"Pokemon Centers" Coming to US GameStop Stores

Gamestop.png

Ahhh the Pokemon Center, that wonderful free health care building where you can take your battered Pokemon and heal 'em up for more battles, all for free! If only the real world had that...annnnd we do, kinda. GameStop has announced the arrival of Pokemon Centers in various GameStop/ThinkGeek locations around the US. These Pokemon Centers will cater to the hardcore Pokemon fans, offering various Pokemon collectibles and exclusive items that can't be found elsewhere. If you don't have a GameStop near you, or if your's is too lame to introduce it, you can also occasionally find some of the items online at GameStop's online store. Items range from figurines and pins to journals and clothing items, as well as the ever popular TCG boxes.

We are excited to bring fans the highest quality Pokémon collectibles at in-store Pokémon Centers, before any retailer outside Japan,” said Janet Bareis, senior vice president of collectibles for GameStop. “The center launches just in time for the holidays, giving gift-givers plenty of time to find a special gift for the budding Pokémon trainer on their list.

You can check out some of the items available in stores via this link: https://www.gamestop.com/collection/pokemon-center

:arrow: Source

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm okay with Pokemon fans getting nickel and dimed, they're clearly suckers if they keep buying the same game over and over again, often times two or three versions each.

Reactions: Xzi

Burlsol

Trophies
XP
Country
It's Gamestop, it won't be better over here.
Unfortunately, this.

Gamestop as a company is in dire trouble. They've closed down most their stores, tried a few bad campaigns to drum up business to make up for most consoles going digital. First it was phone carriers, now it's this. I mean, in an alternate universe where Pokemon Go wasn't botched from update after update, this might have been their saving grace. But in our universe that trend died out too much for this to work.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm okay with Pokemon fans getting nickel and dimed, they're clearly suckers if they keep buying the same game over and over again, often times two or three versions each.
Anyone who buys more than 1 version per generation is being stupid, you can spoof or trade for any Pokemon. I haven't bought a game since Silver though, didn't get back into the Pokemon games until much later (3DS), by which time it was way easier to gotta download 'em all. I don't feel bad about it with how much money I've given Nintendo overall, and I'll definitely buy Pokemon Switch, but FFS I hope it's not forced story-heavy like Sun/Moon just because those sold well. Worst of the game series IMO.

If there was any plushie I would like to own is the aloha region raichu :)
It's cute, but I definitely prefer Raichu's sharp edges. Was one of my favorites in gen1. Raichu is basically a thunder god like Raiden or Thor.

Last edited by Xzi,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Still nothing comparable in the UK :sad:
Every GAME store now has a dedicated Pokemon bay, the bigger the store the more merchandise.
Anyone who buys more than 1 version per generation is being stupid, you can spoof or trade for any Pokemon. I haven't bought a game since Silver though, didn't get back into the Pokemon games until much later (3DS), by which time it was way easier to gotta download 'em all. I don't feel bad about it with how much money I've given Nintendo overall, and I'll definitely buy Pokemon Switch, but FFS I hope it's not forced story-heavy like Sun/Moon just because those sold well. Worst of the game series IMO.
>Pokemon
>Story

Pick one. :^)

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, great news. I've really been looking for an outlet to waste more money on worthless crap. GameStop needs to be able to match Best Buy's GCU program and deals or they are toast.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the $150 is the beanbag chair, not the plush.

except they are the same dam item! Beanbag chairs are called plushies in Japan. Same design and everything. hell, even the same pic is used with the girl sitting on them.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wow, great news. I've really been looking for an outlet to waste more money on worthless crap. GameStop needs to be able to match Best Buy's GCU program and deals or they are toast.

Best Buy no longer sells video games and home videos. yup my local best buys have been hit with the phase out best buy started in 2015. By end of 2018, all best buys will be back to selling electronics only.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Story wise the sun and moon games made some minor tweaks to the formula, but is still largely the same. In Pokemon games the biggest changes are in the competitive battling as the game changes when they change/add mechanics, add new attacks, add new Pokemon every new generation.

2nd gen made one of the biggest changes with the special stat splitting to 2 separate stats, special attack and special defense. They also added Steel and Dark types that gen. 6th gen introduced Fairy types which downgraded Dragon types a bit. 3rd gen introduced poke abilities. So you have to readjust, change your strategy, and learn the new changes every new gen.

The Pokemon Tauros was once a top tier threat in 1st gen but now isn't as used as much in top tier teams because it just can't keep up with the newer Pokemon nowadays. This is just an example how the game changes over time.

I do think the Pokemon series needs a revamp. Something that pleases old fans but enough changes to make it different enough from older games, especially the story. I mean look at BOTW. That game was a huge revamp from traditional formula and yet that game was highly praised. So they can pull it off if done right.

Last edited by SG854,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.