Homebrew Possible Nintendo 3DS exploit/vulnerability (Found by me!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

machmandp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
As i see it yes there are loads of Suggestions here that do sweet FA and maybe some users are getting bored but don't turn people away from doing this
It only needs one good find and dissuading people from posting makes that find much harder to come by

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
NipponRyan97, when your *REAL!* vulnerability can do this, tell me.

bannerjbt.jpg

We don't need spam.

nice to see a early dev console :P

the ones which are flat like that arnt seen often

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
off-topic: Why do people get so mad and p*ssed off when ANYONE tries to help the 3DS hacking community? They take it so personally and try to attack/ flame any OP. A lot of people need to chill the f*ck out. He is trying to help. Also if you were smart enough, it would be stickied the second any real exploit/ hack/ mod was found/ released. One last thing; I never see any posts from the butt hurt people trying to help.
I'm not mad and pissed off, but I do hold a certain contempt for posts that claim they're something that they're not by non-hackers with itchy trigger fingers over the "Post" button. Have you ever noticed that possible exploit's are never announced by hackers? If I found this, I'd stick to the back channels of seeing if it's exploitable, rather than making a public post about it on a popular hacking forum where people are just going to have their hopes dashed when it turns out the OP was mistaken.

Also, I doubt any hacking theories posted here will help anyone much. Very few real hackers browse this site, you're much better off posting your findings on #3dsdev.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Everyone, what did you expect, a bannerbomb 3ds?
Also, good find, but I'm not sure if it could lead to much at this moment.
It's always good to find as much vulnerabilities as we can.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oo sifjar , your a touchy sod , hes offering his findings , maybe he is misguided , but his intentions are there.
I have to disagree with you there. I was not "touchy" as you suggest. I was factually pointing out that this cannot be exploited. There's no point in letting people believe this could lead to something when I know it won't. I also don't appreciate being insulted like that. I don't care if he has the right intentions, that won't magically make this exploitable, and doesn't change the facts I have previously stated.

Reactions: 1 person

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oo sifjar , your a touchy sod , hes offering his findings , maybe he is misguided , but his intentions are there.
I have to disagree with you there. I was not "touchy" as you suggest. I was factually pointing out that this cannot be exploited. There's no point in letting people believe this could lead to something when I know it won't. I also don't appreciate being insulted like that. I don't care if he has the right intentions, that won't magically make this exploitable, and doesn't change the facts I have previously stated.

Exactly as you said.

At BEST this may work as a crude region free (similarly done for the wii in wii hacking's early life) IF he can boot games with the glitch.

Of course this is a huge stretch in terms of 'possible' so I don't expect it to work like that, though.

CollosalPokemon

ばん。。。かい
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe a thread should be made to show people what to keep an eye out for

i should really test all my 3DS demo carts to see if i can find a error in them

They're not region-free, or mine aren't.
Current save file backup systems don't seem to be able to back up their save files either.

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

Current save file backup systems don't seem to be able to back up their save files either.

mine are all EUR region
i havnt checked mine on the Save Backup tool (if i can dig it out i will test all mine on it)
Demo carts i have are:

Zelda Ocorina of Time
Starfox 64
Pilot Wings
Super Street Fighter 4
Mario Kart 7
Steel Diver
Nintendogs + Cats
AR Card Games

id assume as you cant save in the game sav data isnt needed

NathanDuma

Trophies
XP
Out of curiosity, where do you get these demo carts from?
Stores have then on display and they can be stolen, or sold by the owner. They are suppose to dispose of them but people have found them.
It also happened with N64 demo carts,.

jrk190

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually am not sure if this would work. It's something, but could be nothing. Maybe, you could put in a flashcart, and boot in 3DS mode if it thinks it is a 3DS game... There's no telling. The 3DS is a bit like the Wii, but the best method (IMO) would be a 3D Classics Savegame exploit... If possible...

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP

mine are all EUR region
i havnt checked mine on the Save Backup tool (if i can dig it out i will test all mine on it)
Demo carts i have are:

Zelda Ocorina of Time
Starfox 64
Pilot Wings
Super Street Fighter 4
Mario Kart 7
Steel Diver
Nintendogs + Cats
AR Card Games

Pong, I've already sayed that but here we go again: Any of your demo carts starts straght, without showing the home menu?

Pong20302000

Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country

mine are all EUR region
Demo carts i have are:

Zelda Ocorina of Time
Starfox 64
Pilot Wings
Super Street Fighter 4
Mario Kart 7
Steel Diver
Nintendogs + Cats
AR Card Games

Pong, I've already sayed that but here we go again: Any of your demo carts starts straght, without showing the home menu?

you havnt posted in this thread aobut it and i dont read every post of every thread so......

but i havnt tryed to start them from power off

i just booted them like a normal game to test that they worked

you have to press the power button to quit out of them tho then hit home to get the the home menu

Deleted member 194275

Edson Arantes do Nascimento
Trophies
XP
I'm almost sure that an OoT demo starts straight from power up. I'll check again at the store I saw it.

Ok ok ok I'm off topic, now On topic: This error is stable, but as far as I know (and I dont know much), this is required, but not enough for hacking purposes.

sychotix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You guys arn't being creative enough with this. (Ignore the fact that it probably wouldn't work due to being unsigned code) What if someone was to place code to run in the same position in memory that is accesses when displaying the manual? You click manual it executes the code... etc. No, I'm not saying this will be an exploit that the 3DS gets hacked with, but you gotta get creative when dealing with these things =P

Reactions: 1 person

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You guys arn't being creative enough with this. (Ignore the fact that it probably wouldn't work due to being unsigned code) What if someone was to place code to run in the same position in memory that is accesses when displaying the manual? You click manual it executes the code... etc. No, I'm not saying this will be an exploit that the 3DS gets hacked with, but you gotta get creative when dealing with these things =P
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, but good luck with that.

How exactly do you intend to loading code INTO memory in that specific location? If you had some way of influencing memory to that extent, you'd probably already be running unsigned code, making it pointless.

Reactions: 2 people

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How'd you make your home screen look like that?... I looked through all my settings.
Look like what? It looked like a normal Home Screen to me.

If you mean 3-icon columns, there are size modifier icons in the top left corner of the touch screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all