Homebrew Question [POLL] What do you want from Nintendo Switch Homebrew?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 14,896
  • Replies 157
  • Likes 3

What do you want from Switch Homebrew?

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

OP
Lets say that the Switch got hacked. What do you want from Switch Homebrew? Answer the poll above, or comment below if you chose Other. I'm not working with Hackers or Nintendo. I just want to see peoples opinions. (for god's sake, please don't ask when or how the switch gets hacked.) I chose Save Managers. [Delete this thread if it's a duplicate or against the rules.]

Zach9o9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Save Managers and Cheat Programs. Because I prefer supporting the devs while the system's cycle is in it's prime. But considering my low-income background, I'd like to be able to screw around in games I'm going to be playing for a long while, doing whacky stuff within reason (No cheating in Splatoon 2 Online, for example, but unbreakable weapons in BotW, why the hell not?)

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
Save Managers and Cheat Programs. Because I prefer supporting the devs while the system's cycle is in it's prime. But considering my low-income background, I'd like to be able to screw around in games I'm going to be playing for a long while, doing whacky stuff within reason (No cheating in Splatoon 2 Online, for example, but unbreakable weapons in BotW, why the hell not?)
Welcome to almost the exact wording of what my post would be.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emulators, but there was no option on the poll for a media player, and no, I don't want to use a network/streaming, like being able to load MP4 and FLAC audio files with an XMB interface, heck, even a port of Foobar2000 would be nice. Emulators since Nintendo's being stupid about the VC.

mosb3rg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i personally would like the ability to develop a program for my business, without having to officially sign up to be a developer with nintendo, i would base the system around HLS in HTML5 player or MPEG-Dash depending on what we can accomplish, and then deliver streaming content of our choice to the system. with a login system, this is pretty much the main stuff i want to be able to do, and sure emulation would be cool for older consoles. but piracy isnt really on the top of the list for me, if i could continue to buy the cartridges without updating the firmware. and just update the game directly.. i dunno who gives a shit i guess. ill maybe get like 4-5 games for this console in the forseeable future i dont mind paying for those. but having it open for apps and new concepts and ideas.. this is what homebrew should be about. :)

Zabhahs

Goron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emulators and themes. I like customization and I like being able to play any game I own physically without buying it again. Maybe when pokemon comes out, I would like patching so I could have rom hacks but thats not as important to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey