ROM Hack Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire clock & other patches

Riptide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mhm, so it seems this patch has its separate yet equally disappointing issues when booted up on EZ Flash carts.

Yeah but the weird thing is these patches were made specifically for EZ Flash carts, as the emulators have other ways of doing RTC.
Only thing I can think of (for my issue anyway, don't completely understand the 3-in-1 stuffs) is that the new EZF4 MicroSD edition is somehow different and doesn't like this patch.

Hucz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah but the weird thing is these patches were made specifically for EZ Flash carts, as the emulators have other ways of doing RTC.
Only thing I can think of (for my issue anyway, don't completely understand the 3-in-1 stuffs) is that the new EZF4 MicroSD edition is somehow different and doesn't like this patch.
I suppose that is indeed possible, my R4 + EZ Flash 3-in-1 seem to work just fine with this patch, it's most likely the GBA Exploader/Backup Tool that is causing the issues I'm having. Do you have the latest firmware for your EZF4?

Riptide

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose that is indeed possible, my R4 + EZ Flash 3-in-1 seem to work just fine with this patch, it's most likely the GBA Exploader/Backup Tool that is causing the issues I'm having. Do you have the latest firmware for your EZF4?
yeah it came with 1.77 (latest) and I even tried downgrading to older kernels to see if it would work then and it didn't

Hucz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Jabodie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty late to the party, but I had a quick question:

For the Ruby/Sapphire patches, does it matter if it's 1.0, 1.1, or 1.2?

Hucz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pretty late to the party, but I had a quick question:

For the Ruby/Sapphire patches, does it matter if it's 1.0, 1.1, or 1.2?
Best way to find out for sure is to try all 3 versions of the ROM.

I'm curious, will this work on rom hacks as well?
like pokemon glazed for instance
That depends, I did not have any success getting Pokémon Liquid Crystal because while it was developed it was tested on VBA and not real hardware.

Malik_Blisht4r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick note, there are actually patches that work inside this thread. Post #22 from earlier has patches which have just a few small changes from the main patch, so they're still perfectly useable, and they also have Emerald which is a plus. From my testing they only work on the roms with the crc he specifies, but they should work well until the main links get updated

Edit: Also does anyone know how to post a link properly? I keep trying to link directly to the post but I get blocked by a spam filter

Last edited by Malik_Blisht4r,

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Strange question! Is this patches for the Europe version too? Or only US version?

Gesendet von meinem Huawei P10 mit Tapatalk

Turokz

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Sorry for the big necro and the ultra noob question: with this clock fix the dry battery message disappeared (yahoo!), a new question I have now is:

with the game working "the right way" will shinies still work like the dry battery way (always binded to a certain frame every reset so I have to create a new id every now and then to refresh the frames) or will they work "random frame every reset" as with a working battery? Thanks in advance and again, sorry for the necro

Turokz

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
EDIT: nevermind, game doesn't work for me. Whenever I enter the pokemon center or any house after the initial scenes I get all sort of graphic glitches.. :(

kralde

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Necrobump, sorry
I am trying to play Pokemon Sapphire in my Ez Flash IV, but Im from spain so I wanna play the Spanish version (Pokemon Edicion Zafiro)
I tried to apply this patch and the game boots fine, but all the text is 100 % messed up, I guess this is because the font patch. is there any way to patch ONLY the rtc and add the clocks? For using the patch with any region of the game

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good morning