• Total voters

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After homebrew will come on the Switch, I'm thinking of a port of PPSSPP to Switch. It's basically an Nvidia Shield (which runs on android, and the same arhitecture as the Swtch), and it was realeased on android too. I'm thinking it wouldn't be too hard to port it, and then we could enjoy PSP games on the Switch.
Could this be possible?

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
No, because the Switch isn't hacked.

EDIT: If its working on Nvidia Shield then why wouldn't it work on Switch? No reason to ask. And yes, once hacked it can be ported to Switch. (Weird question to ask)

Last edited by GamerzHell9137,
Reactions: McWhiters9511

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, because the Switch isn't hacked.
"Could this be possible"

Yes it could, it's already ported to the xbox one and can definitely be ported to the switch if/when hacked. It should have enough power to play almost every game smoothly at an upscale resolution if we get access to the switches full power.

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Even the Wii U has the power, and that's been hacked, but look how well hacking that has done for it lately. What makes people think there will be interest in porting it to the Switch?
Switch is portable, psp is portable. Playing psp on switch would be awesome, you never know if someone gonna port or make a new one with different name.

Reactions: NoNAND

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even the Wii U has the power, and that's been hacked, but look how well hacking that has done for it lately. What makes people think there will be interest in porting it to the Switch?
Well, the wii u was a failure, the scene started too late into its life span (it was dead by time it started), and it is suppose to be hard to code for.
Assuming the switch succeeds, and gets hacked 3 or 4 years (or sooner) into its life, I can see people porting emulators and making homebrew.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, the wii u was a failure, the scene started too late into its life span (it was dead by time it started), and it is suppose to be hard to code for.
Assuming the switch succeeds, and gets hacked 3 or 4 years (or sooner) into its life, I can see people porting emulators and making homebrew.

I dunno, not gonna get my hopes up after what happened with Wii U homebrew as of late. I kinda lost faith to be brutally honest.

Switch is portable, psp is portable. Playing psp on switch would be awesome, you never know if someone gonna port or make a new one with different name.

Yes, it would be nice to see it, as it uses ARM, but IDK what to think.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Is it hypothetically possible? Well, the hardware should be powerful enough. Will it happen? Crystal ball is murky, but safe to assume not unless proven otherwise.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

It does, but the Wii U also has a PowerPC processor, while the Switch uses ARM, and PPSSPP already has an ARM recompiler/dynarec (while it does not anymore for PowerPC; Xbox 360 support was never completed) so it's already in a better spot, hacked or not. The main issue would be graphics backends once the JIT was sorted out.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It does, but the Wii U also has a PowerPC processor, while the Switch uses ARM, and PPSSPP already has an ARM recompiler/dynarec (while it does not anymore for PowerPC; Xbox 360 support was never completed) so it's already in a better spot, hacked or not. The main issue would be graphics backends once the JIT was sorted out.

So much wasted potential on the Wii U, that's what irks me the most *sigh* c'est la vie. Sad that the 3DS can run XMB but Wii U doesn't. Oh well.

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dunno, not gonna get my hopes up after what happened with Wii U homebrew as of late. I kinda lost faith to be brutally honest.
Like stated, the wii u scene was dead before it even started so it didn't get anything.
We got full hacks way to late into the wii u's lifespan, so the scene never really took of.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like stated, the wii u scene was dead before it even started so it didn't get anything.
We got full hacks way to late into the wii u's lifespan, so the scene never really took of.

And the current state of its apps today certainly prove that, like I said though, a lot of wasted/untapped potential. Ugh. I still don't have high hopes for seeing more interest in the Switch, that's how I feel, nothing more.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So much wasted potential on the Wii U, that's what irks me the most *sigh* c'est la vie. Sad that the 3DS can run XMB but Wii U doesn't. Oh well.
If there isn't a big enough reason then why bother. Pepole don't want to waste time on a product that people have moved on from and neither you or me would continue to waste our time on a lost cause especially if the company of that lost cause ditches it. Sure same thing can be said for the vita but there is a difference which I don't feel like getting into. At best we will see slow releases for homebrew activity on the Wii u which should be sufficient since things are already getting started on the switch.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If there isn't a big enough reason then why bother. Pepole don't want to waste time on a product that people have moved on from and neither you or me would continue to waste our time on a lost cause especially if the company of that lost cause ditches it. Sure same thing can be said for the vita but there is a difference which I don't feel like getting into. At best we will see slow releases for homebrew activity on the Wii u which should be sufficient since things are already getting started on the switch.

Yeah, I said my piece and I stick by it, but I think I've said enough. I'll show myself out -_-

Reactions: BlackWizzard17

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi:
    Good morning!
  • ShdwTakashi @ ShdwTakashi:
    pineapple belong on pizza? The answer is yes until proven otherwise
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    hi, i need help with unbanning my 3ds, can somebody show me a link to a seed that still works and isnt yet banned, mine got banned yesterday
  • A @ anotherthing:
    The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @StatusN, welcome
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey qwerty look at that you ain't the youngest here anymore
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Had a question on 3ds
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    will one still be able to transfer pokemon from the ds 3ds games to Switch
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Supposedly Bank isn't going down.
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    i know they are @anotherthing but i modded m y 3ds last month and i installed pretendo but as my 3ds got banned i need a friend seed to unblock my 3ds
  • A @ anotherthing:
    You got banned from Pretendo?
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    online ban
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @anotherthing I think Nintendo should have just re released all pokemon games on the switch
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    let you transfer it all
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    bank got shutdown in april last year
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, yea the only game they rereleased are the game boy and games boy color ones (remakes don't count)
  • StatusN @ StatusN:
    does anyone have a friend seed link to a seed that isnt already banned and is new, if anyone does then thanks
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty I refuse to get Nintendo Switch online
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    until they add pokemon mainline games
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could very easily do so
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i meant that they got rereleased in virtual console in 3ds
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @Xdqwerty why cant they do so for the switch :sad:
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    S @ salazarcosplay: I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a...