Homebrew Question [POLL] What do you want from Nintendo Switch Homebrew?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 14,916
  • Replies 157
  • Likes 3

What do you want from Switch Homebrew?

• Total voters

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The games are more expensive than the games on Xbox and PlayStation as disc or cartridge.

If you want to buy it digital the games cost more than the disc/cartridge version
well, thats not the case here in canada, far from that
lot of ninty first party games are 65-80$
as for Ps4/XBO AAA games, theyre all above 80$
Also, still in canada, the cost exactly the same as cartridge and digital

Ferris1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well, thats not the case here in canada, far from that
lot of ninty first party games are 65-80$
as for Ps4/XBO AAA games, theyre all above 80$
Also, still in canada, the cost exactly the same as cartridge and digital

The price of the Nintendo console games are still expensive after years while the price xbox/playstation games drops here in Germany.

I have more than 550 original games but it’s risky to buy Nintendo games because they are expensive And Nintendo doesn’t really release demos to make “try before buy” possible.

Last edited by Ferris1000,

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The price of the Nintendo console games are still expensive after years while the price xbox/playstation games drops here in Germany.

I have more than 550 games but it’s risky to buy Nintendo games because they are expensive And Nintendo doesn’t really release demos to make “try before buy” possible.
well, yea... I never saw a nintendo game having a reduced price until the end of the console generation
but as i said, they are still less expansive than PS4/XBO games here
we live in different country, so maybe they price their games differently
for example, here in quebec (idk about the rest of the canada) there is NEVER (as in capital NEVER) reduced price for any games, until the end of the console generation
and i'm talking about all video game (XBO, PS4, Nintendo, PC) except digital version, and even then, I'm talking about steam and origin, not eshop

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like most Nintendo games, I have a hacked 3ds and only finished a single game...

On the PS4 I buy like a game per year, but at least you can buy a top of the line game for like 30eur or less a few months after release.

On PC my favourite game is SQUAD and it's by far the most realistic FPS experience ever and I paid like 20 EUR...

Nintendo here even old 3ds games most are still 30+ EUR and even more shameful is paying like 10eur for like a 5MB game from the Gameboy black and white lool...

Even in the 90s on PC I had a cd with hundreds of that kind of games to play cracked and they ask like 10 EUR which is like 4hours of work at 2.5eur per hour salary... And my last salary on a expensive hotel was only 2.37 EUR per hour.

Ps: there's nothing better then going to the database convert all the old games or emulate them on a new console and asking like 10eur for a game from the 80s when kids nowadays even make better games for free on PC or android...

Last edited by guily6669,

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like most Nintendo games, I have a hacked 3ds and only finished a single game...

On the PS4 I buy like a game per year, but at least you can buy a top of the line game for like 30eur or less a few months after release.

On PC my favourite game is SQUAD and it's by far the most realistic FPS experience ever and I paid like 20 EUR...

Nintendo here even old 3ds games most are still 30+ EUR and even more shameful is paying like 10eur for like a 5MB game from the Gameboy black and white lool...

Even in the 90s on PC I had a cd with hundreds of that kind of games to play cracked and they ask like 10 EUR which is like 4hours of work at 2.5eur per hour salary... And my last salary on a expensive hotel was only 2.37 EUR per hour.

Ps: there's nothing better then going to the database convert all the old games or emulate them on a new console and asking like 10eur for a game from the 80s when kids nowadays even make better games for free on PC or android...
Is it any different than Sony making you pay for ps1/ps2 games digitally? And they worked more than four hours because they had to make the emulator it runs it. And heaven forbid a company wanting you to pay for a game they made rather than pirate it.
And I'm all for roms, but it's just childish and silly to say it's bad for Nintendo to resell older games when both other game console companies also do it.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it any different than Sony making you pay for ps1/ps2 games digitally? And they worked more than four hours because they had to make the emulator it runs it. And heaven forbid a company wanting you to pay for a game they made rather than pirate it.
And I'm all for roms, but it's just childish and silly to say it's bad for Nintendo to resell older games when both other game console companies also do it.
Yeah, they all do it but I'm more interested in good remakes of the originals with better gameplay, graphics and lot more things added...

Still the price Nintendo ask at least for here in Portugal for those black n white games that are like 5MB or less are ridiculously, they should have been like 0.5 to 1 EUR...

On PC we can buy sometimes crazy good games for 1eur...

Ps: and I got too bored of ROMs long time ago after hundreds of hours of mame32, NeoGeo long years ago... But Neo-Bomberman would be a welcome as homebrew.

Portal2player56

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
personally i would like to see all on switch from custom profile pics and themes to piracy (freeshop duplicate maybe) and possibly emulation (if the exe or so to run said game is found in switch.)

SG6000

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All I really want is MAME and FBA for some proper 3:4 vertical arcade gaming. If that can happen I'll buy a Switch.

PatrickD85

Trophies
Website
www.nintendoreporters.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Main concern; Save games outside of the Switch. Still fear the day that something happens to my Switch and I lose those. I am not gonna replay 420 hours BOTW.

Custom theming; I like the current options but so much more could be possible.

Emulators; but only if Nintendo is still sticking to the principles of games having to re-purchased (I once pitched the idea that Nintendo should use the Network ID and keep games you bought through VC available cross a new system. Now that could be another gamechanger in my opinion).

In regard to piracy; well atleast not for 2 years. Nintendo needs this momentum to stay in the mix with Sony and Microsoft.

Clouded Sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
190% mods.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Meriadoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I really want a save manager and homebrew like ntr boot on 3ds.
But is FUNDAMENTAL the possibility to play the games with the new firmware ,unless it is useless to me . I want to play Mario odissey ,xc2, Pokémon and all the newer titles, no piracy possibly,directly from the original cartridge

Last edited by Meriadoc,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1