Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by CaptainSodaPop, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Mike007899

Mike007899 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 15, 2017
    United States
    Maybe something like PHBankGB and PokeSlow mixed together to edit G1 and G2 mons in the same aspect as PKSM.

Just a thought.

ScientistGreen likes this.
  2. jupitteer

jupitteer idk what i'm doing

Feb 17, 2017
    Antarctica
    Subcon
    Is it possible to edit the way the c-stick is configured?
    it's kind of hard to aim downwards with the c-stick.

3. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    A branch of Snes9x for N3DS that contains either a highly optimized Blargg S-SMP (SPC700) or Anomie S-SMP (used in SnesGT and I believe in the Snes VC). Why? Anomie's audio core is still very good for most games, Snes9x 1.51 can't play games like Earthworm Jim 2 as 90% of the sounds are missing. Either one of these audio cores can fix that very issue, among other audio timing issues. Surely, maybe a bounty source can be started? I don't know..

I'd be more than willing to do comparison tests.

Then again I need to cease making suggestions.

Last edited by the_randomizer, Sep 25, 2017
  4. Ann0ying

Ann0ying GBAtemp Regular

Apr 12, 2016
    NtDH! GA!
    Request:
    Homebrew to use 3ds as a controller in mac os x, ideally so it can mimic itself as a Xbox 360 controller. There was a project on github. But I couldn't get it to work because 3ds is simply not connecting.
    I would gladly test it with games if you need.
    Thanks in advance.

5. Chetti

Chetti Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2017
    Colombia
    noob question, if I alreadyhave CFW is it necessesary to have a usarland exploit such a steelhax? or Can I delete the game?

6. royyy4

royyy4 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 5, 2016
    Netherlands
    Is it possible to have a port of harry potter and the sorcerer's stone PC Or/And Harry potter and the chamber of secrets PC to the 3ds?

7. nop90

nop90 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 11, 2014
    Italy
    Rome
    no

8. jockep

jockep GBAtemp Regular

Apr 12, 2017
    Not without rewriting the whole game for the 3ds which is to much work.

9. mileyrock2

mileyrock2 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 28, 2016
    United States
    mugen 1.0 3ds not paintown

10. Tanuki55

Tanuki55 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2017
    United States
    My brother has a tendency to lose his 3ds. I was wondering if I could make some sort of background app that makes a noise when prompted remotely.

I don't know much, but if the DS isn't turned off, and is simply closed, would is be possible to have a program I could have running in the background waiting to get a signal to make noise. So that when my brother loses his 3ds I can just go to my laptop and have it start making noise.

I pwned U! likes this.
  11. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    Could I request an homebrew that dump all installed softwares/games/hb and export the list as a txt or any other text file?
    It could be useful (at least for me).

12. YoshiOG1

YoshiOG1 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 15, 2016
    United States
    I think it would be convenient to be able to use PKMN-NTR's features but without NTR debugger. Rather, I'd like to be able to inject Pokemon into PC boxes using Rosalina debugger (you know, that Luma3DS feature).

Basically, I want someone to make a GUI program that has the features of PKMN-NTR but with the convenience of Rosalina debug, so I don't have to load up NTR.

13. rubber10

rubber10 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2014
    Gambia, The
    I found nice if you made a homebrew to play 3ds games in 1080p ultra 3d on 3ds whithout need of citra emulator or just make the 3d effect better

14. Asia81

Asia81 In my Ecchi World <3

Nov 15, 2014
    France
    Albi
    Same, I would love playing PS4 game on my PS1.
    Can someone make a homebrew PS4 emulator for the PS1?
    I have no money for the PS4...

YoshiOG1 likes this.
  15. Marcogn

Marcogn Member

Newcomer
    Oct 13, 2017
    Italy
    I'd like to have some Pokèmon save manager for I and II generation, like PKSM, and (but I know that's impossible due to the small 3DS capability) an app like Plex for streaming video, tv series etc on my 3ds!

16. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    That's... not how it works. You can't make it look better. Several things make it impossible. First, the screen resolution literally can't output 1080p, it doesn't have enough physical pixels. You can't homebrew more pixels on the screen. Abs second the 3ds already barely handles some of the games as is, so graphical upgrades will cause unplayable games. They design the games to look at good as they can while still being (mostly) playable. Again you can't just homebrew the hardware to be more powerful (at least not enough to affect it).

17. flow349

flow349 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2015
    Gambia, The
    i know it has been done before but it didnt work properly and oly with a few cards. so i think it would be useful to have a working filemanager to transfer your files between your 3ds sd card and your flashcards micro sd,

or example: you dumped some nds games via gm9 and want to copy it to your flascard to play them without removing your sd cards everytime.
    or an easier b9s setup on virgin consoles (all needed files are on the flashcard and you copy it to your 3ds without a pc).

especially for new 3ds users it would be very usefull because the sd is under the backplate and you have to unscrew it everytime.

here are two links from the existing project:

https://github.com/ahezard/woodfilemanager/releases

https://github.com/ahezard/woodfilemanager

it should work with atleast the r4 gold rts and acekard 2i (maybe more if it is possible).

thanks in

I pwned U! likes this.
  18. Purplstuph

Purplstuph Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 9, 2016
    Canada
    We already have Doom but how about Doom 64?
    Not the N64 version but the pc port.
    Is that possible?

Edit: i saw a port on the original ds, so i have my doubts

Last edited by Purplstuph, Oct 15, 2017
  19. MushGuy

MushGuy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 11, 2010
    United States
    Here's an idea: A true successor to Moonshell, one that also plays MP3s, NSFs, GBSs, HESs, SPCs, etc. Previous players have yet to achieve that, which is why I'm suggesting this right now.

I pwned U! and flow349 like this.
  20. YTElias

YTElias GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 23, 2017
    Germany
    Germany
    Maybe a Non CFW ACNL .3dsx
    It should be something too easily setup your town and so by searching the item ids for items
    Like http://www.marcrobledo.com/acnl-editor/ but without always insert your sd card