"Pokemon Centers" Coming to US GameStop Stores

Gamestop.png

Ahhh the Pokemon Center, that wonderful free health care building where you can take your battered Pokemon and heal 'em up for more battles, all for free! If only the real world had that...annnnd we do, kinda. GameStop has announced the arrival of Pokemon Centers in various GameStop/ThinkGeek locations around the US. These Pokemon Centers will cater to the hardcore Pokemon fans, offering various Pokemon collectibles and exclusive items that can't be found elsewhere. If you don't have a GameStop near you, or if your's is too lame to introduce it, you can also occasionally find some of the items online at GameStop's online store. Items range from figurines and pins to journals and clothing items, as well as the ever popular TCG boxes.

We are excited to bring fans the highest quality Pokémon collectibles at in-store Pokémon Centers, before any retailer outside Japan,” said Janet Bareis, senior vice president of collectibles for GameStop. “The center launches just in time for the holidays, giving gift-givers plenty of time to find a special gift for the budding Pokémon trainer on their list.

You can check out some of the items available in stores via this link: https://www.gamestop.com/collection/pokemon-center

:arrow: Source

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Pokemon Tauros was once a top tier threat in 1st gen but now isn't as used because it just can't keep up with the newer Pokemon nowadays

Tauros is a threat. Reckless+Life Orb will take a few 'mon to the Pokecenter, easily. Maybe it can't hang with a few bruisers, but it definitely can get an edge with 228 maxed speed.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Tauros is a threat. Reckless+Life Orb will take a few 'mon to the Pokecenter, easily. Maybe it can't hang with a few bruisers, but it definitely can get an edge with 228 maxed speed.
Thats another thing they added in 2nd Gen hold items.

It wasn't top as it used to be. I think it was the strongest non legendary first gen, only outclassed by mew and mewtwo. I guess Taurus can still hang, but it has downgraded big time.

Just an example how the game changes. To non competitive players the game is the same every gen. To people who compete theres a whole battling system they can get into.

H1B1Esquire

RxTools, the ultimate CFW machine.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wasn't top as it used to be. I think it was the strongest non legendary first gen, only outclassed by mew and mewtwo. I guess Taurus can still hang, but it has downgraded big time.

The biggest step-down from gen 1--Alakazam.

Competitive is a whole different beast. If you check out pokemonshowdown, you'll be surprised at what is and what isn't viable.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
The biggest step-down from gen 1--Alakazam.

Competitive is a whole different beast. If you check out pokemonshowdown, you'll be surprised at what is and what isn't viable.
Pokeshowdown is a quick way to build teams and try them out. It basically makes the main games irrelevant to use. Only to use them for the better animated graphics.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

Condarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Pokemon Centers used to be in the US as well. In Lynnwood, Washington there was one about three years ago.

From Lynnwood myself. I remember that though now I think there is still one in Bellevue
The Pokemon Centers used to be in the US as well. In Lynnwood, Washington there was one about three years ago.

From Lynnwood myself. I vaguely remember that, though I think it moved to Bellevue now.

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
can you buy retro stuff in poke centers? like old consoles and games?
Definitely nope unless you count the Pokemon Gold and Silver digital download versions as retro than sure HOWEVER you can get lots of great plush toys and exclusive merchandise OF COURSE I don't mean Gamestop though...when I lived in the U.S. I visited between 20 to 25 gamestops...they are all too small to have ANYTHING decent. Unless of course they move their crappy overpriced used games...but then hey that's most of the store...but seriously since I have lived in Japan I have been to 5 or 6 Pokemon Centers...Sapporo, Yokohama, Ikebukuro, Tokyo Bay (not really in Tokyo; it's in Funabashi which is Chiba; it's in LaLaPort right by IKEA) and my favorite Tokyo Solamachi (Skytree) this one is so close to me I can walk to it and I do...I have been here maybe 50 or 70 times since it opened last year. I visited it when it was on the 5th floor. And I love it now when it's on the 4th floor right by Daiso so convenient as the escalator comes from Loft which my husband loves and if you go down an additional floor(2nd floor) its a short walk to Plaza which carries snoopy goods and Donguri kyowakoku which has so many goods from Studio Ghibli. Sorry for such a long post. I can't help but promote the Skytree and Sumida~!

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Definitely nope unless you count the Pokemon Gold and Silver digital download versions as retro than sure HOWEVER you can get lots of great plush toys and exclusive merchandise OF COURSE I don't mean Gamestop though...when I lived in the U.S. I visited between 20 to 25 gamestops...they are all too small to have ANYTHING decent. Unless of course they move their crappy overpriced used games...but then hey that's most of the store...but seriously since I have lived in Japan I have been to 5 or 6 Pokemon Centers...Sapporo, Yokohama, Ikebukuro, Tokyo Bay (not really in Tokyo; it's in Funabashi which is Chiba; it's in LaLaPort right by IKEA) and my favorite Tokyo Solamachi (Skytree) this one is so close to me I can walk to it and I do...I have been here maybe 50 or 70 times since it opened last year. I visited it when it was on the 5th floor. And I love it now when it's on the 4th floor right by Daiso so convenient as the escalator comes from Loft which my husband loves and if you go down an additional floor(2nd floor) its a short walk to Plaza which carries snoopy goods and Donguri kyowakoku which has so many goods from Studio Ghibli. Sorry for such a long post. I can't help but promote the Skytree and Sumida~!
you should share some pictures of it :D seems pretty fun

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
you should share some pictures of it :D seems pretty fun
The Pokemon Center or the Skytree? They are somewhat ordinary to me but I still love going to both I go to Solamachi maybe 4 to 8 times a month sometimes more but never more than 12 to 15.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended