Hacking Please tell me how to fix this!

ametefesamuel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

So, I am trying to homebrew friend 2DS. I am having problems to get the homebrew on my other 2DS. So please watch the video and tell me what I did wrong!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only watched up to the ~1 min mark. Why did you use restore flash on the R4i Gold Plus? You have an internal toggle switch that you can open up the cart and change into NTRBoot. Restore Flash returns the cart into a working DS flashcart, this will not allow it do the magnethax.

ametefesamuel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I only watched up to the ~1 min mark. Why did you use restore flash on the R4i Gold Plus? You have an internal toggle switch that you can open up the cart and change into NTRBoot. Restore Flash returns the cart into a working DS flashcart, this will not allow it do the magnethax.

So, I can't NTRBoot anymore?

I had to or else it wouldn't allow me to launch it.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Make shure the pink 3ds is reading the r4 card properly.

It is

Do I have to do inject NTRBoot function?

D

Deleted User

It is
If it was then it wouldnt of gave your b9s 3ds any trouble the first time launching the b9s installer.Apparently your 3ds's have some wear and tear on the 3ds card reader or the card itself isnt communicating to the 3ds correctly.

ametefesamuel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it was then it wouldnt of gave your b9s 3ds any trouble the first time launching the b9s installer.Apparently your 3ds's have some wear and tear on the 3ds card reader or the card itself isnt communicating to the 3ds correctly.

It can read it because I could install the flashcard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The R4i Gold Plus is a special flashcart that holds two (2x) NANDs unlike its older predecessor, the R4i Gold 3DS RTS [which has only one (1x) NAND]. There was no need to flash NTRBoot onto your cart because it already had it installed on one of those NANDs. All you have to do is open the cart up and flip the toggle switch to the NTRBoot option. Flip it back to DS flashcart after you're done hacking.

You didn't do anything fatal or commit a permanent mistaken that isn't fixable. Just make sure you have the [DS mode NAND] flashed with the R4i Gold 3DS RTS firmware and the [NTRBoot NAND] flashed with the NTRBoot. If you have either switched around or both with NTRBoot -or- stock firmware, just reflash them back accordingly.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It is

Do I have to do inject NTRBoot function?
the r4i gold 3ds plus has a switch internally to switch it from ds to ntrboot but you flashed the ds part so its now strictly an ntrboot cart and once its flashed (not appearing on home menu) you dont need to do the flashing part for another system

ametefesamuel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The R4i Gold Plus is a special flashcart that holds two (2x) NANDs unlike its older predecessor, the R4i Gold 3DS RTS [which has only one (1x) NAND]. There was no need to flash NTRBoot onto your cart because it already had it installed on one of those NANDs. All you have to do is open the cart up and flip the toggle switch to the NTRBoot option. Flip it back to DS flashcart after you're done hacking.

You didn't do anything fatal or commit a permanent mistaken that isn't fixable. Just make sure you have the [DS mode NAND] flashed with the R4i Gold 3DS RTS firmware and the [NTRBoot NAND] flashed with the NTRBoot. If you have either switched around or both with NTRBoot -or- stock firmware, just reflash them back accordingly.

How do I reflash them back?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I reflash them back?

Refer to this thread in how to open up your flashcart.

[Review] R4i Gold 3DS Plus

plus1.png

While you're toggle switch is at the D position (which is the arbitrary chosen NAND for DS flashcart mode), use the Restore Flash option that you did in the video to put the stock R4i Gold 3DS RTS firmware back onto that NAND if it isn't there already.

Switch it the N position when you're ready to use NTRBootHax. If you happen to have messed up and flashed the stock firmware onto the N-side NAND, just go through the motion of reflashing it back to NTRBoot firmware.

ametefesamuel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Refer to this thread in how to open up your flashcart.

[Review] R4i Gold 3DS Plus

plus1.png

While you're toggle switch is at the D position (which is the arbitrary chosen NAND for DS flashcart mode), use the Restore Flash option that you did in the video to put the stock R4i Gold 3DS RTS firmware back onto that NAND if it isn't there already.

Switch it the N position when you're ready to use NTRBootHax. If you happen to have messed up and flashed the stock firmware onto the N-side NAND, just go through the motion of reflashing it back to NTRBoot firmware.
After getting the flashbacks. What do I do? All I see is backup.bin. The page doesn't show how to reflash.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, worry about restoring the R4i stock firmware later until after you install Luma3DS on your 3DS. This isn't that important at this moment. Don't worry about having NTRBoot on both of your NANDs on the flashcart, you can fix this later.

Are you at the step of trying to install Boot9Strap onto one of your 2DS'es? You have to go onto Sleep Mode with the switch (your 2DS does not need a magnet).

ametefesamuel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah. I am on the step to get B9S to launch. It doesn't want to launch like you see in the video.

Go to 6:20 and you will see

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the 3 minute mark in your video, you copied stuff onto one of SD cards for the 2DS. If you copied the stuff off of one 2DS (SD card #1) and put it into (SD card #2) for the second 2DS, it won't work.

What are the sizes of your SD card? If they are bigger than 32 GB, you have to use the provided GUI FAT32 Formatter in the 3ds.guide because Windows does not do FAT32 for larger capacities.

ametefesamuel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The pink 2DS SD has the files from the ntrboot files. My SD card is 4GB and it is FAT32.

Is it a problem with the 2DS? Also, how do I use the backup.bin files?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you make sure to rename SafeB9SInstaller.firm to boot.firm? Try using tape to hold the (Power) + (Start) + (Select) + (X) buttons when you switch it into sleep mode. Just keep holding it until it boots.

Edit : I kept watching and got to the 8 min mark. OKAY, so your flashcart is fine. Files on the SD card is fine. The problem would be the button combo step.

Edit #2 : Can you verify that the pink 2DS has each button working, the least obvious being the (Select)?

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

ametefesamuel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you make sure to rename SafeB9SInstaller.firm to boot.firm? Try using tape to hold the (Power) + (Start) + (Select) + (X) buttons when you switch it into sleep mode. Just keep holding it until it boots.

Edit : I kept watching and got to the 8 min mark. OKAY, so your flashcart is fine. Files on the SD card is fine. The problem would be the button combo step.

Edit #2 : Can you verify that the pink 2DS has each button working, the least obvious being the (Select)?
Yes. All the buttons work. I gtg for now

Do you want me to try to restore the flashcard again with the backup bin files. I can start the 2ds with those buttons but it give me a white screen with a tint.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. All the buttons work. I gtg for now

You are the 2nd case I've seen of someone who has done everything correct yet cannot get into NTRBoot.

Ntrboothax not working?

@windhazard also tried installing CFW onto his friend's O3DS without success (NTRBoot would not launch).

I am starting to wonder if there is a pattern to these failures.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?