you must redownload the installer and reinstall configuration in order to use the new path

misterdarvus

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So I'd like to have a device to play PSX and PSP games, and my PSP is almost busted, might as well shell on a pirated Vita.

Some question:
  1. Can Vita plays backup PSX games?
  2. If yes, where can I run it? on Vita menu, or on Ardenaline PSP?
  3. Can I run PSP backup on Vita menu? Or I have to boot to eCFW?
I like convenience. I want to be able to run Vita games, PSP games, and PSX games right on the Vita's main menu, I'm asking if it's possible yet.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
So I'd like to have a device to play PSX and PSP games, and my PSP is almost busted, might as well shell on a pirated Vita.

Some question:
I like convenience. I want to be able to run Vita games, PSP games, and PSX games right on the Vita's main menu, I'm asking if it's possible yet.
1. Yes, via Adrenaline.
2. You can add custom bubbles that boot directly to games running from Adrenaline.
3. Games must be run through an eCFW, but see above.

http://wololo.net/2017/07/15/adrenaline-bubbles-manager-gets-new-options/

Arizato

Memento Mori
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

Some question:

You can also play PSX games with Retroarch for Vita.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

August 1st, 2017:

Henkaku Enso has now been released which gives you permanent CFW for your Vita regardless if you turn your Vita off. Download the VPK from https://enso.henkaku.xyz/ and put it on your vita. Install it using MolecularShell and then open the new Enso Application on your home screen. Follow the instructions and try rebooting your Vita when you are done. If you see the Enso Logo instead of the Playstation Logo while booting you are all set!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2