PortableEverything For All!!!

Should I Include An Option To Download Other Projects On First Project Release?

• Total voters

Slattz

Easygoing Fairy
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Suggestion: For this part of the scripts, insteaad of using the 'TURN OFF CAPS' nag, you can just do this:

Code:
(cemu script example)

if /I "%choice%"=="a" goto DLLDOWNLOADERCHECK
if /I "%CHOICE%"=="b" goto PORTABLEEVERYTHING

Using /I does a case insensitive string comparison so it doesn't matter if it's in caps or not :lol:

Anyway, great work! :)

Reactions: MarioMasta64

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Suggestion: For this part of the scripts, insteaad of using the 'TURN OFF CAPS' nag, you can just do this:

Code:
(cemu script example)

if /I "%choice%"=="a" goto DLLDOWNLOADERCHECK
if /I "%CHOICE%"=="b" goto PORTABLEEVERYTHING

Using /I does a case insensitive string comparison so it doesn't matter if it's in caps or not :lol:

Anyway, great work! :)
lol thats just what happens when you reuse code xD its a remnant from when i had to use %arch:~2,2% it wouldnt work without the i in the scenario i used it in. the ~ is the wavy thingy btw.

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

hii915

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qemu is not working, here is my error:
Screenshot (19).png

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
also would anybody be able to tell me where qtemu writes its config? ive checked everywhere. it loads the config across different installs so i know its somewhere.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

View attachment 83401
read error means its not reading the file properly. it has nothing to do with qemu yet.

View attachment 83401

turns out its not me but sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/

i hope i didnt accidently ddos sourceforge @~@

well sites back up. try again now.

anyways. i have 2 suggestions for everyone. 1. maybe find out where qtemu saves config? that would help me alot. and 2. suggest new projects im very bored lol.

also i like how someone was like "no. i want it now" =w= noice

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-4_19-7-39.png
    upload_2017-4-4_19-7-39.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 212
Last edited by MarioMasta64,

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
new update ! cemu portable launcher now uses cemu 1.7.4d (aka the botw build) if you already have the build just choose update otherwise you can download it with the portable everything suite ! dont worry about your saves as they are safely copied over ^~^

oh and note: after update choose upgrade to update the build used (i dont have a better system at the moment)

some things to look foreword to in future updates (aka soon(tm)): options to automatically import saves or installs (such as moving a whole steam directory or copying minecraft saves from pc to usb ^~^) also i might put in a message of the day feature (similar to kodi) and maybe even give out codes for those who use my programs regurarly (such as a steam code being displayed on launch)

and by on launch i mean in a "nag" bar likely on row 2 or above the choice bar. i can even set it so it doesnt show a space if no word of the day exists !

View attachment 83401
so sourceforge has been back up for awhile. have you tested it out? how is it?

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
new addition tor browser: download it from the suite now (if you dont have the suite you can download it by pressing be in the menu of any program i made (if b isnt an option choose update and then it should be in like 5 secs or so)) ^~^ (btw dont worry about it taking long after extraction its just moving the files into place)

on a side note: i internet through usb so alot of things break for me. but does the wget.exe downloader break on anyone elses install? (also the suite is updated to v4 i forgot i had this on disk) turns out the one on releases was v1 :0

update v2 for qtemu (fixed a minor bug no need for update unless you want to)

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
new update: ability to write quicklaunchers for: cemu, lastpass, minecraft, obs, qtemu, steam and tor
if you have any of these programs update from the menu and it'll be option "c" to write a quicklauncher

also ive noted that cemu and obs open a seperate window when updating and i have plans to fix this

note: i now am using visual studio making it alot easier to code and upload to github (minus the cursed vs folder that wont delete ;-; )

also: if anyone has something they want done i can look into it !

Last edited by MarioMasta64,

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
update to project kaeru setup portable: now with ips patches (the luma 7.0 way) sadly their is no in in menu updater so you will have to delete kaeru setup portable and redownload using the suite

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
huge update in my eyes: the suite can now update launchers to make for an easier experience in updating ! first you will have to go in each app and update them before you can use this feature tho as the old launchers dont have "hooks" to the update checker in the suite

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
note: update to the suite. if you have v6 the updater is broken but v7 fixes this if you have v6 youll have to redownoad from the site and update but if you have v5 or below you can just update. choose about to see your version. changes to the suite: you can now update programs (soon(tm) mass deletion) you can also view info on each of them from inside the program (internet is required as it pulls the info text from my github)

update: made the thread more bearable to read

lol thats just what happens when you reuse code xD its a remnant from when i had to use %arch:~2,2% it wouldnt work without the i in the scenario i used it in. the ~ is the wavy thingy btw.
i just realized what this meant ! this is wonderful

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
new updates: for the suite: no longer shows dll downloader in updates (and launchers as they use the same framework) as its not in the main repository it wont know where to look for it. it can stilll be launched from apps that require it.
appdata fix: applicable programs: obs, minecraft, steam (whaddya know its the 3 that started this all)
i noticed this problem while playing my steam games. relative pathing doesnt work for appdata

id advise anyone using the programs update now to avoid the appdata blackhole

if anyone has a project they would like me to do im willing to look into it

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
heres a prototype for how the message of the day feature will work. keep in mind this is only a prototype and feel free to tell me how it is and any changes that will be made, i also plan on making an update to all binaries to make them show less to no text when downloading stuff the less text is demonstrated here

how it works: a file is downloaded named index.txt which contains the filenames of text files to download. this file is deleted after use. if the file is not detected the previously downloaded files are used. if neither is available then it wont show anything.

Attachments

• note_of_the_day.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 175

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
new update: added more titles to launchers (mostly too update parts so you can tell its updating on slower connections) and objects no longer show as much text when downloading. also try out the note of the day test above and let me know what its like using it

oh yea. i also fixed issues with pathing. so thats a thing. no more sending steam saves to the void and such ^^"

i also fixed a few quicklauncher writers

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
cemu updated to 1.7.5 with better fpe emulations launcher also updated. update now (auto upgrade option is broken for now so drag out the mlc01 and hfiomlc01 from the old cemu directory in .\bin\ into the new one and delete the old directory. I will fix this soon

games that work better because of this are ones that depend on engines that simulate things like collision and such. i.e. splatoon, botw, etc...

I'm also still planning on making a mod downloader for cemu

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
update to cemu launcher: v12 finally figured out what was wrong with the upgrader (for after updating cemu versions to migrate saves and mods to the new folder) and it now works again

also an update to the steam portable launcher has been made that hopefully fixes the save void. (where things wouldn't save before) same issue as with the cemu upgrader so it should work perfectly after the update: v10

MarioMasta64

OP
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
who wants ads and autoupdating features along with instability updates? *-* ill make this the new windows 10

on another note I make this on windows 10 and also I'm kidding. I'm just bored here cause no one comments

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended