Homebrew Pokemon question

codexdragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you download pokemon from free shop, do you go online to festival plaza or do you stay offline? Curious what others are doing because I'm a newb and don't want to get banned.

Also, I'm having really slow load times. I think it might be due to my sd card size (128gb). Any workaround to that?

New question
Is there anywhere people take theme requests?

Last edited by codexdragon,

CrispyCola

zero-two
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you download pokemon from free shop, do you go online to festival plaza or do you stay offline? Curious what others are doing because I'm a newb and don't want to get banned.

Also, I'm having really slow load times. I think it might be due to my sd card size (128gb). Any workaround to that?
FreEShop games work just like games downloaded from eShop or loaded from cartridge, meaning online works fine although you do have a very small chance of being banned, just for using CFW. (Remember the banwave a while back?)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm using a Sandisk 128gb MicroSD and I don't have any speed issues. Maybe yours is fake or is corrupted.

Last edited by CrispyCola,

codexdragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FreEShop games work just like games downloaded from eShop or loaded from cartridge.

Thanks. So it's safe to do wonder trade and online battles and whatnot? As far as we know?

I'm using a Sandisk 128gb MicroSD and I don't have any speed issues. Maybe yours is fake or is corrupted.

Thanks. I think it's a good card. They aren't super slow load times, just a little slow.

CrispyCola

zero-two
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. So it's safe to do wonder trade and online battles and whatnot? As far as we know?

Thanks. I think it's a good card. They aren't super slow load times, just a little slow.
Yeah mine is a tiny bit slower to load the HOME Menu whenever I reboot.
I've gone online / battled with genned pokemon (don't judge me) and haven't gotten banned.

EQQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

Does it require spotpass? Then yes, there is a high risk to get banned. Battles are fine (don't use cheated/abnormal overpowered pokemons), do not do any trade.

Last edited by EQQ,

EQQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
That really doesnt mean anything for bans. I think somethings got under your skin with this whole ban thing.
Streetpass/spotpass once enabled on any game will share informations to nintendo about your 3ds, activity log included. It may lead to a ban. That's why every game must have spotpass/streetpass disabled by default and no nnid to minimize any risk. Online functionality like join a room on mario kart for example works perfectly. Trade pokemons require streetpass enabled, am i wrong. I guarantee you i got nothing under my skin.

Last edited by EQQ,

codexdragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New question

How do you organize all your games?
I've got about 30 games now and I'm not sure how to organize them

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New question

How do you organize all your games?
I've got about 30 games now and I'm not sure how to organize them
Folders. Lots of folders. I group stuff by relation to each other, and apps I frequent are left outside folders. Also, don't be bothered too much by the ban wave that happened a while ago. Just disable spot pass data sharing and go about business as usual.

Reactions: codexdragon

codexdragon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok more questions

Is there a place with a break down of all the known pokemon hacks (pkhex, pksm, etc)

I'm trying to keep it all straight in my head but I'm getting then mixed up.

If I install pksm can i also install pkhex?

On the github page for pksm the qr codes there are just to update to current version, right? Because if they were to install that would be amazing.

Is it safe to go online with a pokemon game from freeshop?

Is it safe to use pokebank with games from freeshop?

If I want to go back and play older gen games like heartgold, can i transfer pokemon using pkhex/pksm/pokebank?

What is a vc injection? Is that different from a vc game downloaded from freeshop?

Omegablu

We shall not yield to the Kingdom of Nohr!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok more questions

Is there a place with a break down of all the known pokemon hacks (pkhex, pksm, etc)

I'm trying to keep it all straight in my head but I'm getting then mixed up.

If I install pksm can i also install pkhex?

On the github page for pksm the qr codes there are just to update to current version, right? Because if they were to install that would be amazing.

Is it safe to go online with a pokemon game from freeshop?

Is it safe to use pokebank with games from freeshop?

If I want to go back and play older gen games like heartgold, can i transfer pokemon using pkhex/pksm/pokebank?

What is a vc injection? Is that different from a vc game downloaded from freeshop?
1. I don't think so. But, just to keep you informed: PKHex is a PC program that opens pretty much any normal Pokemon save and allows for pretty in depth editing. PKSM is a combination Wondercard injector/Pokemon editor/offline pokebank subsitute that is run on a 3ds.

2. PKhex is for PC and only works on dumped saves, PKSM is installed on the 3ds. They are mutually exclusive, so you can use both.

3. The QR codes are used to download and install the particular version's CIA using FBI. So if you are using the cia then you are in luck.

4. Games from freeshop are completely legit in Nintendo's eyes. They can't do anything about it. Just don't go online with a Pokemon game before release day, that's a quick and easy way to get banned. Otherwise you're good.

5. Again, completely safe cause Nintendo can't tell the difference.

6. Heartgold you can transfer using the normal methods (Heartgold-->BWB2W2-->Pokebank), although I believe that PKhex might let you transfer as well.

7. VC injection refers to replacing the rom in a VC game with another rom. This is either done while the app runs, or as a rebuilt CIA. If it is the latter, then it is no different from a normal VC game (excluding the fact that the rom is not one normally available).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself