Emulation Pokemon Pinball Ruby & Saphire all roms broken?

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to replay the game but since I dont' know of any way currently to dump the catridge myself I thought I'd just do something simple like downloadingthe rom, they all say "gameboy player" on startup which is weird as hell. And they all are broken the stage select thing is scrolling in 3 slots above and belowit is the true image and the midle is just a blank outline. no$gba, gbpsp, regba, and mgba all do this behavior.

This is with normatt's replacement bios and the legit gba bios.

Last edited by masterz87,

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
tried a japanese rom? I remember getting one to test on my EZ 3in1 and worked fine , a little time after that a friend gave me the retail (also japanese) one lol

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
"Game Boy Player" is normal - that game is indeed GBP-enhanced (and listens for all four arrows being pressed at once to enter GBP mode with rumble)

Maybe rip a known working dump from the WiiU version? :P

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The stage select screen at the thing, it doesn't work right. As I said it doesn't look right. It scrolls above and below the stage select screen thingy.

It being a gameboy player thing was weird b/c it was something out of the ordinary I doubted normatt's bios would claim it's a GBP.

I'll try to find out if I can find my cart here. I remember playing it years ago(I only got a flashcart maybe 5-6yrs ago tops) and I have only ever sold any system/game once after buying it. And it was my OG ds for a dsi(it barely worked but gs had a trade in thing and I still had my dslite) and pokemon platinum that I sold on amazon as I had no reason for it.
I still regret selling that game now as it's went up on value since I did that.

vba seems to work just fine so I don't know where this is coming from here's the issue in visual form.

Attachments

• screenshot025.png
    screenshot025.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 324
Last edited by masterz87,

GBAFail

Smell my finger.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The stage select screen at the thing, it doesn't work right. As I said it doesn't look right. It scrolls above and below the stage select screen thingy.

It being a gameboy player thing was weird b/c it was something out of the ordinary I doubted normatt's bios would claim it's a GBP.

I'll try to find out if I can find my cart here. I remember playing it years ago(I only got a flashcart maybe 5-6yrs ago tops) and I have only ever sold any system/game once after buying it. And it was my OG ds for a dsi(it barely worked but gs had a trade in thing and I still had my dslite) and pokemon platinum that I sold on amazon as I had no reason for it.
I still regret selling that game now as it's went up on value since I did that.

vba seems to work just fine so I don't know where this is coming from here's the issue in visual form.
Uhhhh, it shows up either way. It's just a splash before the game. It's always there.

Cartoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Played this game on my GBA sp this morning without errors or anything. Got it from "Top 100 GBA games"-torrent on piratebay, maybe that works for you too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a