Hacking Question Possibilities of Exploit NSwitch with FW 3.0.x or 4.x.x by means of modified saved game

Imancol

Otak Productions
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
If with the introduction of current exploits and there is a Homebrew that makes backup of saved games. If I upload or inject an altered game on a Nintendo Switch with FW 3.0.0 or lower, and transfer that game to a console 3.0.1 or higher (4.x.x).

- Could the console of 4.x.x be modified by means of an exploit in a Videogame with the altered savegame?.

-There's a possibility?.

- What risks would a brick ?.

Leave your opinion. :)

Last edited by Imancol,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If with the introduction of current exploits and there is a Homebrew that makes backup of saved games. If I upload or inject an altered game on a Nintendo Switch with FW 3.0.0 or lower, and transfer that game to a console 3.0.1 or higher (4.x.x).

- Could the console of 4.x.x be modified by means of an exploit in a Videogame with the altered game ?.

-There's a possibility?.

- What risks would a brick ?.

Leave your opinion. :)

pretty sure saves are saved to the switch not cart

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
its tagged as a question and you cant change titles
You can ask a mod to change it.
And already got over 50 people baited to the thread :P (unless they are actually reading)

Also, unless their is an actual exploit in the system that can be abused by a game save, then no this isnt possible. Brick level probably 0 if userland (thats if this exists).

Imancol

Otak Productions
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Last edited by Imancol,

Bedel

The key of the blade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Afaik, any. I recall it was comented at the 34c3, that games have no access to the kernel so it's not possible to do this.

puelo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Switch uses ASLR (Address space layout randomization) in the complete user-space (i believe). This is what makes save-game exploits extremly difficult because it is very hard to predict where in memory your save game will be loaded to or where you need to jump.

Last edited by puelo,

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The way to transfer the hacked save to a new console could be updating the hacked console and then doing a normal transfer. The hard part is creating a save that could be used as a exploit.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We've already discussed this. Switch is not likely to have save game exploits. You need at least two vulnerabilities; an info leak and a buffer overflow. Very unlikely to get both in one game. On top of that you wouldn't be able to transfer the save from a homebrew-compatible device because that feature was introduced into later firmwares and likely uses server verification before the transfer.

Imancol

Otak Productions
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Switch uses ASLR (Address space layout randomization) in the complete user-space (i believe). This is what makes save-game exploits extremly difficult because it is very hard to predict where in memory your save game will be loaded to or where you need to jump.

I understand then it is probably null for a vulnerability to come out from a saved game, and ASRL, reminds me of something like online video games, where they prevent cheating. In any case, the softmod is the only salvation for FW 3.0.1 and higher. I'll keep thinking about the possibilities, even if I'm not a modder.

And to think that to hack Ps3 consoles with FW 3.55 or higher, you should do Downgrade for SoftMOD. leave the PS3 scene and today I saw that, thanks to the Webkit, you can hack most consoles with the latest OFW 4.82 for Software. I love ethical hacking. <3

Last edited by Imancol,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: +1